• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

EDIT: DAYS GOT ALL OF THE AWARDS EXPECTED! BEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

@ Birnax: That might be taking it to far, lol. But I do agree with the terrible voice acting( Roxas's "Shut Up" had me cracking up), and the game did have a poor story. As I said, the only reason it won so many was a tidal wave of KHTards.

X-Face

Well, it definitely deserved the Best DS Graphics Award and maybe Best New Character Award (don't shoot me, I'm not a Xion-fan, but nor am I a hater, I just think she adds enough to the story to interest me, though to stay interesting, she should make other appearances and increase in importance, or else she indeed only was made to fill the Days-story).

Best Story, well, that's arguable. Though what's not arguable, is the Best Game of the Year.
Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of it, and KH is my favorite franchise of all, but Days in itself doesn't deserve overtaking New Super Mario Bros. Wii or even Spirit Tracks, and many others.

NumberVIII

Hey, I loved Days. Maybe it didn't deserve every one of those, but I definitely think it deserved some. And I'm a huge Zelda fan, moreso than I am a KH fan, but I actually much preferred Days to Spirit Tracks. :|

T

The Spoiler

Hey, I loved Days. Maybe it didn't deserve every one of those, but I definitely think it deserved some. And I'm a huge Zelda fan, moreso than I am a KH fan, but I actually much preferred Days to Spirit Tracks. :|
I second that. ST was another PH, but Days was original.

Birnax

@ Birnax: That might be taking it to far, lol. But I do agree with the terrible voice acting( Roxas's "Shut Up" had me cracking up), and the game did have a poor story. As I said, the only reason it won so many was a tidal wave of KHTards.
What I said is true,though.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i'm not so sure nintendo is implying best game of the year overall other games that came out. but i tihnk it means best DS game of the year

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
How could you even say that?
As I pointed out, the vast majority of the game is rehashed content.

Days was very much just another KH game.

I think people don't care about the actual content it has as long as it's KH that's winning. That's becoming rather clear. It didn't deserve almost any of it. It's so wrong I don't think I can take this seriously.

Actually, I don't.

T

The Spoiler

But if your opinion is that dinosaurs aren't real, then your opinion is shitty :\
Thats not really a good comparison... we are talking about if you think a game is good or not, not whether dinosaurs exists. Thats a belief.

Therahedwig

...There's a difference between facts and opinions.

Unfortunaty for you whether you liked Days or not, or if it had to win those awards is an opinion...

If I'd compare Days to The World Ends With You, a game made by mostly the same people, I have to say I prefer TWEWY.
Days had some interesting design principles(the repetitiveness was intentional, because the organisations daily live was boring, hell even the other members comment on it being boring) and it went great lengths to be able to get those graphics working. But TWEWY was far more intricately designed. Pretty much every gameplay element in that game was made so that it vibed with the story and the theme. My main complaint however is that it's too short.

So yeah, I think it deserved the awards it actually got, that it had fierce competition, and I think you shouldn't bash people for being fans of it.
(Looking at those scans though, I kinda had to laugh, Dragon Quest 5 didn't have an original score AT ALL. It was a remake, with remixed soundtrack for god's sake...)

Cherryjuice

(Looking at those scans though, I kinda had to laugh, Dragon Quest 5 didn't have an original score AT ALL. It was a remake, with remixed soundtrack for god's sake...)

You see? Actually thats the problem.
It's public vote, so the most popular games get voted, not the ones, which really ARE the best. Lots of people know Dragon Quest, so they voted it, cause they know it. Suikoden Tierkreis ended up last in the category and that although its music was awesome, atmospheric and just great. But nobody knows the game, so nobody votes it. Thats it.

I agree, Kingdom Hearts might be the most popular game. But that doesn't mean it's the best.
Thats why the award cannot be taken that seriously.

There is nothing wrong with liking Days. Yet I don't see a reason to overhype it, there is really no rational reason to do so.
Of course it's a matter of opinion, and thats why we spend time to discuss about it, right? =)
(about the bashing... well it's sad that there are people who just can't accept the opinions of others...)

But it had voice acting. Thats rare for a DS game.
A well, the number of games containing voice acting is increasing. Days voice acting wasn't that great. Some scenes were alright, but others were just meh.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Days was a good game. But it sucks compared to all other KH games.

Abysmal

Jesus Christ, here I came to the forum thinking everyone would be all pumped and happy for 358/2 Days winning EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY (which, yes, I do believe it deserved, when you compare it to its competitors), and I find that everyone is freaking out over all the awards. :/

One thing to take into consideration is that all the nominees for these awards are just games that Nintendo pooped out. That is to say, they're only games for the DS and Wii, which unfortunately have some of the worst games to date. 358/2 isn't going against huge games like Bioshock or Grand Theft Auto IV or anything--if it was, it would have lost terribly. Although 358/2 isn't like "OMG BEST GAME EVAR", I definitely believe it deserved to win against the other nominees. 358/2 is only being put against the pathetic pieces of crap that the magazine decided to pit against it.

The only games that stood a chance of beating KH for Game of the Year would be Mario and Zelda, but seriously, Spirit Tracks and the New Mario Bros (or whatever it's called) are doing the exact same thing as 358/2. They're games that expand on a well-established franchise, reusing content and music and gameplay, etc. People get butthurt because 358/2 is just like KH2, waah boohoo. But you can't deny that Spirit Tracks is a slight variation of Phantom Hourglass, and let's face it, the Mario game is just the old version but with prettier graphics. And you cry at night because IT'S TRUE. ;^; 358/2 Days just happened to do this better than Zelda and Mario, which is, of course, arguable, but you also have to take into consideration that Kingdom Hearts has an active and incredibly devoted fanbase. I know a lot of people like Mario and Zelda, but I wouldn't say they're anywhere near as numerous as the KH fandom. So in a sense, yes, it is a popularity contest, but don't bash 358/2 just because it's similar to the other KH games, when in actuality, most other games on that list are doing the EXACT SAME THING.
"OOH MAH GAAH, KH HAS SHIT-TASTIC VOICE ACTING AND IT SUX MAN."
Honestly, the only noises that would qualify as "voice acting" in Call of Duty, Silent Hill and Dead Space would be horrible screams of pain and other irrelevent tidbits of talking. Again, take in mind WHO exactly 358/2 is competing against. 358/2 managed to get most of the original voice actors back, and it sounded exceptional for DS qualities. Too many games that feature voice acting end up sounding fuzzy or muddled.

I'm a fan of 358/2 Days, I really am. But apparently that's a crime now because KH has too big of a fandom, which really can't be helped, and unfortunately it wins lots of awards. I'm man enough to admit it's not the greatest game out there, and maybe one of the primary reasons it won so much is because all the other nominees sucked a fat one, but I do think 358/2 deserved all this attention. Good DS games are hard to come by nowadays, and I'm glad KH got a spot in the limelight to show people that there is hope for decent handheld games.

Long post is long. </3 But I really think people need to stop bashing a perfectly good game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back