• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

English Cutscene Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
So DChiuch and several others have been uploading videos of the English Days.

"Who else will I have ice cream with?!"

:/

They butchered some lines, but I guess that's what happens when you're too lazy to lip sync.
Also, did Jesse McCartney develop a lisp or something?
He also sounds a bit dispassionate in some scenes:

Doesn't sound anywhere near as angry as Roxas actually looks.
But other than that- as far as all of the other VAs go, they sound great.

Xion sounds a lot better than my first impression of her (in the English trailer) suggested.

(Don't ask about the Japanese subtitles.)

Allister Rose

French Lover
sounds pretty nice. i dont like her voice when she sounds worried though, other than that, it sounds really good. (her name in english throws me off every time)

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
Why are there Japanese subtitles? =O

*cough*

Anyway, I'm not too fond of the "Who else will I have ice cream with?!" line. But, Alyson Stoner did a better job on Xion then I thought she would.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
xion to me sounds a little monotonish.
aww i like roxas's voice but he could have done better.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Xion surprised me. I was used to the high pitched voice in japenese... Anyway, McCartney wasn't horrible but he wasn't great either. And the 'ice cream' line actually made me lol in a very sad scene...

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
"Who else will I have ice cream with?!"

:/

Heh, I'll admit that I cracked up at that line; out of all the things he could have said to Xion while she was dying in his arms, the first thing that came to his mind was ice cream.

A

Azrael

Heh, I'll admit that I cracked up at that line; out of all the things he could have said to Xion while she was dying in his arms, the first thing that came to his mind was ice cream.

Roxas is so heartless. He only cares about Ice Cream. More so than Kairi clone who's Sora clone and Pyro faggot.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Roxas is so heartless. He only cares about Ice Cream. More so than Kairi clone who's Sora clone and Pyro faggot.

Not to mention gluttonous; were this game true to the actual laws of nutrition, Roxas would be morbidly obese from all of that ice cream.

But anyways, just something that occured to me, during the opening cutscene, did George C. Cole's Xemnas voice sound a touch deeper, or is that just the way I perceive it? It isn't necessarily a bad change, but there is a difference between how he sounds there and how he sounds in KHII.

A

Azrael

Not to mention gluttonous; were this game true to the actual laws of nutrition, Roxas would be morbidly obese from all of that ice cream.

But anyways, just something that occured to me, during the opening cutscene, did George C. Cole's Xemnas voice sound a touch deeper, or is that just the way I perceive it? It isn't necessarily a bad change, but there is a difference between how he sounds there and how he sounds in KHII.

But KH doesn't follow the real world's laws. After having a childish voice, Sora suddenly skipped puberty and had a deep voice.

I'm not complaining. Xemnas sounds sexier like that. He's Seman's Nobody!

Sora1915

Bronze Member
Ok, I'm not the only one who thinks the noises Roxas makes while the guardian is choking him sound sorta....wrong right? >>; Even my mom thought they sounded kinda awkward.....

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
Ok, I'm not the only one who thinks the noises Roxas makes while the guardian is choking him sound sorta....wrong right? >>; Even my mom thought they sounded kinda awkward.....

That's because Roxas isn't in pain.
ifyouknowwhatimean

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Oh my gosh. I peed myself when Roxas said "who will I eat ice cream with?"
Hahahaha. Wonderful performance from Xion, but WOW. That line is sooo out of place.

Diastyl

I actually should agree, Roxas doesn't sound angry at all

and Xion........well, she's pretty okay with me but I still wish that Hayden Panettiere would voice Xion instead....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back