• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

358/2 Days Crazy Connection to BBS that i noticed like 4 monthes ago but never posted it

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I didn't really play Days and started watching a playthrough on youtube, but in that cutscene I think Riku takes Xion's keyblade in his own hand, examines it and then throws it away saying it's a sham.
The question is then: Is Riku that familiar with keyblades that he can differentiate between a copy and a real one?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
But this provides an answer.
Basically, up until Roxas inadverdently performs the rite on Xion, her keyblade was fake. And it wasn't actually sending hearts to Kingdom Hearts, just doing what any other normal weapon would do. In other words, it only looked like a keyblade (similar to how Zexion had a keyblade when posing as Sora, it was based on the projection of memories). But after that, with her own, real keyblade, she was truly releasing hearts.

It's a nice theory that Roxas performed the rite on Xion, but that would mean that up to when he did, she'd have been useless as a Heart collector. Alas, that only seemed to be the case when Roxas woke up and Xion lost her powers, otherwise she'd have noticed no Heartless she slays stays down before then.
To top it all, Xion already was a Wielder to some extent because she was able to use Roxas's own Keyblade against the Darkside. So, can't say I dig your theory too much.

I didn't really play Days and started watching a playthrough on youtube, but in that cutscene I think Riku takes Xion's keyblade in his own hand, examines it and then throws it away saying it's a sham.
The question is then: Is Riku that familiar with keyblades that he can differentiate between a copy and a real one?

I personally like to think it's because it was that specific Keyblade that was originally his own that let him know, along with his experience with Replicas before from when he met his own clone.
That aside, BBS does like to flaunt in our faces that Wielders have certain senses and Riku had his Darkness to boot, making for a plethora of explanations to how he could've known.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
About Leon and Jack touching the keyblade, therefore they should qualify for it. I am just going to throw out an assumption. Either support it or not, but I just like to share.

If the Keyblade could be living, that it always with its wielder and that it can abandon its wielder [in Riku's case], then the Keyblade could also sense their potential, their future. Maybe Leon and Jack's future is not with the Keyblade. Maybe they could have a strong heart or they could have some admirable qualities, but it may just not be enough. So the argument that 'everyone can touch their keyblade can become wielders themselves' is just weak to say the least.

I always assume that the Keyblade is picky with what owners could qualify.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I always assume that the Keyblade is picky with what owners could qualify.

That's true whether or not it's picky about possible Wielders though. I doubt the KK abandoned Riku simply because it "sensed" Sora's "potential" - but because it had two Wielders and one had the stronger Heart than the other (and by the time Riku became worthy of it again, it both settled in with Sora and Riku got a Keyblade of his own).
I'm not saying what you said isn't possible, but that kind of removes the need for there to be two conditions one must meet.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
That's true whether or not it's picky about possible Wielders though. I doubt the KK abandoned Riku simply because it "sensed" Sora's "potential" - but because it had two Wielders and one had the stronger Heart than the other (and by the time Riku became worthy of it again, it both settled in with Sora and Riku got a Keyblade of his own).

Well, it kinda did since the Wielder has experienced two potential wielders. Sure, the KK was intended for Riku as Terra wanted to, but the fact that Riku didn't understand the power of the Heart [or lost sight of it] and that Sora did shown that at the time, Sora has the much bigger potential.

I'm not saying what you said isn't possible, but that kind of removes the need for there to be two conditions one must meet

I guess even if you show the two conditions, sometime it just isn't enough.

Awards
It's a nice theory that Roxas performed the rite on Xion, but that would mean that up to when he did, she'd have been useless as a Heart collector. Alas, that only seemed to be the case when Roxas woke up and Xion lost her powers, otherwise she'd have noticed no Heartless she slays stays down before then.

And how would she notice?
The hearts don't turn back into Heartless right before their eyes, they float off and turn back into Heartless "eventually."

To top it all, Xion already was a Wielder to some extent because she was able to use Roxas's own Keyblade against the Darkside. So, can't say I dig your theory too much.

Xion is not using Roxas' keyblade there, she's using her own for the first time.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
And how would she notice?
The hearts don't turn back into Heartless right before their eyes, they float off and turn back into Heartless "eventually."

She noticed well enough when her Keyblade did go byebye.

Xion is not using Roxas' keyblade there, she's using her own for the first time.

Roxas's Keyblade got knocked away from him and then teleported to Xion's hands o:

Awards
She noticed well enough when her Keyblade did go byebye.

What?

Roxas's Keyblade got knocked away from him and then teleported to Xion's hands o:

And you're completely assuming that what appeared in Xion's hands was Roxas' keyblade.
Xion's keyblade had to come from somewhere, and it's no accident that after that she is able to continually summon her own keyblade.

Also, if it was Roxas' keyblade:

Roxas: What about my Keyblade? Can you control mine?

(He gives it to her. She makes a slash in the air)

Xion: I guess...I can.

Then they would have known from the get-go that she could use it.

Last edited:

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

When Roxas woke up from his coma and Xion went missing. She complained to Roxas and Axel that the Heartless she defeats keep coming back.

