• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did Demyx Know...?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaming flame

Banned
"Oh we do too have hearts! Don't be mad.....

Did Demyx know that the Nobodies had hearts?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's possible.
Then again, he might have been deemed too lazy for Xehanort's use.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I always took it as him either lying or referring to how all Nobodies had heart, they just happened to not be in their bodies at the time. Either way Demyx is kind of an idiot, I doubt he'd be told such information or comprehend it if he somehow came about it himself.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Some Nobodies act according to how they remember from their previous lives as Somebodies, so I just assumed that he embraced this concept and eventually fooled himself into believing that he did still have a heart.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Some Nobodies act according to how they remember from their previous lives as Somebodies, so I just assumed that he embraced this concept and eventually fooled himself into believing that he did still have a heart.

Well, if he had enough connections and interactions with others it is possible that he eventually gave birth to a new one, although I doubt that it was developed far and I even more strongly doubt that he truly consciously felt/knew that Xemnas was lying to them the whole time.
So yep, he was fooling himself (or just babbling nonsense) without realizing that he was accidentally telling the truth, or rather a part of it because Nobodies indeed do not have hearts, it's just that this state isn't permanent and can be remedied without using Xemnas' artificial Kingdom Hearts.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Kind of felt bad for demyx when it was revealed he was telling the truth without him knowing about it.

reimeille

I always assumed he was being sarcastic, I'd never really understood what he meant by that particular line. I just shrugged it off, you know?

The way I've seen it, he was just messing around ... Demyx honestly was never that smart, he wouldn't just all of a sudden have this huge revelation that no one else had. I loved him, but he just was not very bright and it was unlikely that he meant anything more.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
At the time I figured he meant the hearts they were harvesting, like the org members were keeping some hearts on them as an extra power source.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I'm sure he mostly likely didn't know about that. I feel only those who were in the other org. and maybe the original six knew. That said it's also likely that he was either joking/ being sarcastic or just trying to trick sora up. On the other hand if Demyx did know that would probably confirm that he is one of the 13, but based on skills like chaser said, not a good canidate. Lastly who knows, maybe he heard it from one of the members and either believed him or didn't and was just making fun of it.

Lastly there is the crazy idea that Nomura was secretly hinting the concept the whole time to us and this was one of those hints.

Either way that thing is very ironic cause I know I didn't belive him either.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I'm sure he mostly likely didn't know about that. I feel only those who were in the other org. and maybe the original six knew. That said it's also likely that he was either joking/ being sarcastic or just trying to trick sora up. On the other hand if Demyx did know that would probably confirm that he is one of the 13, but based on skills like chaser said, not a good canidate. Lastly who knows, maybe he heard it from one of the members and either believed him or didn't and was just making fun of it.

Lastly there is the crazy idea that Nomura was secretly hinting the concept the whole time to us and this was one of those hints.

Either way that thing is very ironic cause I know I didn't belive him either.

I don't even think all of the original six knew what Xemnas was doing. Maybe Xigbar had some clues and he shared it with Xaldin as they were probably close even prior to taking in Terra-Xehanort. Vexen probably found out. And, maybe based off the fact that Vexen and Xaldin were still comatose during Kingdom Hearts 3D. It might have some connection to Xehanort as they might be possible vessels for Xehanort.

Demyx, I don't think he knew he had a heart. I think he just liked to think he had one. And, also he was glad that Larxene got 'killed' at Castle Oblivion, because she was always making a fool of him.

Tomahawk

I think it's because of demyx's laziness he kinda just heard it while was goofing off

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But, the line after 'Oh, we do to have hearts don't be made'. He said to Sora, 'Silence traitor!'

I don't get what that has to do with Larxene being dead?

Nobodies believed they were pretending to have emotions, Demyx seemed to be fooling himself he had a Heart (or was talking about his lost heart), and there was the possibility he did grow one and didn't even know.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well, to be whole, the heartless has to be destroyed before the nobody. So who knows if his heartless was vanquished.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Gone, I believe.

Found it.

VIII. When the heartless are defeated, what becomes of the stolen hearts? Also, when members of Organization XIII and other Nobodies are defeated, do they return to their original form?

When heartless are defeated, essentially the owner's hearts are rejoined with their once extenguished body, whichever world it may be on. As for the whereabouts of hearts in KHII that turn up, this time they remarkably went to the Organization (there is a foot note here that says "In Kingdom Hearts II after heartless were defeated, the many hearts were absorbed by the Kingdom Hearts of "people's hearts"). However, in the rare case that the body changed into a Nobody and when there is no container for the heart, it resorts to a state of suspension.

In the case of a Nobody being defeated, it's a little more complicated. If the above mentioned hearts are liberated, they return to their original form. However, if the heart is still stolen by the heartless, the Nobody's body is swallowed by darkness. If somewhere in the world their hearts are taken back, perhaps they might be able to return to their original human form.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well i dont see why nomura would bring him back, he wasnt really relevant to the story. He wasnt an apprenctice and he cant be a member of the new organization since xemnas stated he was "weak of body". He cant be a seeker of darkness so there really is no more reason to be involved in the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back