• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS may have been KH III

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I remeber hearing somwhere that the concept of the secret ending of KH2 was planned to be something else, but was adapted to fit the storyline Nomura thought up for BBS. So essentially, yes, BBS could have been KH3

No, I don't think so. Nomura said in the Ultimania interview that he had BBS plot in his head while doing KH2, and started work on it as soon as he finished FM+. That's why the secret ending is almost exactly the same in BBS.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
No, I don't think so. Nomura said in the Ultimania interview that he had BBS plot in his head while doing KH2, and started work on it as soon as he finished FM+. That's why the secret ending is almost exactly the same in BBS.

If you can find a link to that, I'd really appreciate it. If anything, I would imagine that he had ideas about making Xehanort's past important in some way, but I doubt he had the BBS plot planned out.

wii.red24

there was a time when alot of people thought it was kh3 it was falsely kalled kh3 the keyblade wars until later when it was revealed it really wasnt kh3 at all

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
If you can find a link to that, I'd really appreciate it. If anything, I would imagine that he had ideas about making Xehanort's past important in some way, but I doubt he had the BBS plot planned out.

http://forums.khinsider.com/future-kingdom-hearts/147012-ultimania-full-nomura-interview.html

-- So how did you start development on “KH BbS”?

Nomura: Well I usually start by thinking about the gameplay, but for BbS I started by writing out the plot for the scenario. The scenes on Destiny Island with Terra and Riku speaking, and Aqua speaking to both Sora and Riku were ideas I had written down from the first. I wanted to make those scenes a reality so badly that I wrote out a development proposal. I had the plot in mind from way back at the end of development on KHII.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I truly believe they called this game: Kingdom Hearts III Birth By Sleep
I REALLY wish they called it that... because I am truly getting sick of people going "OMG BBS is a stupid filler side game, they need to stop being lazy and work on KH3!" (you know, working on 3 KH games at one time isn't really considered "lazy" at all -_- )

I mean, yeah, chronollogically it wouldn't make much sense... but hey, there are other movies and other games that are prequels but still have the title of a sequel. As TheLight mentioned, Metal Gear Solid 3 is a good example as to how it could be done.

If I ever end up doing a youtube review of the game (I have the Japanese version so I have a bit of a head start) the VERY first thing I'll mention is "Birth by Sleep is NOT A SIDE GAME."

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yep, that was the interview I meant. Also, there are little hints about Sora and Roxas and Dual Wielding needing more explanation and being connected to Xehanort's past in Another Report, which is pretty old too. Which means that Nomura knew Ven's plot back when he created Roxas.

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
^ exactly hahaha but yeah pretty much what everyone's been saying, it can be considered as KH3 because it's a very important part to the story & it's not a side story, it's a main story that kick starts everything that we need to know. But for those who have played it, do you feel that it explains a lot or do you have more questions? Or a little bit of both maybe?

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
A little bit of both. Even though it's a prequel, it doesn't feel like a direct prequel to kh1.

If Kh1-->CoM-->KH2, then
BBS-->Coded-->KH3(?)

I guess. Or at least that's how it feels to me.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
so they meant it had as much impact and importance as well as quality of numbered titles
exactly, they didn't say it's a main game but they said it's as important and as big

A little bit of both. Even though it's a prequel, it doesn't feel like a direct prequel to kh1.

If Kh1-->CoM-->KH2, then
BBS-->Coded-->KH3(?)

I guess. Or at least that's how it feels to me.
I'd say
BBS - CoM/days - KH II - Coded - KH III
and somewhere there's "3D - mystic game"

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'd say

I think 3D will be somewhere in the first half which is between KH1-CoM/Days

However, I'm glad that even SE is calling this a min game because so many people are running around preaching side game and it honestly angers me :(

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
exactly, they didn't say it's a main game but they said it's as important and as big

I'd say

I think you missed the point of what I was saying.

CoM is the bridge between KH1 and Kh2, tying them together so we understand. I don't see how it ties BBS and KH2...

And Coded ties BBS to the future of the series. Without Coded, Mickey and the rest wouldn't know what to do. So Coded and BBS have to be linked.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Its not KH3, there is supposed to be a KH3 by like 2013 or somthn.
Its been known as KH: episode 0 by a lot.

That's not the point. Read the OP again. They're saying that it could've been called KH3 since BBS is such a huge project of great importance to the series.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
That's not the point. Read the OP again. They're saying that it could've been called KH3 since BBS is such a huge project of great importance to the series.

Yes, in a sense, the game is the "3rd" big game that SE has made for the KH series. So in that way it is KH3, but it isn't the sequel to KH2.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I think you missed the point of what I was saying.

CoM is the bridge between KH1 and Kh2, tying them together so we understand. I don't see how it ties BBS and KH2...

And Coded ties BBS to the future of the series. Without Coded, Mickey and the rest wouldn't know what to do. So Coded and BBS have to be linked.
well that's another point of view, pretty good but I'd by myself stick to what I said

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Its not KH3, there is supposed to be a KH3 by like 2013 or somthn.
Its been known as KH: episode 0 by a lot.

KH3 has no release date as it is not even in development yet :/

And you missed the point. The point is that they're saying BBS can be called "KH3" because it is the third main game in the series. The only reason it isn't called "KH3" is because it's a prequel. But even then, if Square Enix felt like calling it "KH3" they easily could've. It's basically saying BBS is not a side game which has been repeated over half a million times yet some people still don't get it.

pepe1092

Awards
Not so much fighting that BBS can not be KH3. Square he could have called KH3, just as it did Konami with Metal Gear or Capcom with Devil May Cry. BBS would complete the trilogy on PS2, but came Re: com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back