• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

did anybody else... hate Aqua?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I think the weird thing about Aqua is that the fact that she doesn't play any part in the villains' plans is what makes her so effective.
it depends. i would have liked her a little more if at least master xehanort had her eye on her a little more. I just wanted her to be more involved. it looked like she was on the sidelines, which again was made up in the end.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I think the weird thing about Aqua is that the fact that she doesn't play any part in the villains' plans is what makes her so effective.

Ven is trapped by Master Xehanort's plan to turn him into the χ-blade, and is never really able to subvert that.

Terra is trapped by Master Xehanort's plan to use the darkness inside of him to turn his body into a vessel for Xehanort's heart, and he's never really able to subvert that either.

Aqua's the only one who's able to throw Master Xehanort's calculations off, because she doesn't really figure into them. His only use for her is to stuff her in the fridge to draw Terra and Ven even closer to their fates... except that Aqua's not having any of that, survives all attempts on her life, and then proceeds to use her wildcard status to mess up everything he worked for.

...but, for that to work, it means she can't be given a consistently-antagonistic figure of her own, which makes her seem less relevant early on. =/

One could argue her role as the "spare."

Sempied

True. After all, Vanitas did say Aqua was a backup. Which leads me to believe that Vanitas thought if Ventus didn't prove strong enough, that Vanitas could simply extract Aqua's light and then fuse with her instead.
Should I feel horrible that I could imagine Van doing something "odd" with Aqua in that scenario?

Sempied

To be honest, I had the same thoughts 0_0
What if: Staring Inside Aqua's conscious, Vanitas, and Aqua.

"I'm gonna cross blades with yours, to forge a new key through the small hole of light, as I purge the darkness through to forge a new keyblade inside your body to come forth, and wield...Baby."

I could've done better, but knowing how much more "expressive" he is around Aqua compared to Ven, I kind of tried.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
What if: Staring Inside Aqua's conscious, Vanitas, and Aqua.

"I'm gonna cross blades with yours, to forge a new key through the small hole of light, as I purge the darkness through to forge a new keybade inside your body to come forth, and wield...Baby."

I could've done better, but knowing how much more "expressive" he is around Aqua compared to Ven, I kind of tried.

Oh great, now there's gonna be a bunch of deviantart fanart on that... as if Deviant-art wasn't disturbing enough 0_0

Allister Rose

French Lover
One could argue her role as the "spare."

that role just doens't sond appealing. her characters great but now i question how great her role really was. it just seems like she didn't have another goal other than to bring ven and terra back.

Sempied

that role just doens't sond appealing. her characters great but now i question how great her role really was. it just seems like she didn't have another goal other than to bring ven and terra back.
More so "The Mediator" she brought close to what Ven, and Terra left behind at other worlds.

"Their keeper" is more of a way to put it.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

She basically stopped Terranort from dooming everyone else at the moment. Even to the point of wrecking his memory. So, in a way, she halted MX's plans.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards

—In Last Episode you use Aqua, but since I had been paying so much attention to Terra and Ven I hadn’t thought she would end up being such an important character.
NOMURA: Then it’s all according to plan (laughs). You could even say she is the true main character.

Oh hohoho

Allister Rose

French Lover
She basically stopped Terranort from dooming everyone else at the moment. Even to the point of wrecking his memory. So, in a way, she halted MX's plans.

you're missing the point. she just had nothing "personal" with vantias or master xehanort.

i know she makes the story rather than being optional, but still, did she ever have a conversation with MX?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
you're missing the point. she just had nothing "personal" with vantias or master xehanort.

i know she makes the story rather than being optional, but still, did she ever have a conversation with MX?

I don't see why it matters to be honest.

Oh hohoho

I can imagine that Nomura's "laugh" sounded very evil.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
No. I did not hate a fictional video game character.

SogeUsopp114

Awards
sitting with you know who in the realm of darkness

she kinda does have something personal with those two. keep vanitas away from ven and keep terra from falling into master xehanort's hands.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I don't see why it matters to be honest.
that question was rather pointless. it's not a whether it matters, it just my take on aqua's role. don't care? don't respond.

she kinda does have something personal with those two. keep vanitas away from ven and keep terra from falling into master xehanort's hands.
true, but really, that was something all 3 of them had. aqua may have battled both of MX and vanitas, but it seems like it's not for another reason unlike ven and terra.

i suppose that's why she's merited as the true main character by nomura

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
@Allister: Well, there was a bit of a rivalry between Aqua and Vanitas during the second half of Aqua's Scenario. Personally, I considered him her main antagonist almost as much as he was to Ven. xD But that's just me. =P

@lil'Von: Oh goody! ^_^ Glad that I was able to help you see Aqua in a new light!

Allister Rose

French Lover
i could see that too but only because that was her final boss, but then alst episode it was master xehanort. still, it's like as if terra was considering all the stuff she heard about him.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i could see that too but only because that was her final boss, but then alst episode it was master xehanort. still, it's like as if terra was considering all the stuff she heard about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back