• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

After 13 years I finally understand one important thing about KH1! Spoilers!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
So I was playing Kingdom Hearts FM the other day and in many instances Sora sees hallucinations(I think this is the proper term) about Kairi. When I was young and played KH1 the first time and seeing Kairi in weird places, little me just thought something along the lines: "I don`t understand.. eh, it must those game things." To this day I do not understand what I meant with those game things. Maybe what I really thought was that Sora misses Kairi so much, that he sees her all over the place. Eeh.. moving along... What I want to say is that now I finally get it why Sora sees Kairi in places, where she physically could not be at the moment. It is because her heart is inside Sora, right? It is affecting him and making him see Kairi, even to a point where Sora could access her memories(the part where Sora "sees" Kairis memory of Hollow Bastion).

I cannot belive it took me 13 years to finally figure it out. Sheesh... But man it felt cool when I finally understood it! :)

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Yeeeeeah, that one seems to have blown past more than a few people. I don't think Square did quite as good a foreshadowing job as they had hoped on that one.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Yeeeeeah, that one seems to have blown past more than a few people. I don't think Square did quite as good a foreshadowing job as they had hoped on that one.

Heh yeah. I certainly did not get it when I played it the first time. But it is really cool when you finally understand the connection between those events. I guess they hoped that everything clicked together in the players head when Ansem SoD reveals this info. I was too busy dying in the Possessed Riku fight to even think about that stuff. It sure was a cool reveal, but I was not able to connect it with the past hallucinations. Even as I watched that cuts-scene many times to a point where I memorized Riku/Ansem whole dialogue, I still did not get it.

Last edited:

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I really thought it was just because Sora was in love with Kairi that he saw her everywhere
but this explanation makes me facepalm as this is the real reason
facepalmplz.jpg

that, for KH1. Buuuuut what about the similar situations in KH2? THAT MUST BE LUV.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I really thought it was just because Sora was in love with Kairi that he saw her everywhere
but this explanation makes me facepalm as this is the real reason
facepalmplz.jpg

that, for KH1. Buuuuut what about the similar situations in KH2? THAT MUST BE LUV.

Haha, yeah. :D In KH2 it is definitely the power of LUV:
1555f92.jpg

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Well, they did foreshadow it a bit--like when Sora is reacting to seeing Hollow Bastion castle on that slide in the Deep Jungle; they also have Kairi literally call to Sora twice in the game--but they maybe could've done it better, most definitely.

Personally, I was able to ferret this out (though not in my first playthrough, as you don't know enough to deduce it all during your first run through, most likely), during some subsequent playthroughs.

I guess they could've used some effects, like they did when Sora sees her memory to make it somehow better? But then it might have been too obvious. Hmm...

I feel like they were just going for an anime whim here, that since there weren't pink sparkles in these scenes (or anything like that), then it clearly wasn't a fantasy Sora was having, but instead something that was really happening, but no one was able to get that. LOL. Not even me my first time!

And I guess... I guess there is the time that Kairi says the new line: "There's something about this musy place: it reminds me of the Secret Place back home, where we used to scribble on the walls. Remember?" that was maybe supposed to be a hint (as it IS something we haven't heard from her before, and Kairi's making an observation about Merlin's place that she'd never been to before--something that couldn't have been a memory of Sora's about her at all), but even then you could've just thought Sora was crazy. LOL.

Yeah... this really could've been done better, maybe.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It was because Kairi was in his heart, yes. They didn't really explain it well. The part in Hollow Bastion when SoD tells Sora that he has Kairi's heart inside of him was suppose to make the whole thing click to the audience, but as many things in this series are, many people just miss the meaning.

bleh sokai thread why did I come in haha

Speaking of that, could Sora be seeing a Ven here and there in KH3?

He could potentially begin to start seeing flashes of Roxas, Ven, and Xion from time to time since he began to address their pain in KH3D.

Especially when he finds Aqua's keyblade?

You mean from the first teaser of KH3? That shouldn't really be taken as proof of anything. It's conceptual though it may serve as the basis of a similar scene happening in KH3 like most other conceptual scenes we've seen (i.e. all of the CG secret endings except "Birth by Sleep", bits in KH3D trailer, KH1 Beta Trailer, KH2 trailer, BBS trailer, etc.)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
bleh sokai thread why did I come in haha

Ah apologies. It was not my intention to turn this into any sort of shipping thread(I don`t actually care about romance that much to be honest). DarkGrey Heroine`s post was so hilarious that I had to answer it(not that I am saying it is her fault or anything.)

One thing to add here, would Sora have been able to see any of those hallucinations, if Kairi´s wasn`t active? I got the the impression that in some way it was still functional inside Sora.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Spock; No, not THAT one, I recognize that was a "Okay, Sora has to save aqua!"

