• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Empathy with Charecters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar

Bronze Member
So, this is something that has been with me for awhile. I have always been able to empathize with the characters from KH. That basically means that you can feel that one characters emotions and feel what they are feeling.

There are many characters I can empathize with, but my main one would have to be Sora. I just feel like it is up to me to save a bunch of my friends who are all connected to me. Also Roxas, and Ventus, but I will explain that shit later.

I am sure I am not alone in this. So I was wondering, can any of you guys/gals empathize with any of the characters? If so, which one and why??

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
me and kairi are like tight like THIS [] that amount of space, that's how tight me and kairi are

she's the best :3
ever.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Terra and Riku.

No explanation because I'm too lazy to type one up at the moment :p

Maxyli138

Sora because I understand that he worries about his friends and wants to save them, but at the same time help the people he meets along the way. He's confused about Riku turning to the darkness, but is so loyal to him that he will do anything to get him back. (Even when Repliku tries to kill Sora, he gets all bent out of shape when Namine shatters his heart. That's true friendship right there.)

Namine because I understood that she was so lonely that she would obey the organization and manipulate Sora's memories. Then she feels extremely guilty for hurting Sora and does all she can to fix her mistakes. It makes me wonder what I would do in that situation.

Roxas because he is so confused about who he really is, and no one will give him the truth. So he leaves to find the truth himself, which is what I would do. And he seems so human that I can feel what he does. Pain, confusion, sadness, anger, worry, and on the rare occasion, happiness. He's selfish enough to free Kingdom Hearts and find Sora to get back Xion, yet selfless enough to return to Sora and make things right.

Riku because I understand his secret jealousy of Sora, and goes into the darkness looking for more strength. Riku is another example of acting just as a human would act. His anger lead him to destroying his home and losing his friends, but at the end realizes what he is done and feels deep remorse. He's afraid to face the ones he hurt, fearing rejection and anger after all that he's done. But he remains strong, and from Days to the end of KHII he really shows how loyal he is to his friends and how much he is willing to sacrifice to save them all.

I could empathize with many other characters, these are just the four I can understand the best.

Xammag

I empathized very easily with all of Org. 13 and Roxas. Even if some of them had more devious plans, at their cores, they are still only remantns of a complete person trying to find a purpose. I always feel for Saix in that "Where is my heart?" line. And fading from existence is some pretty serious stuff.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Sora.

Can't explain why, but I absolutely love noble and just main characters. It puts a smile on my face. He shares many characteristics that many of my other favorite characters outside of KH (Goku, Luffy) also have. I can see a little bit of myself in Sora as well. I'm generally happy go lucky and an all around goof ball.

Last edited:

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
Isa/Saix. I went through the same friendship problems that Isa went through, and it does hurt to lose your only best friend, the one best friend that's been your BFFL since childhood. I understand because the relationship I had with my best of the best friends is a relationship like no other. I mean what we had and shared with each other was just so special, heck we could have been born sisters. Literally, we were even friends while we were still in pampers. And then I changed, and my relationship with her has been questionable since. I don't know if she still considers me a best friend or not, and I get afraid to ask because I think it's retarded to do so. I've been meaning to call her lately.

Namine. The relationship she has with DiZ is akin to the relationship I have with my father. Usually I don't mind and don't care about his constant criticisms since he's naturally inclined to prefer logic more than emotions, but sometimes it can get to me so much that I begin to feel so let down. There are times where he'll be sarcastic about certain topics as well, which can get annoying. I could go on more about this, but then it would be getting too TMI for me at this point.

Terra. To have the people he cares most about constantly beat him down and think that he's wrong and what he does is wrong can be such a downer to one's spirit. I understand where he's coming from; he's like Namine and me in terms of sensitivity and idealism. He's also too hard on himself at times, which is like me. Man, I think I share a lot of similar personality traits with Terra.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Sora, Riku, Kairi (a bit), Aqua, Ven, Terra (kinda), Xemnas (if my theory is correct), Axel and Roxas (though we had a bad start)

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Sora, Riku, Xion, Namine, to name the top choices. Part of why they're my favorites, too.
No matter how complicated or emo or what the hell they get, their basic concepts are very humane and 'close to home'. The will to be there for your friends; jealousy for your friends, and the will to make amends once you wronged your friends; the fear of losing those friends, and placing them first; the fear of being alone. It's like each of these four characters embodies one aspect of friendship and basic human interaction that just really got to me, regardless of how 'extreme' the execution those aspects got in the games.

Princess-Sammi

I identify with Aqua because she was only trying to help her friends, but they misinterpreted and ostracised her. I completely identify with being ostracised; it always happens to me even when I'm being a good person towards people I consider to be "friends".

Last edited:

White-Light

I can empathize with Namine, Sora and Terra.

Namine because I can understand her loneliness and desperate want for a friend, someone who would care for her and take her away from the situation shes stuck in. Then after she reliases her mistakes, she works hard to right the wrongs she has created. Even after she has undone her mistakes she still holds some guilt of hurting someone important to her. I felt truly lonely during my first year of secondary school and just wanted someone to be there for me.

Sora because of his want to always be there for his friends and to protect them. He never gives up on his friends no matter what. Although he is generally happy go lucky, I can understand the internal conflict he felt during Riku's fall into darkness. For a friend to act in such a way and not understand why.

Sora because I understand that he worries about his friends and wants to save them, but at the same time help the people he meets along the way. He's confused about Riku turning to the darkness, but is so loyal to him that he will do anything to get him back. (Even when Repliku tries to kill Sora, he gets all bent out of shape when Namine shatters his heart. That's true friendship right there.)

Namine because I understood that she was so lonely that she would obey the organization and manipulate Sora's memories. Then she feels extremely guilty for hurting Sora and does all she can to fix her mistakes. It makes me wonder what I would do in that situation.

Roxas because he is so confused about who he really is, and no one will give him the truth. So he leaves to find the truth himself, which is what I would do. And he seems so human that I can feel what he does. Pain, confusion, sadness, anger, worry, and on the rare occasion, happiness. He's selfish enough to free Kingdom Hearts and find Sora to get back Xion, yet selfless enough to return to Sora and make things right.

Riku because I understand his secret jealousy of Sora, and goes into the darkness looking for more strength. Riku is another example of acting just as a human would act. His anger lead him to destroying his home and losing his friends, but at the end realizes what he is done and feels deep remorse. He's afraid to face the ones he hurt, fearing rejection and anger after all that he's done. But he remains strong, and from Days to the end of KHII he really shows how loyal he is to his friends and how much he is willing to sacrifice to save them all.

I could empathize with many other characters, these are just the four I can understand the best.

100% agree with you i couldn't have said it better i empathize with all of these characters and for basically the same reason you did

Radar

Bronze Member
Those are some really good replies. Thanks guys I am really glad I made this thread and got to hear all of your relations with the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back