• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Secret Bosses in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I always thought that the two carnotaurs from Dinosaur would be great for a secret boss. You would have to fight the two of them at the same time. I also want either Magus from Chrono Trigger or Lynx from Chrono Cross. I think the Chrono games deserve a presence in Kingdom Hearts.

unbound_word

I really wouldn't expect much secret bosses in KH3, but maybe a new Cavern of Remembrance might sound good. Heartless and Unversed invade the Depths, the Mining Area, the Mineshaft, and the Engine Chamber. Lesser Nobodies and Rare Nightmares are led by Lord Kyroo Nightmare in the Transport to Remembrance. Then, the Garden of Assemblage has replicas of the Real Organization XIII. The 13 data doors would be guarded by 13 Lord Kyroos, one guarding each of the 13. Approach one to ask for access to a certain data battle upon accessing the computer from KH2 Final Mix.

BEASTENDER

How about Lavos/The Time Devourer from Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross?

I mentioned this in my original post. I've dreamed of fighting Lavos in Kingdom Hearts for some time now. I labeled it a pipedream before, but now that TWEWY made it in (AKA Square Title) I have a tiny fragment of hope. The only difference is, Nomura had some influence in TWEWY. I don't think he played any role in Chrono Trigger's development.

I like the idea of fighting a fully realized Sora too.

I think previous suggestions like Sho Minamimoto will make it in the game anyway as a story boss of some sort. I definitely think we'll actually have Neku as a partner this go round, and that he'll use the stylized effects from his respective game in battle.

blksabbath74

I always thought that the two carnotaurs from Dinosaur would be great for a secret boss. You would have to fight the two of them at the same time. I also want either Magus from Chrono Trigger or Lynx from Chrono Cross. I think the Chrono games deserve a presence in Kingdom Hearts.

Couldn't agree more, and I think Frog would make a great ally.

damn

I don't think he played any role in Chrono Trigger's development.
He did work on Chrono Trigger...he was one of the graphic artists
Putting in TWEWY which is a Niche game at best and not putting a Classic like Chrono Trigger in Kingdom Hearts is why Square sucks nowadays

I would like to fight Magus in KH3
After you beat him he gives you a couple of cool spells or he gives you Schala's Amulet which grants Status Immunity(like in the Original Game)
And then(or before you fight Magus) maybe Frog gives you a Masamune Keyblade kind of thing...so you can use that against any boss in the game to reduce their Magic Defense

BEASTENDER

He did work on Chrono Trigger...he was one of the graphic artists
Putting in TWEWY which is a Niche game at best and not putting a Classic like Chrono Trigger in Kingdom Hearts is why Square sucks nowadays

I would like to fight Magus in KH3
After you beat him he gives you a couple of cool spells or he gives you Schala's Amulet which grants Status Immunity(like in the Original Game)
And then(or before you fight Magus) maybe Frog gives you a Masamune Keyblade kind of thing...so you can use that against any boss in the game to reduce their Magic Defense

Really now, thanks for that. I assumed he didn't because the art style looks like that of Dragon Quest/ Dragon Ball Z lol I still don't think it'll happen this time, but Chrono Trigger being implemented in any fashion would seriously be a dream made real.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I don't see why that makes SE suck. From what I gathered, I thought the introduction of the TWEWY cast members into the series had been met with positive reception by fans?

Lea/Axel

I'd like to see a massive battle pitting you against every Cid all at once, maybe Caius pulls them in through chaos or something, whatever. But every Cid from the FF universe.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I like the idea of the Foretellers as superbosses. After all, superbosses don't have to be canonical in nature, which means they could fit in just as snugly and nicely into the game as any others. Besides, they were faction leaders and as such must have possessed extraordinary abilities.

I'm absolutely in love with that idea @_@ I know it would be non-canon (which is great cause they're fairytales techincally in Chi) but I really would love to verse them given there are more than 1 and they would be amazing if they each had a different style (which they should).

It hasn't been said before, but I personally would really love it if we could fight Sora himself in his strongest.

Reminds me of facing Red in future Pokemon games lol I wouldn't mind it, but I never really was a fan of mirror battles :p

BEASTENDER

I knew quite a bit about Disney and it's characters/history before I really got into Kingdom Hearts about 8 years ago, but even still, Julius was a complete mystery to me. I didn't quite like him as a secret boss, but I do like that they can be Disney characters.