I'm thinking he's proly going to find the Chamber of Repose, stumble on Aqua's old keyblade (Rainfell, if I remember right?) and bam, Ven and a clue to getting Aqua free.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ah apologies. It was not my intention to turn this into any sort of shipping thread(I don`t actually care about romance that much to be honest). DarkGrey Heroine`s post was so hilarious that I had to answer it(not that I am saying it is her fault or anything.)

I was just joking xD

(yay, another person!)

One thing to add here, would Sora have been able to see any of those hallucinations, if Kairi´s wasn`t active? I got the the impression that in some way it was still functional inside Sora.

Yes, if her heart had been asleep, then he probably wouldn't have seen those memories and flashes of her. It would have been like Ven. He's been sleeping in Sora's heart for years and never did he ever get any visions of him or memories related to him, nor did Roxas. It wasn't really until KH3D that Ven's heart begins to stir and has similar vision-y things like with what happened with Kairi (i.e. seeing Vanitas in La Cité des Cloches, Terra & Aqua and Sora seeing himself as Ven in the double whammy darkness dream trap)

Spock; No, not THAT one, I recognize that was a "Okay, Sora has to save aqua!"

I'm thinking he's proly going to find the Chamber of Repose, stumble on Aqua's old keyblade (Rainfell, if I remember right?) and bam, Ven and a clue to getting Aqua free.

Ohhhh OHHHHHH Okay I get you. Oh man, if Ven doesn't come out full force then I'm gonna cry.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I was just joking xD

(yay, another person!)

Ah okay. :D Yeah, romance has never been my thing.

es, if her heart had been asleep, then he probably wouldn't have seen those memories and flashes of her. It would have been like Ven. He's been sleeping in Sora's heart for years and never did he ever get any visions of him or memories related to him, nor did Roxas. It wasn't really until KH3D that Ven's heart begins to stir and has similar vision-y things like with what happened with Kairi (i.e. seeing Vanitas in La Cité des Cloches, Terra & Aqua and Sora seeing himself as Ven in the double whammy darkness dream trap)

So had Roxas fainting in Castle Oblivion something do with Ven`s heart? At least I could see that as one the reasons. All thou I think it is more relating to Roxas`s state as being a Nobody, and entering an area where both of his "real" selves existed. It had to make things unstable someway. Like when Namine holds Kairi`s hand in KH2 and her form starts to get unstable.

I did not first understand how Ven could have any affect on Sora even if he held the Rainfell, but then I remembered the end KH3D. If a bunch of Dream Eater made Ven smile, then Aqua`s Keyblade will probably have even stronger effect.
Hmm. I do not understand how I got myself talking about KHIII in a KH1 thread so fast.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So had Roxas fainting in Castle Oblivion something do with Ven`s heart? At least I could see that as one the reasons. All thou I think it is more relating to Roxas`s state as being a Nobody, and entering an area where both of his "real" selves existed. It had to make things unstable someway. Like when Namine holds Kairi`s hand in KH2 and her form starts to get unstable.

It was a mix of Sora being in Castle Oblivion, Ven's body being hidden within CO, and Roxas was resonating with the both of them because of having Sora's body and Ven's heart.

I did not first understand how Ven could have any affect on Sora even if he held the Rainfell, but then I remembered the end KH3D. If a bunch of Dream Eater made Ven smile, then Aqua`s Keyblade will probably have even stronger effect.
Hmm. I do not understand how I got myself talking about KHIII in a KH1 thread so fast.

Well, it's like how a musty cave smell resonated with Kairi in Sora's heart. xD

KH3 follows us wherever we go.

Sakide

What I want to say is that now I finally get it why Sora sees Kairi in places, where she physically could not be at the moment. It is because her heart is inside Sora, right? It is affecting him and making him see Kairi, even to a point where Sora could access her memories(the part where Sora "sees" Kairis memory of Hollow Bastion).

I kinda could've told you that. And I didn't even play any of the Kingdom Hearts games. :wink:

TheKeybasHGirl

Website
marielkeybash96.deviantart.com
So I was playing Kingdom Hearts FM the other day and in many instances Sora sees hallucinations(I think this is the proper term) about Kairi. When I was young and played KH1 the first time and seeing Kairi in weird places, little me just thought something along the lines: "I don`t understand.. eh, it must those game things." To this day I do not understand what I meant with those game things. Maybe what I really thought was that Sora misses Kairi so much, that he sees her all over the place. Eeh.. moving along... What I want to say is that now I finally get it why Sora sees Kairi in places, where she physically could not be at the moment. It is because her heart is inside Sora, right? It is affecting him and making him see Kairi, even to a point where Sora could access her memories(the part where Sora "sees" Kairis memory of Hollow Bastion).

I cannot belive it took me 13 years to finally figure it out. Sheesh... But man it felt cool when I finally understood it! :)

Mind Blowned. No really i didren't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back