And you're completely assuming that what appeared in Xion's hands was Roxas' keyblade.

Hm. On a rewatch, Roxas's Keyblade did disappear right before the one Xion used appeared, but Xion didn't give Roxas back the Keyblade.
However, my earlier statement holds. Xion's Keyblade held water for the several weeks Roxas was passed out cold, as opposed to her noticing something was wrong when he woke up. It's just like Nomura said - Xion was absorbing Roxas's powers which in part caused him to faint, and then when he woke up he absorbed the power back, taking away her ability to use her Keyblade. They reached balance on Day 96 when she managed to Wield again.
I'd sooner say that holding Roxas's Keyblade let her absorb his powers better than him making her a Wielder.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
They reached balance on Day 96 when she managed to Wield again.
I'd sooner say that holding Roxas's Keyblade let her absorb his powers better than him making her a Wielder.

Who's to say they didn't reach a balance because he made her a wielder?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Who's to say they didn't reach a balance because he made her a wielder?

Everything I rambled on about prior to this about how she went about things exactly the same way BEFORE Roxas woke up. Also, while I do understand Riku's complications, I find it difficult to believe he'd have called her Keyblade a fake had she managed to get a real one.
To top it all, I kind of seriously doubt that the Organization would've let them stall for three-four months if Xion was only to become useful once Roxas gave her his Keyblade. Chances are they'd have manipulated them into that position before, seeing how nothing out of the ordinary took place about that time-frame to cause Roxas to yes become a Master if he wasn't before.

Awards
To top it all, I kind of seriously doubt that the Organization would've let them stall for three-four months if Xion was only to become useful once Roxas gave her his Keyblade. Chances are they'd have manipulated them into that position before, seeing how nothing out of the ordinary took place about that time-frame to cause Roxas to yes become a Master if he wasn't before.

As it was, they had no idea Xion wasn't collecting hearts for an extended period of time (I believe upwards of a month). If they let that slip under their radar, something tells me they're not keeping the closest tabs on her heart count.

KeyofDarkness

Wow...my post turned into an argument about Jack Sparrow weilding the keyblade lol.

Okay, so the reason Roxas can be considered a master is because of the power fluctuations between him and Xion. At the point where Xion has lost her fake keyblade is when she is at a low and roxas is at a high. Xion doenst have enough power for her copying of the keyblade. Roxas is nearing 2x his normal power and Xion is nearing 0x. Since Roxas has double the power than usual, couldnt that make him a keyblade master in power? And for those of you who are going to start disproving the power fluctuations, there were so many times in the game when one of them fell into a coma, and at the end of the game, last mission 1 hit kill neoshadows.

Oh and if there wasn't an underlying meaning to the cutscene of the keyblade being handed to xion, why would square put that deliberate zoom? Sqeenix doesnt zoom for just anything, ESPECIALLY in this game considering how much space the cutscenes take up on the cartride. They needed as much space as possible on this cartrigde and they still put this zoom in.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wow...my post turned into an argument about Jack Sparrow weilding the keyblade lol.

Okay, so the reason Roxas can be considered a master is because of the power fluctuations between him and Xion. At the point where Xion has lost her fake keyblade is when she is at a low and roxas is at a high. Xion doenst have enough power for her copying of the keyblade. Roxas is nearing 2x his normal power and Xion is nearing 0x. Since Roxas has double the power than usual, couldnt that make him a keyblade master in power? And for those of you who are going to start disproving the power fluctuations, there were so many times in the game when one of them fell into a coma, and at the end of the game, last mission 1 hit kill neoshadows.

Strength alone doesn't make you a Master, that much should be obvious. Terra was a shitload stronger than Roxas and he didn't become a Master despite actually taking through the exam, which upon passing, grants you the title and all those other little things that come with it. And I'm more inclined to believe the only reason you could 1HKO Neoshadows during the last mission was just to be able to reenact Deep Dive, since Dual Wield Roxas in Mission Mode is significantly weaker.

Oh and if there wasn't an underlying meaning to the cutscene of the keyblade being handed to xion, why would square put that deliberate zoom? Sqeenix doesnt zoom for just anything, ESPECIALLY in this game considering how much space the cutscenes take up on the cartride. They needed as much space as possible on this cartrigde and they still put this zoom in.

You're using camera angles as proof...? o.o

Multifridgeman

I believe it does have a connection with Xion getting her ability to use the keyblade, but it would have very little connection with BBS at all, except that CO was in it. Roxas had a part of Sora's heart and Xion was made from Sora's memories. Up til then, Xion's keyblade was just memories of the keyblade, not the real thing. She was born in CO, so the memories of her would be fading away as Sora was in the pod, making her lose her keyblade. However, when she took Roxas' keyblade, Sora's heart and memories collided, making her keyblade real. Cutting this short, because some of the memories from Sora's heart were different from the memories that Xion had. This made her question her existance. In the end (without spoilers), the main part of what I'm saying is in one line.
"Who... are you again?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back