• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are TAV a disappointment?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Absolutely correct, Terra is far better than Riku considering the difference in development time between the two characters.
I don't understand the justification behind this. Terra's an even bigger sucker than Riku was.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
Roxas was a tool, everyone basically told him what to do, the only time he wasn't a tool was...wait..nope...he was a tool even up to his last day of summer.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Uh, you CAN keep saying darkness because it damn well means something when darkness has a corporeal manifestation.

UGH THIS. 'Darkness' is something physical and real in Kingdom Hearts. It's not just a buzzword. I can't believe this person has played much of the series if he hasn't figured that out yet.

I mean, people are entitled their own opinion, but I just don't understand where this guy's opinions come from.

And then he says that XION was more developed than Ven. Sorry, that's where he lost all credibility.

Allister Rose

French Lover
well i based my opinion on spoiling myself with the japanese. so it's more of a comparison....

aqua's VA was a bit of a dissapointment only because they "localized" her personality, i thought it was perfectly fine how it was in the japanese. that and some other isues with her VAing. but overall, i don't mind too much.

terra, was great. it wasn't much of a localization on his part, it was more of changing it overall. his personallity in the oringal could've fit more, but the VA in this one made him seem much younger and more gullable. so his aspect changed it. those who haven't played the original can easily expect what happens to him from the way he talks, in the english, you sense a different ending, yet near the end you get to see it coming. still, great for not making his story less predictable. still, he could put just a little more force onto some areas. he seems to act similarly to aqua's japanese personality....

ven. he is by far my favorite, although i love the original VA, this time, he's less whiny when he shouts out a name. but even so, the personality of his was easily distinguishable from sora's and roxas's and you can't call ventus "roxas". i'm still on que, but i regret not playing ven first.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The argument was about their writing and character development, not their English VA ^^;

Allister Rose

French Lover
The argument was about their writing and character development, not their English VA ^^;
their VA's do affect their personality by a lot compared to the original...if you bother to read my comment...a script of all their words isn't going to help us know exactly what type of character, it's the mood they add to it or describe in a novel or game

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This is why I avoid Gamefaqs: because KMA and his zombie army is there.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
their VA's do affect their personality by a lot compared to the original...if you bother to read my comment...a script of all their words isn't going to help us know exactly what type of character, it's the mood they add to it or describe in a novel or game

Except this guy is complaining about the choices they made in regards to the plot and writing and such. No matter how you read a line, it's not going to change the plot.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Except this guy is complaining about the choices they made in regards to the plot and writing and such. No matter how you read a line, it's not going to change the plot.
well that what he was complaining about, but the subject was too general....the story was great, even if it "felt" short. last episode cleared some of that.

though, it won't physically change the plot, i can see it change the player's reaction to it

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lol. GameFAQs. I stopped using that site's forum after a month or so of being around trolls. The site is a troll site ruled by a troller. While I like the occasional troll, I don't like it being the driving force of an entire website

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Playing BBS, on Ven's Story (haven't bothered with the other two yet, focusing on getting Ven's 100% finished until moving on) I really felt that kind of inner, magical feeling I always feel when playing KH I. The story might be a little confusing, and the combat a little time to learn how to effectively use at first, but I can see what Nomura wanted in splitting them up like that into three different stories.

Personally, I don't give a fcuk what some review says, and I generally disregard those phailure types of congealed words of text that don't coherently back up their statements well.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I also don't agree with the whole Terra is absolutely better than Riku or visa versa.They both have their ups and downs. Riku succeeded in things Terra failed in and Terra's done things that Riku has yet to accomplish. I'm talking story wise and growth, not fighting ability. But this is just trolling at its best. Some points had some sense but some were just nonsense. Mostly the part concerning Xion...especially that. Ven shouldn't be compared to Roxas or a Pinocchio shemale.

Z

Zulkir

Lol. GameFAQs. I stopped using that site's forum after a month or so of being around trolls. The site is a troll site ruled by a troller. While I like the occasional troll, I don't like it being the driving force of an entire website

That's what I'm beginning to think now, that he's just saying this to troll and he's not even serious about what he says. There is no way someone can sincerely put forth that kind of argument.

I don't understand the justification behind this. Terra's an even bigger sucker than Riku was.

They were both suckers, I didn't say Terra wasn't. I just find him the better of the two because Riku lost his body out of some misplaced jealousy of Sora whereas Terra's intention all along was to protect his friends.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
They were both suckers, I didn't say Terra wasn't. I just find him the better of the two because Riku lost his body out of some misplaced jealousy of Sora whereas Terra's intention all along was to protect his friends.

to be honest i find Riku to be slightly the better of the two. I mean yeah Riku lost his heart out of jealousy but he has been embracing the darkness way before that point and ended up losing his heart when he just let the darkness takeover entirely, then he lost his body. Riku then goes the same misguided quest that Terra does, to rid of or even conquer the darkness within them. Riku ends up accepting the darkness as apart of him and uses it just as strong as the light. Terra didn't embrace the darkness the way Riku did per say, Terra was afraid of losing what he loved and that fear led him to seeking out power, obsessing over it, and that obsession brought the darkness. Then Terra desperately(not really) tries to rid himself of it but ends up accepting it not as a part of him that can coexist with his light but as a curse that he is willing to bear to protect his friends. Riku turns his darkness from a curse to a gift, where as Terra just wields it as a curse. Thats the way I see it, its just my opinion. I just favor Riku's endpoint with darkness than Terra's but I love them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back