• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think KH would have been better?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think KH would be better without Disney?

• Yes

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Noooo

Votes: 36 36.7%
  • Fuck what?

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • Your stupid.

Votes: 43 43.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
i don't think the characters have anything to do with how well a game plays. it's how well the developers make the storyline and gameplay. though i'd prefer kingdom hearts the way it is.

Diastyl

Maybe it would have been better if they made other worlds that are new besides Traverse Town, Twilight Town, TWTNW, and Hollow Bastion. Something with an original story, but I wouldn't want the Disney worlds to be fully eradicated from the game

TerraFTW!

I think "The World Ends With You" Is probably the best example of how successful Kingdom Hearts would be without Disney

Rix

:)
Awards
No. It wouldn't have been KH without the Disney parts.

Macabre

Gold Member
Do you think the games would have been better if it didnt have Disney Worlds in it, and made its own ideas, and creations?

Maybe, maybe not.
Maybe the story would have been much deeper and complex or maybe it'd just be very simple.
But like the others have said, it's fine as it is.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
i think you can see your answer based on the poll results.

majority rules - no Disney = bad idea.

Disney is part of what makes Kingdom Hearts so good. it helps make you feel like you have a connection to the story (if you've seen all the movies before). you laugh at how the characters have hardly changed since the last movie you've seen them in. and...

Mickey + Yoda-like abilities = Epic win.

Escaping Light

no kingdom hearts is perfect the way it is

As someone else said, I wouldn't exactly call it perfect.
EXAMPLE: Atlantica in KHII WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?

Also, I'm sure that as you were playing the games, you thought to yourself, "Damn, it'd be SO sick if it had *insert desire here* along with *insert preexisting part of KH* because that would be amazing!

We've all done it.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
I think KH could have been a very good game without Disney, and maybe even a better one if all the worlds had been very well done, as well as the character. It may have been successful, although less without a doubt looking at Disney and FF being what made most peoples try this game.

I'm saying yes if they could have kept each original world at the level of those existing and created a lot more OC.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Yeah I mean Disney took the back story in COM and Days but I thought they were still good, although I would have liked to see more of it of course.........but I didn't think it was bad, I love both of them

It wasn't horrible, no. Just disappointing when compared to KH1.
They used Disney the wrong way by making them so unnecessary, particularly in Days, less so in CoM, but still. But, like I said, BBS looks like it's going back to the roots and doing it right.

No.
Probably be just a stand-alone game and not be as successful as it is now. May or may not have made so many games depending on how the first one would've done. And what Raz said about the Disney being used in the right way. Without the Disney, may not feel as young in a way.

KH without Disney wouldn't be KH, IMO.
SE just needs to look back and see what worked, and what didn't.

I think "The World Ends With You" Is probably the best example of how successful Kingdom Hearts would be without Disney

The only thing similar is character design. The plots are totally different.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Well, I would've never heard of or touched KH if there was no Disney.

Though it depends, KH does need more original worlds, but if they pull it off, then great, though I'm a very nostalgic person. But without the Disney, KH would (sort of, since it's still Sora's story) be another FF.

KH with no Disney... isn't KH. You wouldn't feel the childish part of you, and for me, KH is my escape from the Disney shit on TV nowadays, (ewwwwwwww hannah)

Now, KH without FF would make it better, IMO.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH just wouldn't be KH to me without the Disney aspect. KH1 did a great job with Disney, but KH2 seemed a bit flat. CoM did pretty good as well imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back