• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Aliens building the great pyramid

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
[video=youtube;m4JWlvNLaR0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4JWlvNLaR0[/video]
[video=youtube;5dYtqaMwpAY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dYtqaMwpAY[/video]
[video=youtube;QZcIRe71INo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZcIRe71INo[/video]

Obviously this wont have covered all the relevant ideas but it is a good start, at least.

So I watched these videos and I was pretty convinced that accepted historical ideas about creators of the great pyramid (if not other structures too) are wrong. I am not really going into the alien part too far. Just as far to say that the technology that created these is not on earth anymore (unless it is...), suggesting some form of intervention.

Before I watched these videos and did more research, I was pretty apathetic to this theory because I was told that alien theorist make stuff up about things they cant understand, when there are more logical alternatives that they choose to ignore.
While there are MANY that do this, within the community, there are a few gems like this.

Even when I heard much of the evidence about the pyramids (e.g some calculation of its dimensions makes pi to the 4th dp, it points true north or something like those), I thought that it wasnt really proof of anything and it could be a luck that it did that. Im sure many people have fluked things like that in the past. However, when I saw the other evidence (watch videos), I thought that luck wasnt really possible to explain it anymore.
Like: If the Egyptians built the great pyramid in question, then built the other pyramids later on, like we are taught to believe (apparently. I havnt studied this in school), why did the Egyptians get worse at building them? The quality of the far smaller pyramids are shocking compared to the original, one of them was even built too steep and it had to be corrected half way through. Most people improve as time goes on.

Anyway, just watch and comment on what you think.
I am hoping for someone to play the opposition here because I have never heard any rebuttles to these points yet.

The videos aren't even that great for anything beyond entertainment value, and that's me being generous. It seems to me that in especially the interviews, they picked out quotes they could use to their advantage and used them out of context.

As for aliens having built the pyramids, I doubt they did. I do believe in extraterrestrial life (IMHO, I think it's just downright arrogant and ignorant to think that we are the only beings out of a huge universe of a billion+ galaxies), but I don't think aliens built the pyramids. The ancient Egyptians were very advanced for their time.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
The videos aren't even that great for anything beyond entertainment value, and that's me being generous. It seems to me that in especially the interviews, they picked out quotes they could use to their advantage and used them out of context.

As for aliens having built the pyramids, I doubt they did. I do believe in extraterrestrial life (IMHO, I think it's just downright arrogant and ignorant to think that we are the only beings out of a huge universe of a billion+ galaxies), but I don't think aliens built the pyramids. The ancient Egyptians were very advanced for their time.

So you agree with ∞.

Are any of you familiar with the ancient astronaught theory?
A similar to a scientific theory, i believe it is called Panspermia (Life was brought to earth from external source)
The only difference is that the sci theory says things like meteors were the vessel, as opposed to another life form itself.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
A similar to a scientific theory, i believe it is called Panspermia (Life was brought to earth from external source)
The only difference is that the sci theory says things like meteors were the vessel, as opposed to another life form itself.

Panspermia was a mere diversion to the question of the origins of life. Scientists were and still are uncertain how life on Earth originated, and those who opposed the work of Urey and Miller decided to dodge the question entirely by saying life on Earth was carried over by a comet. Even then, the theoretical comet carried no intelligent life forms; only unicellular organisms that could survive the harsh conditions of space. ...and this is relevant to pyramid building aliens, how?

Though I believe in extraterrestrial life, that they are sufficiently intelligent and capable enough of reaching Earth seems farfetched to me; let alone the idea that they would construct entire buildings from stone without incentive.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
By our calculations, and even if we are right with them, our existance was a horrifically small chance too, yet happened.

That was the whole point of my post. Yes it is very lucky that life has evolved this far on Earth. So the chances of another civilization that would be arguably 1 or possibly 2 steps (according to that article) even further lowers the chances if you're saying they could've reached us from anywhere in the universe.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
So you agree with ∞.

Are any of you familiar with the ancient astronaught theory?

I do agree with them, yes.

No, I'm not familiar with the ancient astronaut theory, but as far as I'm concerned, Panspermia is just another scientific theory as to the beginning of earth's lifeforms based on the fact that they've found prokaryotes in meteorites, if I remember correctly. I honestly don't believe we'll ever find out the truth in terms of how life originated here. I doubt that even the ancient astronaut theory is true.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
That was the whole point of my post. Yes it is very lucky that life has evolved this far on Earth. So the chances of another civilization that would be arguably 1 or possibly 2 steps (according to that article) even further lowers the chances if you're saying they could've reached us from anywhere in the universe.

