• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Artemis Fowl

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Re: Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony

Arty's too cool to be a Mary Sue :O

Although his character started faltering when he actually began to 'care' about people more than his ambitions. It should have stayed balanced, I guess.

I really wanna do a comic for The Eternity Code, for some reason :\

~Dorian Gray

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D

What the heck is a Mary Sue? And you guys can go to...that place(I don't wanna risk cussing) That book was awesome, and as far as I know, no movie is in production.

Why thank you, Moron, for persecuting us for our beliefs! =3

A Mary Sue... >.< Just Wik it, will you? I don't feel like expaining. >_>

The book was plenty funny, and way entertaining. But it made Artemis all... touchy feely. And... in love with everyone.

It coulda been done better, is all.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

A comic would be cool. Draw Arno awesome, though!! =D

Doctor Manhattan

Right Click, Save As

Wiki said:
Mary Sue (sometimes shortened simply to Sue) is a pejorative term for a fictional character who is portrayed in an idealized way and lacks noteworthy flaws, or has her flaws unreasonably romanticized. Characters labeled Mary Sues, as well as the stories they appear in, are generally seen as wish-fulfillment fantasies on the part of the author.

The term originated in criticism of fan fiction. It usually refers to characters created by the (fan) author of the work, but can also be used in reference to characters from the original canon source who are characterized in a way perceived as Sue-like. Many original characters in play-by-post gaming are also perceived as Mary Sues (or the male equivalent).

Mary Sue may be used to describe a character of any gender, but male Mary Sues may also be called "Marty Stus," "Murray Stus," "Gary Sues" or similar names. Authors of such characters (of either sex) are sometimes referred to as Suethors, a portmanteau of Sue and author.While characters are generally not intentionally written to be Mary Sues, some authors create Mary Sues as a form of deliberate parody.

Mary sues/gary sues sux. And you katattack, like heartless, i say you should go to hell. Although I like cenile artemis best, this is prolly his second best. I say roffle at Arty having an Equal/GF, It just proves his kind isn't a dying breed. I just hope in the next book he remembers to protect himself in a way butler can't do for him. (LOL)

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!

Really? I thought it was stupid.

NOW, Artemis has/is:

-twin siblings.
-magic.
-different coloured-eyes.
-tons o' money (still)
-a hero. (is)
-a girlfriend

The characters were so flat. It was annoying. XD

Chaotic_Countess

Website
www.freewebs.com

The book was plenty funny, and way entertaining. But it made Artemis all... touchy feely. And... in love with everyone.

That cracked me up.

No. Artemis does not need a girlfriend. Espeically not one with no real personality.

I like N1 however. (Bugger me if I know how to do that circle thing. D: )

BladesofJustice

I believe the book was an excellent edition to the Artemis Fowl series. And as far as touchy feely goes, the Artemis Fowl series has spawned quite a few books now with Artemis constantly facing challenges that no real person could handle and over these challenges he has matured and learned not to only think of himself. I feel that Artemis has really matured and how Eoin Colfer made him realize the insecurities and improve upon them in each book was genius.

Just because someone isn't dark and malignant all the time doesn't mean they are "touchy-feely." It means they are human. Artemis finding love wasn't because he became a wuss, it was because he finally set his priorities straight and became "human" in a sense. So I cannot wait until the next book comes out, which I heard will be the last.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards

Lol, I thought that the last book was the last...man I remember when I was a kid, when they first came out and I read it...good times...I also don't remeber the ending of the last one either...meh..

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D

Yeah, Chaotic, N1 was the highlight of that book. xD

The demon world was pretty cool. And the deal with the kid in the toy car was pretty awesome, too. xD

As for me going to Hell, I've already faced the fact that I'm most likely going there, and I'm fine with it. Find a better insult.

marapets

ha har ive read this book but it was ages ago this book is well old isnt it??

bond of flames

you've got a soul, use it.
Website
www.facebook.com

i love that book!best yet.i heard there are al least 2 more books coming.
i hated the part about them being gone for 3 years.is butler still gonna be in action.cuz he said in the book he was gonna retire.or was that sarcasm.

R0ad H0g

I just finished this book, but it seemed shorter than the rest. It might be because I read the other ones a couple of years ago.

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
Senior Leader's Course, Cold Lake Air Base, Albert
They is makin' a movie =O

zomgzomgzomgzomgzomgzomg!!!1!1!1111

If they pull the movie off right, it should be orgasmic...however, with my past...experience with book-to-movie transitions always make me feel...empty.

Plus, Holly is my Anti-Drug =D

bond of flames

you've got a soul, use it.
Website
www.facebook.com
um, there are alot of other threads but oh well

and when is the movie coming out?
if they do to it what they did to eragon im gonna get pissed
artemis fowl is an awesome series and only the best should make it a movie

Hybrid Unknown

I have read all of them too. It would be so tight if they made them into movies. Wonder who would play Artemis? Or Butler? hmmm...maybe a wrestler :)

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
Senior Leader's Course, Cold Lake Air Base, Albert
A Wrestler play Butler?

*pukes*

*pukes more*

*has those nastly lurches where you puke but nothing comes out.*

Okay, maybe Julia, but sure as hell not Butler. First, what do they know about finesse. Second, Butler knows firearms, where as wrestlers know fake moves. Third, wrestlers are fat, Bultler is huge muscle. Have I made myself clear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back