• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

By the end of KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

nxtgarnett5

By the time Kingdom Hearts 3 has finished rolling its final credits (possible secret movie and all) do you think we will know who the new villain for the next saga will be. This just crossed my mind if they will give us a teaser for Kh4 (or whatever it's called) or they will leave it completely up in the air so we will just have how Kh3 ended to speculate on the future. Thoughts?

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Knowing Nomura, he'll probably give us a hint at what's to come and leave it up in the air until he feels ready to unveil KHIV.

BlackSeven

Awards
KH4 for PS5!

I doubt that they'd put in anything for future games, I wonder if Nomura has even thought about what Saga to do next after this.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
If Nomura plans to continue the series past KH3, then he probably has some idea as to where he wants to take the series; it'd be fucking stupid otherwise, especially when it comes to such an intricate series. How the series progresses post-KH3 is partially dependent on KH3 itself; what if the development team encounters problems coming up with a story for KH4 because the plots that they come up with contradict with plot elements from KH3?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I don't want any teaser for the next game. Let KHIII have a nice ending that feels like an ending. No foreshadowing of things to come and such, and have the next game start fresh with none of us having a clue what could happen.
I think things would be better if we're speculating what the next game will be like than what role a random mystery dude will play.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'd prefer for KH3 to have a super solid ending that leaves no room for doubt that it is the end of this saga and with zero ties to the next saga. It was KH2's vague post-credit ending & secret ending that created the incessant begging for KH3 for about seven years despite there being a new game every year since 2009.

I wonder if Nomura has even thought about what Saga to do next after this.

He continues to insist the series will continue after KH3 with a new saga, so he has at least an idea of where he wants to take things. How much he has planned and if it will even happen are things left unknown.

Antar

Awards
I'd prefer for KH3 to have a super solid ending that leaves no room for doubt that it is the end of this saga and with zero ties to the next saga. It was KH2's vague post-credit ending & secret ending that created the incessant begging for KH3 for about seven years despite there being a new game every year since 2009.
I don't want any teaser for the next game. Let KHIII have a nice ending that feels like an ending. No foreshadowing of things to come and such, and have the next game start fresh with none of us having a clue what could happen.

Exactly this. This saga needs a true end so Nomura has a clean slate to work with for KH4 (or whatever it will be called).

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I bet he throws in a secret ending.

Maybe it'll be like the BBS:FM secret ending too, and it will never happen. Thus leading fans like me to go insane.

Sdog

Awards
While it would be nice to have something in the game, I don't think I'd want it to be placed anywhere throughout the main storyline. Cause it could throw my and anyone's focus off for the rest of the game, leading from speculation till conformation on whether it's a character shown or a symbol of importance and what they have to do with the big picture. If anything is shown it'd be nice if it couldn't be accessed till after the credits roll in either a secret scene or perhaps a boss fight. But Nomura please make sure all loose ends are tied up before moving onto the next saga...

And if nothing is shown I wouldn't miss it. Plus it's pretty much fact there will be future KH games, whether they be single titles or a whole new saga. Since Nomura insist KH is Sora's story and we are only finishing the 'Xehanort Saga' In 3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Exactly this. This saga needs a true end so Nomura has a clean slate to work with for KH4 (or whatever it will be called).

I'd prefer if they ditched the numbers and stuck with subtitles. Numbering and subtitling has caused the massive confusion on what is important and what isn't in this series, and by giving every game post-KH3 a subtitle would be a way to make them all equal.

Maybe it'll be like the BBS:FM secret ending too, and it will never happen. Thus leading fans like me to go insane.

BBSv2...We will always remember you ;~;

Antar

Awards
I'd prefer if they ditched the numbers and stuck with subtitles. Numbering and subtitling has caused the massive confusion on what is important and what isn't in this series, and by giving every game post-KH3 a subtitle would be a way to make them all equal.

This is a good point. I find it very annoying when people call BBS a spinoff just because it isn't numbered. But wouldn't it make it a bit more difficult to tell what order they go in? People might buy a game without realizing it's the Seventh in the series. :p

Kevin_Keyblade

I wonder how Nomura could design the purpose of the next villain.... I mean, thinking about an old creep man trying to make more versions of himself is kinda difficult to think and kinda scary, I wonder how the next villain will try to control every world....

Antar

Awards
I wonder how Nomura could design the purpose of the next villain.... I mean, thinking about an old creep man trying to make more versions of himself is kinda difficult to think and kinda scary, I wonder how the next villain will try to control every world....

Who said the next villain will try to control all worlds? I think Nomura will be more clever than that :p

Kevin_Keyblade

Who said the next villain will try to control all worlds? I think Nomura will be more clever than that :p
hehe Yeah... Maybe you are right, but who knows, because, what other purpose do you think that the next villain is going to reach?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
This is a good point. I find it very annoying when people call BBS a spinoff just because it isn't numbered. But wouldn't it make it a bit more difficult to tell what order they go in? People might buy a game without realizing it's the Seventh in the series. :p
I agree that it might get confusing. So how about both? KHnumber: subtitle.

hehe Yeah... Maybe you are right, but who knows, because, what other purpose do you think that the next villain is going to reach?
Destroy Light/Darkness/everything, slavery, some guy who thinks he owns the worlds, a guy collecting our heroes and putting them on a nice shelf (ooh, I want that one!) There's a lot of different ways the next villain can go.

Kevin_Keyblade

Destroy Light/Darkness/everything, slavery, some guy who thinks he owns the worlds, a guy collecting our heroes and putting them on a nice shelf (ooh, I want that one!) There's a lot of different ways the next villain can go.
Or perhaps a manipulative enemy who wants to destroy the friendships of the protagonists

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Then, no offense to people who are often confused by these things, they are kind of dumb for not checking. People don't get confused about the order of the Assassin's Creed games, or any other series that uses subtitles over numbers. There is a point where these companies can't hand-hold their audience to figure things out that probably take a quick Google search if they are confused.

If it really is a big issue, they can do a number and subtitle, but there is a point where it gets ridiculous to see Kingdom Hearts IV: Lux in Caeca, Kingdom Hearts V: Tantum Ergo, and Kingdom Hearts VI: Titles Are Hard.

Antar

Awards

I think it would be interesting to see a villain who's "blinded by light" and wants to destroy all darkness to a point where he himself/herself becomes darkness. We got a small taste of that with Master Eraqus. What do you mean by collecting heroes and putting them on a shelf? Like turning them into statues?

Or perhaps a manipulative enemy who wants to destroy the friendships of the protagonists

I don't know about that. What would the enemy gain, other than cliche revenge or jealousy?

Then, no offense to people who are often confused by these things, they are kind of dumb for not checking. People don't get confused about the order of the Assassin's Creed games, or any other series that uses subtitles over numbers. There is a point where these companies can't hand-hold their audience to figure things out that probably take a quick Google search if they are confused.

If it really is a big issue, they can do a number and subtitle, but there is a point where it gets ridiculous to see Kingdom Hearts IV: Lux in Caeca, Kingdom Hearts V: Tantum Ergo, and Kingdom Hearts VI: Titles Are Hard.

Good point, it would just add unnecessary mess just to hand hold a few people.

Kingdom Hearts VI: Titles Are Hard.

Hehe. KH VI confirmed!

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I think it would be interesting to see a villain who's "blinded by light" and wants to destroy all darkness to a point where he himself/herself becomes darkness.
I like the idea, and it is imo the only way that having a 'enemy that is of the light' scenario would work. They start off in the light but they end up in darkness.

KHRULER

Awards
For all we know,there may not even be an antagonist in the next saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back