• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cincinnati Man Spanks Son Over Poor Video Gaming

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neglect

Your name reflects what you're views are: neglectful. Are you serious? I've gotten much worse than a slap to the ass. You ever been hit with a belt, or a switch? My mom hit me with a shoe once (sandals, I think) just because she couldn't get to a belt. It works out for the best for children, it really is one of the best ways to teach them not to do something again. I'm not saying it's the right solution for everything that kids do wrong, but to call the guy an imbecile for it....well, the guy is more than an imbecile considering why he spanked the kid. But the trick is to distinguish that line between discipline and abuse.

As a child and into my early teens, I did experience child abuse. Is it neglectful to call someone on their bullshit? All people are doing are directing your eyes towards the word's connotation: 'spanking'. It's irrelevant what you call it, because at the end of the day you're still beating your child.

I don't see why violence always has to be a resolution. This single-minded mentality is absurd, and you're an asshole to assert any sort of justification by labeling it off as "discipline".

S

Shadow Soldier

because at the end of the day you're still beating your child.

Oh please. If that's called beating your child, then pretty much everybody of today, wouldn't be living with their real parents. People wouldn't be allowed dogs because what do you do when the dog does something bad? You smack him on the snout. What do you do when he shits inside when you're trying to teach him to shit outside? You wipe his fucking nose in it.

It's not abuse, it's a way of teaching the kid right from wrong. Teaching him, that for every bad thing he does, there's a punishment. Just like when someone robs a store, they go to jail.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
It's the only way that his son will ever be able to compete in the Pro Gaming League.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
People wouldn't be allowed dogs because what do you do when the dog does something bad? You smack him on the snout. What do you do when he shits inside when you're trying to teach him to shit outside? You wipe his fucking nose in it.

What kind of sick person are you? No one I know, myself included, would ever do those things to their pet. You do that, that's not good. Where the hell do you live where they let you hit your dog? Saying "Buh" seems to work better than physical abuse for my dog...

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
What kind of sick person are you? No one I know, myself included, would ever do those things to their pet. You do that, that's not good. Where the hell do you live where they let you hit your dog? Saying "Buh" seems to work better than physical abuse for my dog...

Smacking a dog on the nose as reproach is actually VERY common.

Also, have you never heard of "rubbing their nose in it" before? Another common rebuke.

Where exactly do you live that you've never heard of this?

S

Shadow Soldier

You're an idiot sir. Stop being a god damn hippy and educate yourself on COMMON practices of today.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Smacking a dog on the nose as reproach is actually VERY common.

Also, have you never heard of "rubbing their nose in it" before? Another common rebuke.

Where exactly do you live that you've never heard of this?

Never heard of this shit in Canada! As far as my knowleddge goes, we're not supposed to treat our pets/children like crap.

You're an idiot sir. Stop being a god damn hippy and educate yourself on COMMON practices of today.

Yes, I'm a hippy. I accept that fact. And it was more COMMON in the 60s if I'm not mistaken.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
He does literally mean wipe his nose. He meant that you take your dog and make him see the crap and tell him bad in a very negative way. It is how you teach a dog to not do that =\

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Never heard of this shit in Canada! As far as my knowleddge goes, we're not supposed to treat our pets/children like crap.

It's not treating them like crap. A small whack on the nose isn't going to leave ANY permanent damage, nor cause any kind of issues between you and the dog.

S

Shadow Soldier

Never heard of this shit in Canada!

Then you're an idiot. Get out of Canada. I live in Canada and it's common everywhere.

As far as my knowleddge goes, we're not supposed to treat our pets/children like crap.

You're knowledge doesn't go very far then. It's not treating your children/pets like crap. It's telling them difference between right and wrong, and for every wrong action, there's a punishment.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Someone thinks their dog is human. A dog is an animal. We do treat them below humans because they are. A dog is not a human. They are meant to be pets and we treat them in a different way than humans. How do you expect a dog to learn fast? Telling him no? A dog has no idea what you are saying. You need to bring physical involvement for a dog to catch on. If he does something bad, you give a smack on the nose and speak in a negative tone. The smack doesn't hurt the dog but annoy them. Its like if someone flicked your nose.

Can't solve everything with words <<

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Then you're an idiot. Get out of Canada. I live in Canada and it's common everywhere.

Where do you live? Alberta?

You're knowledge doesn't go very far then. It's not treating your children/pets like crap. It's telling them difference between right and wrong, and for every wrong action, there's a punishment.

Yes, but how severe must the punishment be for it to leave a mark? Seriously man, why would a parent want to punish their child physically unless they aren't a good enough parent to teach their kids otherwise?

Edit @ Ulti: I never hit my dog, he turned out fine. Speech is enough to teach a dog.

S

Shadow Soldier

No speech is not enough. They don't understand like 98% of the things you say. You have to teach them with physical involvement.

And no I don't live in Alberta, look at it again.

Just because you weren't raised with spanking, doesn't mean it's bad. The only thing spanking will do to the child, is just turn their ass red. That's it. The child will remember the pain, like a dog remembers their nose getting wiped in their own shit and piss.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Obviously you didn't teach him by saying jump and he jumps. A dog doesn't understand the human language. All he can tell is your tone. A dog, at least, can tell a happy tone from an angry tone. You probably forget that you give him a treat when he does a trick.

100% sure you never house broke your own dog :\

Q

Banned
what the fuck do dogs have to do with kids

why are we talking about dog shit

i thought we were talking about an anal probe game, let's get back on topic guys

S

Shadow Soldier

Discussion evolves. And besides, I think this is a much better discussion. And it's still technically on topic..

frisson

Silver Member
Bah in my day we had the belt and soap treatment. And I turned out...

Fine.

Eva

~ &#9829;~ Grand Summoner~ &#9829;~
Awards
^ Had the all might and feared chancletta (sandal) in my day.

poor kid though. looks like SOME parents are going nuts over video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back