• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you ever think that we all see colors differently?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked

absurdiam
This is actually based of a facebook group that I found.

I'm finding it hard to explain this so, if you understand what I'm getting at, share your thoughts.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
No. Considering that we are social creatures it would make little evolutionary sense to make our senses non-homogenous, it would make it harder to communicate. Only partially or totally colourblind people, or the kind that do see certain colours different to the majority, see colours differently.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Colors? As in, if I see one shade of red and call it dark, someone else can look at the same shade of red and consider it lighter?

Well... I can't really give valid examples since I have horrible eyesight and light sensitivity. But, I remember being little and when I would color in my pictures, some of my friends couldn't pinpoint where I changed pencils to a different kind of green or yellow. It was odd but, I never thought much of it.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
This is the most basic bullshit pseudo-philosophical thing that every 15 year old comes up with one day to feel like they're deep

the short answer is "no"
the long answer is "no, shut up"

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I also forgot to add it would make little sense to not see the world as close to as it actually is, given that if everyone saw colours differently there would be those nonsensically placed at a disadvantage.

Wicked

absurdiam
I see. That's true.

But what if I saw a blue pencil as blue, and that's what you see; a blue pencil. But if I could actually go inside your head, it was yellow. You call it blue because that's what you've been taught "This color is blue".

I seriously don't know if that makes sense at all. But it's worth a shot.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I see. That's true.

But what if I saw a blue pencil as blue, and that's what you see; a blue pencil. But if I could actually go inside your head, it was yellow. You call it blue because that's what you've been taught "This color is blue".

You are mistaking being color blinded for something else.

Wicked

absurdiam
Well, that puts it all in perspective for me. Thanks. I guess I never really thought about it the right way. I obviously didn't have enough knowledge.

So based of that knowledge it would be almost impossible?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I see. That's true.

You mean, the definition of color?

Nope, we're all pretty much taught the same thing. Each color's name is matched to its wavelength. If you think a color that is blue isn't blue, then that is a separate issue (one involving a strong stubbornness and denial).

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
I wasn't talking about being color blind. I think I'm confusing everyone, sorry.

We can stop until I can explain it better.

I think I understand what you're saying.
For example, the sky is blue on a cloudless day. I think what you're trying to say is that we say it's blue because we were taught that that color is blue, but what if it was another color in the sense that what if we were taught to say that the sky is yellow or orange, giving the colors a different connotation.

Wicked

absurdiam
On that wiki article it says that color is based of light, so color should have the same effect of everyone. Putting aside color blind etc people because there eye's would effect the way they see color.

For example, the sky is blue on a cloudless day. I think what you're trying to say is that we say it's blue because we were taught that that color is blue, but what if it was another color in the sense that what if we were taught to say that the sky is yellow or orange, giving the colors a different connotation.

Very similar to that. People say the sky is blue, so no matter what color they see it as...it's blue.

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
On that wiki article it says that color is based of light, so color should have the same effect of everyone. Putting aside color blind etc people because there eye's would effect the way they see color.

just ignore what I just said then if that's what you meant.
I'm just a dumbass.lettuce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back