What if one civilisation existed (which is less farfetched than 2), but then influenced the second to exist (like some ancient astronaught theories believe). That would mean the situation would have now came out of a horrifically low chance because only 1 intelligent life form had to go through the probability system, not 2. Im not saying that is what I believe but that could be a likely alternative to 2 life forms going through the probability system.

∞;5297086 said:
You can't change the fact that as scientific documentation or explanation, those videos are paper-thin.
This wasnt one of those threads where the OP posts a scientific paper and we all discuss the meaning of their discoveries on what impact it will have on us. I just wanted to see what people thought about these videos and the topic itself.

If they are wrong, tell me where they are wrong.
If they are right, tell me where they are right.
If they are not in context, discuss a better context
If they are not full truths, enlighten us to what that full truth is.
That sort of thing...

I do agree with them, yes.

No, I'm not familiar with the ancient astronaut theory, but as far as I'm concerned, Panspermia is just another scientific theory as to the beginning of earth's lifeforms based on the fact that they've found prokaryotes in meteorites, if I remember correctly. I honestly don't believe we'll ever find out the truth in terms of how life originated here. I doubt that even the ancient astronaut theory is true.

Stranger things have happened so I keep an open mind to the idea. I think it would be cool if it were true, but I know the coolest option is often never the true one.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
The Egyptians could have easily made lifts and such to move the bricks into place. Creating the mazes couldn't have been too hard. This is like saying the leaning tower, golden gate bridge, and statue of liberty were made by aliens.

Marly

Awards
The Egyptians could have easily made lifts and such to move the bricks into place. Creating the mazes couldn't have been too hard. This is like saying the leaning tower, golden gate bridge, and statue of liberty were made by aliens.

Eh, while I'm certainly not agreeing with the OP. I do have to say that those architectures aren't really a good example given that the evidence and technology are there for how they were built.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
> pyramids built by aliens

Now is the part where you try to justify your claim. If you cant, I dont think it is worth the time of considering it.

Lifts how?
With pulleys, which they didnt have?
The "orthadox" theories are with a huge inclined plain and/or rolling the stones on logs (both of which a very flawed)

They had so little technology back then. This is what many dont understand.

Marly

Awards
Eh to me, the invention thing is still a possibility. It seems silly but heck they had access to boats, they could've (for some reason) dumped whatever materials into the ocean. Considering that less than 5% of the ocean floor has been explored. Not to mention water erosion over thousands of years could erode away all the evidence. Sure I don't have a motive for that. But nor is there one for the aliens.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Eh to me, the invention thing is still a possibility. It seems silly but heck they had access to boats, they could've (for some reason) dumped whatever materials into the ocean. Considering that less than 5% of the ocean floor has been explored. Not to mention water erosion over thousands of years could erode away all the evidence. Sure I don't have a motive for that. But nor is there one for the aliens.

There would be more evidence of alien contact then of people dumping all their good tech in a river and consciously forgetting it.
But, as the original post will tell you, the focus of this thread isnt to discuss alien contact but to discuss the pyramids and their possible outside influences (could be spongebob for all I care)

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0

There would be more evidence of alien contact then of people dumping all their good tech in a river and consciously forgetting it.
But, as the original post will tell you, the focus of this thread isnt to discuss alien contact but to discuss the pyramids and their possible outside influences (could be spongebob for all I care)

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
There would be more evidence of alien contact

What is this? It is impossible to prove that extraterrestrial intelligent life visited the Earth and left. Sure, you can prove materials of extraterrestrial origin fell to Earth through chemical analysis, but there is no way to say that it originated from an intelligent life form.

people dumping all their good tech in a river and consciously forgetting it.

Humans are selfish, and they will do all in their power to remain in power; often this is accomplished by preventing others from stealing the knowledge of their culture. The burning of Chinese philosophy books is one example; burned Egyptian alchemy texts are another.

It is easy to imagine the Egyptians wanting to keep this knowledge to themselves; to be the only civilization in the world capable of building the pyramids.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
LLL hilighted all my points, but ancient soceities have hidden many of their architectual secrets (as well as other topics) when they weren't showing them off. I cannot see aliens visiting Earth, I just can't.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
What is this? It is impossible to prove that extraterrestrial intelligent life visited the Earth and left. Sure, you can prove materials of extraterrestrial origin fell to Earth through chemical analysis, but there is no way to say that it originated from an intelligent life form.
No. I am saying there would be more evidence to suggest alien contact, as opposed to the idea that the Egyptians dumped their revered tech in a river and forgot about it.
Evidence like how ancient cultures have made dolls strikingly similar to our mordern 'grey aliens' and have said that they have come to earth in 'firery chariots' or something similar. There is much more too.

