• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Doctor Who | Jodie Whittaker as The Doctor

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Re: Doctor Who| RIP John Hurt

Oddly enough, I had finally got around to doing a full-series watch of Merlin, and had just watched the episode where the dragon is released the day before he died. Rest in peace.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Re: Doctor Who | Series 10: 4/15

[video=youtube;PbJqNa0_Oz0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbJqNa0_Oz0[/video]

Getting so close to Series 10. Wishing I had a Tardis so I could get to next Saturday already.
Also, that moment at the end when it looked like his regeneration was starting: :'(

Spoiler Spoiler Show

SnowBunny

Re: Doctor Who | RIP John Hurt

Wait Doctor Who is back next Saturday?...that's what I get for not paying attention!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Re: Doctor Who | Series 10

Really liked "The Pilot;" and this episode would be a really good jumping-on point for introducing people to Doctor Who. (Otherwise I say "Rose," or "The 11th Hour" are other good jumping-on points.) It's good at getting the audience up to speed since it's also introducing all the shows concepts to the new companion as well.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Overall I really liked this first episode, and can't wait for more. Is there anything anyone is really excited for this season and/or really hopes happens?

SnowBunny

Overall I enjoyed this first episode quite a bit. It wasn't anything special but it did its job on introducing us to the new companion and starting the series off. Already in this first episode I'm finding myself liking Bill way more than Clara. There were only these small moments where I thought she wasn't reacting like a normal person would, but that's a problem I generally have with the way Moffat writes his characters so I can ignore it to a degree. I'll give her a few episodes to see how I really feel about her but so far so good.

Honestly I don't really have any big hopes or expectations for this new series. All I want is to enjoy it as I haven't really liked the past few series. Which I think is partially blamed on my not liking Clara very much so with Bill now here hopefully that will change.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards

I haven't watched since the Matt Smith days (Not that I have anything against Capaldi. Even like the guy from other shows - I just lost interest in the show). I do find some of the areas pretty bizarre, however. Watching a trailer, did I actually see them have a character respond to a robot with thumbs up lights as 'emojis'? Shudder. Still, maybe I'll catch up one day.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

I haven't watched since the Matt Smith days (Not that I have anything against Capaldi. Even like the guy from other shows - I just lost interest in the show). I do find some of the areas pretty bizarre, however. Watching a trailer, did I actually see them have a character respond to a robot with thumbs up lights as 'emojis'? Shudder. Still, maybe I'll catch up one day.
For what they were used for, I thought the emoji-bots actually worked out pretty well (they're in the second episode).

Series 10 is actually a really good jumping-on point if you want to see what's going on in the show now, and it's only three episodes in so far. If you like what you see of Capaldi then you could go back and watch more of 12's run from series 8 and 9.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com

Um, first of all, Mite, your avatar looks diddlyING AWESOME.
Second, I'm actually really enjoying series 10 so far. I was very worried about it when the special came out (I mean...come on).
And I was worried that Bill would be a companion that just kind of slipped through the cracks and the writers were like "okay, I guess" but she brings a certain humanity to the show that not many companions have done since Donna Noble.
The first episode was "meh" to me, but then the second and third episodes? Oh my God those were good! I loved the second one especially! I mean, to be honest I didn't have much hope because it looked like they were scraping the bottom of the barrel with the emoji bots, but that entire episode had me glued to my screen!
The third episode was a little less so, but it definitely got my blood pumping to see the Doctor punch diddlying racist. And I really do love it that they're not above child-killing, because let me tell you those can be very poignant.

Last edited:

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, as the season's gone on I've had mixed feelings of sorts. All of the episodes have been really good to me, but as we get closer to the end I'm sad that Capaldi's time as the Doctor is getting that much closer to ending.

BUT, with two episodes left next week's has got me so pumped!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Really neat! Glad to finally see a woman as The Doctor.

Now I'm going to back out of this topic until next week when I'm home and can watch the rest of the season.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
All the tears of those angry sustain me.
Bring on a female Doctor! Wooo!

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
This thread will probably go dormant until the Christmas special, so here's the trailer to look forward to it:
[video=youtube;YCkDXegqjR0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCkDXegqjR0[/video]

Capaldi looks to be going out on a really good multi-Doctor story here. I hope that when the 60th anniversary, or whatever the next multi-doctor story is that comes around, he comes back and calls Jodie's 13th Doctor "granny" or something to that effect. I'd find that pretty funny, lol.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
I can't believe people are upset at the idea of a female Doctor. Strangely enough, some of those people are the same ones who like that The Master turned into Missy. When it's the main character, that suddenly means it "goes against decades of established lore" lol k. The Doctor should always be played by the person fit for the job, regardless of gender or race. That's what makes the character fun.

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I feel like whenever there's a new Doctor, people dislike them at first, then they warm up to them, then they eventually become their favorite and they don't want them to go. At least that's what it feels like. So yeah, they might not like her at first but surely they will with time. It depends on how well she's written I guess. We shouldn't judge until we see her in action.

Last edited:

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
It's coming up on the Doctor who Christmas Special. I am truly interested in seeing how they're gonna have the first Doctor and Twelfth interact with each other and what sort of story they're gonna be involved in, leading up to the Thirteenth's reveal.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Got a preview of the Christmas special today so, obviously, spoilers below.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

D

Deleted member 246005

I saw the season premiere yesterday.

I thought it was great.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I saw the season premiere yesterday.

I thought it was great.
Yeah, first episode I've seen since Capaldi and Moffat made the show impossible to enjoy, and it delivered. There are still some things I hope they'll rein in like the pacing (that last dramatic thrust near the end really didn't stick for me) and keeping the Doctor likable (the emphasis on friendship and family is a good start), but Chris has a good track record with Broadchurch and Jodie's pretty natural in the part so, yeah. It'd be nice to feel that itch to watch the show again, although it'll be tough to get as invested as the Tennant/Davies era or even Smith's first series.

The opening sequence is real sexy though.

Back