• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bringing Sora back to level 1

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

whodeany

So we all know Nomura likes to think of in-story ways to make Sora return to level 1 at the beginning of each adventure, so far:

Com: forgot abilities in CO
II: memories reshuffled, plus had Roxas merge with him.
Coded: data sora

What could be next? Personally I'm thinking something like:

Kh3ds: SoRi have their abilities stripped back, such as drive forms and limits so that they can learn to rely on keyblade, or something to that effect.
Kh3: at the end of kh3ds, Sora gives Ventus heart back, and so begins kh3 with a section of his heart missing.

Any ideas?

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Personally i don't have a problem if Nomura-san doesn't come with an in-story explanation for lvl 1 Sora. It's a game...anyway i like your first idea.

About the second now, well we will have to wait and see...after all Mickey and Yen Sid know where Ven's heart is .

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I agree with the KH3D one. Or it will have something to do with the Master status...

KH3 one...not too sure on that. Ven's heart will always be connected to Sora's unless Ven gains his own Darkness. And even then Sora will still be connected to Ven because you just don't stop being connected to somebody like that

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I agree with the KH3D one. Or it will have something to do with the Master status...

KH3 one...not too sure on that. Ven's heart will always be connected to Sora's unless Ven gains his own Darkness. And even then Sora will still be connected to Ven because you just don't stop being connected to somebody like that

Agreed, furthermore, Sora can't just give Ven's heart "back", as they need to do several things before it:

1. Let Sora himself become aware that he's even holding and protecting Ven's heart inside himself.
2. Find a way to heal the grave injuries the heart sustained after the destruction of the x-blade (the injury after the carving out of Vanitas was already healed by newborn Sora at the beginning of BBS and if Vanitas really was reabsorbed this shouldn't be an issue.)
3. Find a way to remove this heart from Sora without harming him in the process.
4. Find and rescue Aqua as they need her or they'll never find a way to Ventus's comatose body.

Besides, why would Sora revert back to level 1 when he returns Ven's heart? His abilities aren't stored inside Ven's heart or something...the only thing he'll have to give up his his second keyblade...

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
I think the KH3D one is plausible. Considering the whole "KH3D is Sora/Riku's MoM Exam thing, I wouldn't be surprised. The KH3 bit....I don't really think so. We'll have to wait until we see the end of KH3D to be sure...

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
Kh3: at the end of kh3ds, Sora gives Ventus heart back, and so begins kh3 with a section of his heart missing.
wouldn't ven's heart leaving not effect sora in any way other than his ability to dual wield?
and how would Sora's heart be missing,he'd just be giving away what is not his in the first place

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
wouldn't ven's heart leaving not effect sora in any way other than his ability to dual wield?
and how would Sora's heart be missing,he'd just be giving away what is not his in the first place

Exactly this...Ven's heart is protected by Sora's, not a part of it, except for the second keyblade it shouldn't affect Sora at all.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
For 3D, kinda...the way I saw it was that since the theme of the game is going to be trust, then Sora and Riku would have to rely on each other for strength and support in tough situations, rather than using the abilities they had in KH2.

So yes, the powers from KH2 would be "Stripped away" in a sense.

you're answer for KH3...I don't quite see happening, like everyone else said. he'd just lose the power to dual-wield.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I don't think his abilities will as stripped away as they will be made inferior. Personally, I think that with the MoM exam, Sora and Riku will start learning more advanced/ more TAV-caliber abilities. Sure, Sora might "forget" a spell or two (or somehow all of them), for gameplay's sake, but honestly I see his old abilities being superseded by new ones, possibly even similar ones to those he had only in (Re:)CoM, like that Epic fire storm-like one, the tornado thing, or Holy. In other words, while I doubt Sora and Riku will be going full-scale TAV anytime soon (in order to keep 3D from being too much like BBS), I figure they're going to start learning more advanced stuff than simple stuff like Fira or Thundaga, such as using the spells as part of an attack, instead of as THE attack.

Maybe, the elemental raids from CoM can make a return.

Oh, and since Sora might not have Donald and Goofy by his side as much as previous games, maybe the Drives will just go bye bye because of that. Even if they are by his side, I really do hope he somehow just forgets them anyways, unless they actually help out. In KH2, the only thing the drives really did for me was make it even easier, so unless I'm going for a boss speedrun or to look badass in the boss intro scene (namely as Final Form Sora), no thank you.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I don't think Nomura really needs reasons but the KH3D idea is cool. I could see it working; I couldn't see the KH3 idea working because of what everyone else has said about Ven/Sora.

Ralz

Nomura seems to think this is important. Final Fantasy game sequels don't seem to have a problem not bothering to answer. I'm looking at yoooooouuuuu, Yuna.

I believe Yen Sid will strip Sora and Riku of their powers and abilities and train them from the ground up, Master-style. That or, something will go horribly wrong, as things usually do, and cause the two of them to lose all their stuff.

As for KH3, from the looks of things, there's no clear way to do it. Which is why 3DS may have an ending that jeopardizes Yen Sid and Mickey's plans. Or Nomura will pull memory loss #4. Or is it #5? I can't keep track of how many times these characters keep forgetting things.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Nomura seems to think this is important. Final Fantasy game sequels don't seem to have a problem not bothering to answer. I'm looking at yoooooouuuuu, Yuna.

I believe Yen Sid will strip Sora and Riku of their powers and abilities and train them from the ground up, Master-style. That or, something will go horribly wrong, as things usually do, and cause the two of them to lose all their stuff.

As for KH3, from the looks of things, there's no clear way to do it. Which is why 3DS may have an ending that jeopardizes Yen Sid and Mickey's plans. Or Nomura will pull memory loss #4. Or is it #5? I can't keep track of how many times these characters keep forgetting things.
Oh god, not memory loss again. -_- That is kinda a stale plot device... but you're right, it could happen.

Silfarion

If 3ds is about mark of mastery, maybe they are made to use opposite element of what they are used to? So Sora needs to use darkness, and Riku needs to use light. That brings things to square 1 again.

αsiя

space coke
Program the game to start at lvl1. If you need an explanation then tell Nomura to put a scene where Yen Sid tells Sora that the game developers put him back to lvl1 because he's in a video game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back