• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did Malificent really care about Riku?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I really don`t think either of them really cared about each other at all. To Malificent Riku was just a tool to be used to her advantage and I think Riku felt the same about Malificent.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
He might have been using her to get Kairi but we may never really know for sure what they thought of one another. [/FONT]

Well, Maleficent needed Kairi anyways since she was a Princess of Heart. Whether Riku was there or not didn't really affect it. The fact Riku was there allowed her to build his trust so she could continue to use him as a pawn in her game.

magic713

Awards
Riku was merely a means to an end for her.She saw potential in him and se tried to manipulate him just to further her own desires. Nothing more.

nicoleohbugga

Haha, ew. I hate when she like puts her hand on his cheek. I'm like BACK OFF! :mad: But no, I don't think she cared for him at all. She just wanted power.

robertexe

Have you ever read or seen the movie Narnia:The Lion,the Witch,and the Wardrobe ?

Edmund is tricked into thinking the Ice Witch actually cares about him because the Witch
promises him power and to make him Prince of Narnia. Of course she's just using him for
her evil plans. Similar to how Malefiecent used Riku,promising him power and his friends.

Makes you think if Nomura got his idea from this book

nicoleohbugga

Have you ever read or seen the movie Narnia:The Lion,the Witch,and the Wardrobe ?

Edmund is tricked into thinking the Ice Witch actually cares about him because the Witch
promises him power and to make him Prince of Narnia. Of course she's just using him for
her evil plans. Similar to how Malefiecent used Riku,promising him power and his friends.

Makes you think if Nomura got his idea from this book
Uh oh, he better not have.. But wasn't Edmund attracted to her first? I've only seen it once. Malefiecent had to make Riku join, right?

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
we all know big bad evil malificent from the kingdom hearts series. but do u think she really cared about riku in kingdom hearts 1? she gave him a weapon, she helped him get kairi, and she said she even thought of him as a son. do u think she was toying with him or could there be a soft side to the evil witch?

I don't think Maleficent gave a damn about Riku at all. She was trying to gain his trust so that she could use him to do her dirty work. Riku didn't trust her either, but he figured that as long as he played his cards right, she would get him the power he needed to save Kairi.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
No, she didn't care about Riku at all. The only reason she showed him any kindness is because he was USEFUL. He had the potential to be a powerful user of darkness, and Maleficent took advantage of that.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
She's an evil and kniving bi-, witch, and she would have done and or said whatever it took to get Riku to do what she wanted. And she did.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Since every one had pretty much answered the first question...

ok i got one more question if malificent was to actually get to kingdom hearts do u think she would have shared the power with the other disney villians or destroy them and take it for herself?

I think she would have shared some of it but she would keepet the vast majority of it for herself. The univerese is a big place so she would have needed some help in running it. The way I see it:

Malificent: "Queen" of the univerese
Everyone else: "Generals" working under Malificent, or some thing to that effect.

Vixx

Like you said "evil witch"
Anything "evil" wheather its in a game or movie tends to pick a weak point and play with their mind(tease it)
In this case, riku is the weakest, he wanted to be basically the best, the strongest, and have the girl, being in the darkness would grant him these abilities, thus making him treat the darkness as if it were a drug that he could not stop consuming, now that we have that out of the way, i think she was playing him, its obvious she does not care about him and after seeing how much she wants their hearts....plus, she was going to take riku's heart(cant remember if she did, havent played in a while)and make him one of her puppets...she did not get the girl for him, she used riku to get the girl for her.

FaithValor

Well I mostly think that she toyed with Riku and wanted him to be a left hand for her. Malificent always had this very dangerous tone in her voice when she spoke to Riku and about that tone you can't be mistaken. But when reading this topic I remembered a cutscene from Kingdom Hearts II where it seemed like Malificent actually helped Sora, Donald and Goofy. Maybe she did it to achieve her own goal, but I also started to think... did she help Sora so that he could find Riku?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back