• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Yen Press announces Kingdom Hearts: The Complete Novel Collector's Edition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yen Press has announced that they will be releasing Kingdom Hearts: The Complete Novel Collector's Edition in November 2021 through their Yen On imprint.

Kingdom Hearts: The Complete Novel Collector's Edition will feature all 12 novels in one large omnibus book. It will also come with 13 prints and a Keyblade keychain based on the Kingdom Keyblade wielded by Sora. 

The novel series is written by Tomoco Kanemaki and illustrated by Shiro Amano and features tons of content not present in the games including character insight and thoughts, additional events, and background story for various characters in the series. 

Below is a full list of the novels that will be in this omnibus:

• Kingdom Hearts: The Novel
  • Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories: The Novel
  • Kingdom Hearts II: The Novel Volume 1
  • Kingdom Hearts II: The Novel Volume 2
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: The Novel
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep: The Novel
  • Kingdom Hearts coded: The Novel
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]: The Novel
  • Kingdom Hearts X: The Novel "Your Keyblade, Your Story"
  • Kingdom Hearts III: The Novel Volume 1
  • Kingdom Hearts III: The Novel Volume 2
  • Kingdom Hearts III: The Novel Volume 3

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, NEO: The World Ends With You and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Even though I have all the KH novels, I must have this one. Square is killing me with their giant books. First the Ultimania, and now this. Just looking at this monster book is making me drool. Hardcover too. I wonder if they'll do this for the KH Manga series?

Speaking of which that ReMinds me...I haven't done my review of the KH3 Novels on here yet.

Awards
I need to know how big the fonts are because I have a hard time reading small fonts. One of the reason why I don't read those small thick novels you find at traveling shops because the fonts were tiny. It makes my eyes tired. Considering how many books are being put into this one giant book, I have a feeling it might be pretty small.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
OMG! I have to get that! I only have KH1 and CoM's novels, and was planning on buying the rest individually... but I much prefer collections in one spot! And it's hardcover! It comes with the ReMIND novel, right?

SarahKH128

Awards
I’ve been wanting to get the novels for a while so this is perfect timing!! Can’t wait to preorder!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
OMG! I have to get that! I only have KH1 and CoM's novels, and was planning on buying the rest individually... but I much prefer collections in one spot! And it's hardcover! It comes with the ReMIND novel, right?
The "ReMind novel" is KH3 Vol 3.

That's beautiful. Any word on the price?
We will find out when they open preorders~

I need to know how big the fonts are because I have a hard time reading small fonts. One of the reason why I don't read those small thick novels you find at traveling shops because the fonts were tiny. It makes my eyes tired. Considering how many books are being put into this one giant book, I have a feeling it might be pretty small.
I feel that. In general I think books should utilize at least slightly larger than average font for people with visual impairments. Even when I was younger with my undiagnosed astigmatism, I always needed fonts to be a bit bigger so I could see them clearly.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Neato.
Could get this as a Christmas or birthday present.

*squints* Although in order to import this I'll need an ISBN yet I don't see one!?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That's beautiful. Any word on the price?
Yen Press shared this link in one of their replies:

$200 retail price, $150 with RightStuf's preorder discount 😬

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yen Press shared this link in one of their replies:

$200 retail price, $150 with RightStuf's preorder discount 😬
😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
3D is the only novel I've bought. I'm glad now, since I can get this eventually.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Don’t know if I’ll buy it, since I have the novels already (three of them were a digital purchase), but for anyone who wants to get all the novels in one purchare, it’s a handy thing to have😃👍

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I've purchased all of the stand-alone volumes, but I really wasn't expecting anything like this from Yen. I have barely read the first, but I'm probably going to go for it. This thing better have at least sewn binding for that price point, though. It's hard for me to tell if some of the Shiro's chapter illustrations were painted in greyscale (the artbook implies some are), but I'd love to see them all on glossy, colored pages otherwise.

The fluff products are whatever, but I wonder if the keychain is a previously released Square store product. I'll probably just attach it to a bookmark, idk.

Now I'm salivating, dreaming of a hardcover treatment for the manga~

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Oh, it's the entire novel series.

In that case, I'll probably pick it up. I only have the novels up through Days, so despite the hefty pricetag this will probably wind up saving me money.
And it looks nice, so that's cool.
I wonder just how big it'll be.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Now I'm salivating, dreaming of a hardcover treatment for the manga~
Sort of like Sailor Moon Eternal Editions? Although I don't think I like the KH manga that much to re-buy it all over again like with SM, that would be really nice for those who want it for sure.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Sort of like Sailor Moon Eternal Editions? Although I don't think I like the KH manga that much to re-buy it all over again like with SM, that would be really nice for those who want it for sure.
I love my Sailor Moon Eternal Editions, and they're beautiful to behold, with the French flaps, the shimmering covers, etc. But even I'm holding out hope it gets a nice, hardcover version some day. Same goes for the KH manga. As it is, it's some of my favorite KH material. I never hated Days to begin with, but the way Shiro adapts it, it's so touching. There's so much humor injected into the manga, also, that it's just always a feel-good experience. Sometimes, the games really lean in on the melodrama or think that Sora being dumb = funny, so I really enjoy his alternate-ish universe.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I love my Sailor Moon Eternal Editions, and they're beautiful to behold, with the French flaps, the shimmering covers, etc. But even I'm holding out hope it gets a nice, hardcover version some day. Same goes for the KH manga. As it is, it's some of my favorite KH material. I never hated Days to begin with, but the way Shiro adapts it, it's so touching. There's so much humor injected into the manga, also, that it's just always a feel-good experience. Sometimes, the games really lean in on the melodrama or think that Sora being dumb = funny, so I really enjoy his alternate-ish universe.
That’s always been one of my pet peeves about the KH games. I never found Sora to be particularly stupid in KH1, CoM, or even parts of KH2 but then they added in that gag with KH2 and it’s only gotten worse. I feel like the series equates being misinformed or behind on new information as “stupid” and instead of allowing Sora to learn this information, the games just go “oh well haha Sora’s simpleminded! He just doesn’t get it!”

The manga and novel series are refreshing because Sora is still humorous but he isn’t humorous because he’s stupid. He’s actually very emotionally intelligent and quick to catch onto things, even if he doesn’t fully understand things.

AegisXIII

Awards
That’s always been one of my pet peeves about the KH games. I never found Sora to be particularly stupid in KH1, CoM, or even parts of KH2 but then they added in that gag with KH2 and it’s only gotten worse. I feel like the series equates being misinformed or behind on new information as “stupid” and instead of allowing Sora to learn this information, the games just go “oh well haha Sora’s simpleminded! He just doesn’t get it!”

The manga and novel series are refreshing because Sora is still humorous but he isn’t humorous because he’s stupid. He’s actually very emotionally intelligent and quick to catch onto things, even if he doesn’t fully understand things.
I have been bothered by this as well. It started with 3D, right? I think it happened once they established they wanted to hint his heart was similar to the one of a child, making him the only one able to restore the lost hearts. But it could have been done in a more subtle way.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have been bothered by this as well. It started with 3D, right? I think it happened once they established they wanted to hint his heart was similar to the one of a child, making him the only one able to restore the lost hearts. But it could have been done in a more subtle way.
It started in KH2 to a degree but it was at its worst in 3D for sure.

The thing is that children are very intelligent and grasp concepts that sometimes even adults struggle with. I find it so weird that they were like Sora = child-like = dummy

It’s like somebody looked at Goku from DragonBall and decided they wanted to replicate that.

Back