• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did Malificent really care about Riku?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dcasd1

we all know big bad evil malificent from the kingdom hearts series. but do u think she really cared about riku in kingdom hearts 1? she gave him a weapon, she helped him get kairi, and she said she even thought of him as a son. do u think she was toying with him or could there be a soft side to the evil witch?

Musical charm

hmmm....I don't know, I'm strongly thinking that she was toying with him so that she could use his power to end up ruleing all of the worlds in darkness, or something like that, so she used him, well, thats my thought,

Dcasd1

nah she was most likely only using him to gain what she wanted

she could have but we have seen that malificent had a bit of a soft side before. in kh2 she saved sora's life twice....although she did it for her own purposes it was still a nice thing to do

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Looked like she way toying with him most of the time. She was probably helping him just to gain his trust and manipulate him for her own goals. She may have had a bit of a soft spot in giving him his own room and power but it may have tied into her getting what she wanted again.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
we all know big bad evil malificent from the kingdom hearts series. but do u think she really cared about riku in kingdom hearts 1? she gave him a weapon, she helped him get kairi, and she said she even thought of him as a son. do u think she was toying with him or could there be a soft side to the evil witch?

The weapon she gave him was supposed to be used in the disposing of the Keyblade Master.
Kairi was required as she was one of the 7 Princesses of Heart.
She simply told him that she felt of him as a son to havean excuse of helping him.
She played him from the get go.

Dcasd1

ok i got one more question if malificent was to actually get to kingdom hearts do u think she would have shared the power with the other disney villians or destroy them and take it for herself?

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
ok i got one more question if malificent was to actually get to kingdom hearts do u think she would have shared the power with the other disney villians or destroy them and take it for herself?

Considering that by the time you reached HB it was just her, she had no one to share it with.
Even if they were all still in existence, it wouldn't have mattered to her.

State

Awards
Well... Maleficent needed the keyblade to fulfill the majority of her plan. Riku had the potential to wield a keyblade. Riku, in that point, had a weak heart. Maleficent took advantage of this by promising him to give him the power to visit other worlds and recover Kairi's heart.

So, in summation, she used him.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Absolutely not. She used him to get what she wanted.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
You guys are talking about the Mistress of All Evil. No.

If she'd really cared about his happiness, she wouldn't have A) lied to him about Sora abandoning him for Donald and Goofy, or B) lied to him AGAIN about retrieving Kairi's heart. Nothing in her plans was going to benefit him in any way, and she made it sound like they would. That does not qualify as "caring for someone."

blueheart

Bronze Member
She tricked him to get the 7 princesses of heart, but I think he only hand delivered Jasmine. Didn't Riku not trust her too much though? That's what I thought, but at the same time he believed her about Sora abandoning him and about getting Kairi' heart back.?..Weird....
Though that scene where he's bowing to her, what was that about? And that weird look he had after she mentioned The Beast, what was that?....Guess I'm slow....whatever....

To answer the question, no, she didn't care about him. She just said that so Riku wouldn't get suspicious, didn't look like he fell for it though....

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
As far as Riku goes, I think he was trying to use Maleficent in the same way that she was using him. He thought that if he played his cards right, he'd find a way to save Kairi, and then they'd dump Maleficent and go home. It would explain why he said he didn't trust her, and yet still followed her around. He didn't trust that she "cared" about him and his happiness, but he DID trust that she had the power to get what he wanted.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
we all know big bad evil malificent from the kingdom hearts series. but do u think she really cared about riku in kingdom hearts 1?

Not really :/

she gave him a weapon, she helped him get kairi, and she said she even thought of him as a son. do u think she was toying with him or could there be a soft side to the evil witch?

She gave him a weapon so he could fight for her, essentially to do her dirty work. Also it was to gain his trust. Same goes for aquirring Kairi. She was pinpointing his weak spots in order for him to bend to her will. Also, Riku was using her in the same way she used him. He needed someone to sponsor him in order to prove he was better than Sora and "access" other worlds. Playing along as her lackey only allowed him to gain her trust so he could foil her in the end should he ever need to.

Then again, that's my opinion.

B

Bodaciously G

It's a small plausibility that Maleficent did somehow care for Riku like a son-like figure since until he was completely under the influence of Xehanort's Heartless, he remained her most loyal and trustworthy ally out of everyone who were her allies. He might have been using her to get Kairi but we may never really know for sure what they thought of one another.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The way I see it, both of them were using each other as pawns in their own game. Maleficent treated Riku nicely because she knew he could wield the Keyblade, which is essential to her plan, not to mention he would also go around doing the dirty work for her. I'd say it's pretty obvious that a person like Maleficent, who pretty much reeks evil, could not be trusted, and Riku's smart enough to know that. He went with her because she had the power to help him achieve his goals, and in the chance they were fulfilled, he would just use this newfound power against her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back