• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Final Fantasy character designer Roberto Ferrari would like to work on Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

AkibaGamers had the opportunity to interview character designer Roberto Ferrari, well known for his work on FINAL FANTASY XV and in the upcoming FINAL FANTASY VII Remake. He talks about his desires to become a character animator as a child, how he eventually obtained the opportunity to work at Square Enix, and much more.

On his most memorable project:

–– Over the course of your career, which of the franchises you've been involved in do you prefer the most? And why?

Ferrari: It'd probably be Final Fantasy XV, not because it was released recently, but because I finally was able to work with Mr. Nomura in an important and leading role. With Mr. Nomura, I felt respected as an artist, and it was the first time I've felt that since living in this country. I sensed his deep confidence in myself and in my ability. It's hard to explain, but before then I felt just exploited.

What franchise he'd like to work on in the future:

–– Are there any series or franchises you'd like to work on? Something you love?

Ferrari: I'd like to work on Kingdom Hearts because it has no realistic graphics.

What type of character, new or existing, would you like to see Roberto Ferrari design for a future KINGDOM HEARTS title? Let us know!

Read the full interview on AkibaGamers.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I love his art style so this made me squee. <3

What type of character, new or existing, would you like to see Roberto Ferrari design for a future KINGDOM HEARTS title? Let us know!
All of the original cast! lol

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
it nice that he wants to work on kingdom hearts series to bad it might be late for kh3 i would love to see him do lea new outfit

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
attachment-3.jpg

15578575_1303227203082968_6641754985107469258_n.jpg

15578509_1303227926416229_4373866752335590857_n.jpg

Just a little art appreciation~

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'd say keep the Foretellers masked for the entire rest of this saga and make them still important somehow in the next saga, then let this guy design their faces plus also the actual full appearances of Luxu & MoM.

Alternatively let him design the new villain/antagonist.
If they decide to include FF Type-0 character cameos or FF XV ones, let him design the KH versions. ^__^

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Makes sense his artsyle is similar enough to nomura for it to work.

On an unrelated note I find it funny how despite being credited as sub-character designer he designed most of the cast for ffxv along with Yusuke Naora.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

I like art style to say the least, but not so much the character design. (I guess that's Nomura doing.)

Whoa, whoa, whoa, Now this is something to appreciate.

Also, what does he mean by:

Ferrari said:
I'd like to work on Kingdom Hearts because it has no realistic graphics.

Is this a misunderstanding? What does he mean by "no realistic graphics" ?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
It is really nice to hear that Nomura made Mr.Ferrari feel that his work is respected. I`d love to see him draw his version of some of the KH`s original cast. I am quite looking forward to what he and Nomura will do with VII remakes characters.

Wait, he drew Kurasame too? Whoa, I did not know that. His outlook and clothes were one of my favorites in Type-0!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I like art style to say the least, but not so much the character design. (I guess that's Nomura doing.)

No, it was Ferrari. His initial design was similar to the final one but Nomura said he felt it was missing something, so Ferrari added the wing unprompted and that was the design that got approved by the art team. The thing Ferrari likes about Nomura is that he gives him the freedom to design what he wants.

Is this a misunderstanding? What does he mean by "no realistic graphics" ?

He means that the game has a more cartoonish style to it. It's not limited by something like the realism depicted in FFXV, which allows for more fantastical designs.

We see a lot of clothes in KH that are similar to real world stuff, but most of the time is outlandish enough that nobody would realistically wear it. In comparison, most of the stuff in XV were real clothes like Noctis and the gang's outfits (and people in Japan do wear similar clothing) or could be real barring something like Aranea's stuff or clothes the Empire wore.

D

Deleted member 246005

His designs look pretty cool so i'd be interested in seeing what he could come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back