• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Sora makes his grand appearance in World of Final Fantasy!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Today marks the Japanese release of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, and to celebrate Square Enix is releasing Sora as a free downloadable champion for World of Final Fantasy. 

Japanese PlayStation Network users can download Sora right now on PlayStation 4 and Playstation Vita. Download it as soon as possible because this DLC will only be available until March 31st 2017.

You can watch him in action thanks to saito015:

Read our review of World of Final Fantasy on our sister site Final Fantasy Network!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Does that mean it's time to dust off WoFF?
But I wanna platinum BBS first...choices...

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I see this ridiculously adorable Sora, and all I can say is "how come we don't we have squishy dolls of these?!"

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Noooo, why did I delete WoFF now I have to download it again to get this. :(

Sora looks awesome and I like that since it`s his DDD form they integrated flowmotion into his movement during the summon animation(it also reminded me of the boss battle he has in Symphony of Sorcery). I am little disappointed thou that Sora seems used ice magic, since in the game there is a few champions already who use it. Would have hoped that his move was Ars Arcanum or the like, but since that is only a bit of the summon animation, maybe he uses something like one his more personal moves.

I also wonder that since he is a champion, will the game have any of those side mission with Sora that you can start from the Tea Room?

DefiantHeart

Awards
So guessing everyone else will get Sora when 2.8 releases worldwide? I hope so... been waiting to use him as a medal for post game stuff... ( didn't want to specify in case somebody didn't beat WOFF yet.)

Noooo, why did I delete WoFF now I have to download it again to get this. :(

Sora looks awesome and I like that since it`s his DDD form they integrated flowmotion into his movement during the summon animation(it also reminded me of the boss battle he has in Symphony of Sorcery). I am little disappointed thou that Sora seems used ice magic, since in the game there is a few champions already who use it. Would have hoped that his move was Ars Arcanum or the like, but since that is only a bit of the summon animation, maybe he uses something like one his more personal moves.

I also wonder that since he is a champion, will the game have any of those side mission with Sora that you can start from the Tea Room?

Yeahh... why did chu delete it? Did chu not see all the hints more stuff will be added to the game? All them fourth wall breaking and stuff... geez, ish hard not to say spoilers at times...XD

Regardless, I am also hoping there will be side missions based on KH. :3 Maybe seeing Sora with his friends? That would be cute.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
!!!!

I'll confirm this in a little bit, but the 1.02 patch (the one where Sora enters in the Japanese version) is now live for NA. I'm d/ling it now since I didn't uninstall the game.

This does not mean Sora is there yet. It just means the patch showed up; it's pretty much a bug fix patch. I'll post here again if Sora showed up for NA with screenshots from my Facebook for proof guys. Maybe I'll even figure out how to do a vid of summoning him for sillies if that's true.

[Edit] Nope, Sora isn't there yet for NA. I'll check again the day my copy of 2.8 ships.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The patch notes do confirm they've added support for Sora, but Sora will have to be purchased from the PSN store.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Oh! I'll go check then, Chaser. Wonder what it's about?

[Edit] Nope, not there yet. I'll keep checking though, if the pattern holds, he'll show up around the NA release date. Which is when my copy of 2.8 should ship.

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
eahh... why did chu delete it? Did chu not see all the hints more stuff will be added to the game? All them fourth wall breaking and stuff... geez, ish hard not to say spoilers at times...XD

I needed more space so that FFXV would have enough room. :( Should have deleted something else thou since I knew Sora was coming to the game soon.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Thank you Square for making Sora look so freaking adorable. <3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Literally have deleted games off of my console just to make sure the DLC will download rather than give me an error message about not having enough space. Time to upgrade to a 1TB.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Literally have deleted games off of my console just to make sure the DLC will download rather than give me an error message about not having enough space. Time to upgrade to a 1TB.
Really?
Sorry to hear. :/

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
saito015 on Youtube uploaded a video of Sora in action!

[video=youtube;MqySIYd18Og]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqySIYd18Og&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I know this is a really cool gesture, but I don't understand the logic of releasing DLC for different game about a game that just came out.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I know this is a really cool gesture, but I don't understand the logic of releasing DLC for different game about a game that just came out.

Cross-promotion, by giving out free KH DLC for WoFF and selling cheap WoFF medals in KHUX, in the hopes that players of one game will be interested in the other.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Yusss, he did Ragnarok! That`s awesome! Hmm, about the diving in the water sequence at the beginning of the summon animation, do you guys think it`s a reference to the begin of DDD where Sora and Riku are thrown into the water and there enter the Sleeping Worlds, or to KH1 opening sequence? Maybe it`s both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back