What kind of Disney characters would you guys like to see in future KH titles in the form of a secret or optional boss?

damn

Really now, thanks for that. I assumed he didn't because the art style looks like that of Dragon Quest/ Dragon Ball Z lol I still don't think it'll happen this time, but Chrono Trigger being implemented in any fashion would seriously be a dream made real.
Oh no don't get things mixed up...Akira Toriyama(the creator of DB/DBZ and the one who does DQ Artwork) was the Character Designer of Chrono Trigger

Nomura worked as a Field Graphic Designer
He probably drew some of the maps art-style or something like that
It's listen on the credits when you beat the game and here's in Wikipedia Tetsuya Nomura - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He's credited for being of the graphic designers of the game...that doesn't neccesarily mean he drew the characters...he was just one of the Graphic Designers of the Game
But regardless he still did work on Chrono Trigger in some form...he's been at the company since the early 90s

Oh no Akira Toriyama definitely was the character designer for CT

But Nomura worked as one of the graphic designers...check it on wikipedia(and it credits him in the game after you finished it too as "Field Graphic-Tetsuya Nomura)
He's been with Square since the early 90s

I don't see why that makes SE suck. From what I gathered, I thought the introduction of the TWEWY cast members into the series had been met with positive reception by fans?
It's basically Nomura just shoe-horning some of his other work in Kingdom Hearts

Ask most people who play Kingdom Hearts...which they would want more...a game like Chrono Trigger/Chross to have some cameos in KH or TWEWY? I bet most of them will pick the former
No-one really hated the TWEWY cameos/roles but they were at most indifferent to them

And it's actually one of the many reasons not "The Reason" why Square sucks now
There's a huge lot of bad decisions they've made...like ruining the FF Series for starters

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Whoo, let's slow down. damn, please do not triple post. We have a multi-quote button available for your perusal.

It's basically Nomura just shoe-horning some of his other work in Kingdom Hearts

Ask most people who play Kingdom Hearts...which they would want more...a game like Chrono Trigger/Chross to have some cameos in KH or TWEWY? I bet most of them will pick the former
No-one really hated the TWEWY cameos/roles but they were at most indifferent to them

And it's actually one of the many reasons not "The Reason" why Square sucks now
There's a huge lot of bad decisions they've made...like ruining the FF Series for starters

Before they went with TWEWY characters, they were going to go with Leon & Cloud and as interesting as that could have been, I think it would have worked against the idea that KH3D was a game full of "new" concepts. Nomura, in the past, was too afraid to meddle with characters he didn't design because he worried about staying true to them. Pretty sure that excuse can't be used after Dissidia.

I would not say they were indifferent. For years people had been saying they wanted TWEWY characters in the series considering how similar their designs were (which was obviously met with a lot of "that's highly unlikely to happen"). Once TWEWY was in KH3D, there were quite the number of people who were unfamiliar with TWEWY that became interested in the game, and an overall revival of the TWEWY community. That's not indifference.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Reminds me of facing Red in future Pokemon games lol I wouldn't mind it, but I never really was a fan of mirror battles :p

Ugh. I remember, Red was hard in the original Gold/Silver/Crystal and even harder in Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

And yeah, I'm not too big on mirror matches myself. They are either outright pathetic (i.e.: Sonic Adventure 2) or downright BRUTAL (Dante vs. Vergil in Devil May Cry 3, Nero vs. Dante in Devil May Cry 4).

The Mod Spockanort said:
Before they went with TWEWY characters, they were going to go with Leon & Cloud and as interesting as that could have been, I think it would have worked against the idea that KH3D was a game full of "new" concepts. Nomura, in the past, was too afraid to meddle with characters he didn't design because he worried about staying true to them. Pretty sure that excuse can't be used after Dissidia.

That game alone is the reason why I firmly believe that they need to have Final Fantasy characters from all across the series.

Narxus

Actually, as an add-on to what I said earlier, how cool would it be for Sephiroth to return one last time, only this time you actually fight him as Safer-Sephiroth

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Actually, as an add-on to what I said earlier, how cool would it be for Sephiroth to return one last time, only this time you actually fight him as Safer-Sephiroth

Sephiroth is most likely going to come back (its tradition), but that could definitely be an interesting take on the battle. An HD rendering of Safer Sephiroth would look gorgeous at the very least.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I would really love to see Kefka as a secret boss.

Only if there was a big speech right before the battle ending with Kefka yelling that everyone sounded like pages out of a self-help book.

As a Secret Boss, how about Captain Nemo in his submarine The Nautilus as a secret boss in Atlantica?

Seems interesting if they can pull it off properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back