Humans are selfish, and they will do all in their power to remain in power; often this is accomplished by preventing others from stealing the knowledge of their culture. The burning of Chinese philosophy books is one example; burned Egyptian alchemy texts are another.
It is easy to imagine the Egyptians wanting to keep this knowledge to themselves; to be the only civilization in the world capable of building the pyramids.
That would all be well and good if they did "keep it to themselves" but they didnt. If they knew it at any time, they must've forgot it in a hurry.

LLL hilighted all my points, but ancient soceities have hidden many of their architectual secrets (as well as other topics) when they weren't showing them off. I cannot see aliens visiting Earth, I just can't.
I can. I respect your opinion though. You may well be right on the money

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Evidence like how ancient cultures have made dolls strikingly similar to our mordern 'grey aliens' and have said that they have come to earth in 'firery chariots' or something similar. There is much more too.

So your evidence for pyramid building aliens is that humans recycle the same crap?

It's hardly surprising that we still have similar thoughts and similar ideas as the ancient civilizations -- we are human, as are they. And humans have a tendency to hold on to old ideas. When the Pagan Romans adopted Christianity as their new religion, much of the old mythology was translated into the new religion. The halos on angels and the birth of Jesus on the December 25, among others, are derived from Sol Invictus, a pagan Roman god. Dragons are also a common symbol across many cultures.

Just because it is believed by the majority does not make it truth.

That would all be well and good if they did "keep it to themselves" but they didnt.

And you know this, how?

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
So your evidence for pyramid building aliens is that humans recycle the same crap?

What? Im talking about alien contact. Things like that suggest aliens may have had some presence on earth. If they had the tech to come to earth, it wouldnt be a stretch to think they could build the amazing structure, in the same area the dolls are found (made by Sumerians, whom apparently lived around where Egypt is) that still defies our tech today.

It's hardly surprising that we still have similar thoughts and similar ideas as the ancient civilizations -- we are human, as are they. And humans have a tendency to hold on to old ideas. When the Pagan Romans adopted Christianity as their new religion, much of the old mythology was translated into the new religion. The halos on angels and the birth of Jesus on the December 25, among others, are derived from Sol Invictus, a pagan Roman god. Dragons are also a common symbol across many cultures.

I would say this case is of no correlation to our modern ideas of grey aliens unless all the original 'witnesses' who claim to have seen the greys are taught that this is what aliens look like by someone whose ancestors are Sumerian (which I have read died out ages ago).

Just because it is believed by the majority does not make it truth.
Correct. That also applies to your argument though. Just because the majority have been raised believing theories like this are crazy, doesnt make them right.

And you know this, how?

Unless there is is some ancient Egyptian illuminati that are withholding this info for thousands of years, i am sure the Egyptians dont know it anymore, meaning they didnt keep it to themselves.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Things like that suggest aliens may have had some presence on earth.

Or that humans have the capacity for imagination, and we conjure up the same images generation after generation because of exposure to much of the same stimuli.

If they had the tech to come to earth, it wouldnt be a stretch to think they could build the amazing structure, in the same area the dolls are found (made by Sumerians, whom apparently lived around where Egypt is) that still defies our tech today.

But then there would be chemical traces of their visit, and we would be able to detect it. Have we? No.

I would say this case is of no correlation to our modern ideas of grey aliens unless all the original 'witnesses' who claim to have seen the greys are taught that this is what aliens look like by someone whose ancestors are Sumerian (which I have read died out ages ago).

No, not taught; just imagining the same thing. Fire-breathing reptiles have made their way into cultures from all corners of the globe -- did we have someone teach those cultures the concept of a dragon? No. They happened to imagine the same thing, probably because they are humans one and the same.

That also applies to your argument though. Just because the majority have been raised believing theories like this are crazy, doesnt make them right.

This is where we then use logic to determine the most probable theory. The principle of Occum's razor holds that the simplest explanation -- the one with the least possible assumptions -- is the correct one.

Aliens + Egyptians + Technology = Pyramids
Egyptians + Technology = Pyramids

Which of the two involves the least variables, is the simplest, and is therefore most likely to be correct?

i am sure the Egyptians dont know it anymore, meaning they didnt keep it to themselves.

When you burn your documents, and rid yourself of the technology behind the construction, of course your knowledge will be lost with it. That, I believe, was their intention -- to prevent others from recreating the same feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back