• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Artificial life breakthrough

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
When this technology becomes more mainstream, it is imperative they strictly regulate it.
Because this could mean a totally new danger of biological warfare :(

Off course they'll regulate it.
We'll only get Dragons without fire-breath or claws. The others'll be strictly for warfare purposes.

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
>.> We've always seen movies on nano machines, but now artificial cells?

Aria

braver by the minute
This is the type of thing that turns sci-fi utopia books into fact.

Screw dragons, I want a hippogriff ;D

well this is irony this news of creating cell/DNA (or whatever) comes and a new movie come out about the government creating a new species.... s1eyeballs

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
When this technology becomes more mainstream, it is imperative they strictly regulate it.
Because this could mean a totally new danger of biological warfare :(

an accident is much more likely to happen than an attack, like these cells getting out of quarantine and generally being a pain in the ass

Silfarion

Just created DNA =/? DNA is what separates species one from the other. We basically invented a whole species out of nothing. Must we also create our own membrane and organelles before we can say we created an organism? What's the point of that?

You got the picture wrong. DNA not only separate species, but it decides to tiniest specs. It can change our hair color, our personality, even some sickness we will get in the future. So creating a DNA doesn't necessarily mean we created a new organism, it can mean we made a variation of a previous one.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
You got the picture wrong. DNA not only separate species, but it decides to tiniest specs. It can change our hair color, our personality, even some sickness we will get in the future. So creating a DNA doesn't necessarily mean we created a new organism, it can mean we made a variation of a previous one.

Not to be a dick or anything but I am pretty certain that Phoenix knows that, aswel as most things.

I think he was just trying to stop people from downplaying the achievement made.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Then we'll make a variation of lizards by supersizing them and giving them flight. We're getting our flying beast of destruction and transportation either way. If there's a scientist with enough balls and time anyway.

You clearly don't understand human nature. It goes like this. Humanity starts investigating shit. Humanity finds that there are certain rules. Humanity takes a dump on said rules, bury them under the ground and set the surrounding continent on fire. Humanity proceeds.

Last edited:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Then we'll make a variation of lizards by supersizing them and giving them flight. We're getting our flying beast of destruction and transportation either way. If there's a scientist with enough balls and time anyway.

You clearly don't understand human nature. It goes like this. Humanity starts investigating shit. Humanity finds that there are certain rules. Humanity takes a dump on said rules, bury them under the ground and set the surrounding continent on fire. Humanity proceeds.

I dunno I think humanity is just curious how far we can take our limits.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I dunno I think humanity is just curious how far we can take our limits.

That's just the point. You can't see how far you'll go if you don't shit on the rules first.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
Frankenstein complex =/= a fear of artificial humans, it's the fear of something that we don't completely understand.

So, they created a new, mono-cellular organism that is capable of reproduction. I believe that this is many years away from being useful, or that it will at least be many years before the general public has any sort of access to it.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Frankenstein complex =/= a fear of artificial humans, it's the fear of something that we don't completely understand.

So, they created a new, mono-cellular organism that is capable of reproduction. I believe that this is many years away from being useful, or that it will at least be many years before the general public has any sort of access to it.

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankenstein_complex

According to this, it apparently does. There is another term for what you mean, the not understanding. But I can't seem to remember. And even if he did mean that, he's still wrong.

It'll likely take a long time. And it better. That way they could take out the kinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back