• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you ever think that we all see colors differently?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked

absurdiam
Yeah, I was getting at something very similar to what you were saying. It's one of those things that you get, but can't explain. Because it makes perfect sense in my head.

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
I totaly get what your saying. I was wondering the same thing a while ago. Like, I see blue, and I call it blue because I've grown up knowing it was blue. someone else looks at the same color and sees it as what I would call red, but they call it blue too becuase thats what they've learned.

I'd say it's not too likely though.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
It's a nice thought, but it would make everything moot anyway.

Also, if it were actually true, then it would totally screw up the art world. Nothing would work if everyone perceived colors differently.

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
I totaly get what your saying. I was wondering the same thing a while ago. Like, I see blue, and I call it blue because I've grown up knowing it was blue. someone else looks at the same color and sees it as what I would call red, but they call it blue too becuase thats what they've learned.

I'd say it's not too likely though.

Yeah, I don't think it's too likely either, since we're all taught mostly the same thing regarding colors and such.

Wicked

absurdiam
It's a nice thought, but it would make everything moot anyway.

Also, if it were actually true, then it would totally screw up the art world. Nothing would work if everyone perceived colors differently.

I was literally just thinking that. It wouldn't work.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Even if you saw 'red' when you thought of blue, from how people describe it you would know you aren't seeing the right thing. Purple is darker then Yellow and Orange is lighter then Red. You can't really change that unless you can't tell light from dark.

I was thinking more along the lines of minor things. :< Like... shades or hues. But, that could be due to eye problems.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
It's impossible for that to ever happen. Our eyes are like triangle prisms, we see colors for what the light bouncing off of them represents.

The color blind simply do not have these prisms.

That's simplistic terms.....

Wicked

absurdiam
Thank you, but I know this now. haha. I didn't before starting this thread, hence why I did it. But I learned something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back