• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► First Fanfic! w00t!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

lv_kh0720

Zetsumi said:
For a first fanfic, it's very well done, especially considering you havn't played KH. An accurate and enthralling description of the Destiny Islands scene, if abeit unoriginal. I'm still reading the next few chapters, but I have to say, that you have made a strong start.

Heh. Made me laugh.

"unoriginal" is one thing some people always complain about, I'm agree with Zetsumi, coz I won't comment if I think this fic is not intersting or I haven't read it yet

Now forget those "formal" words, GREAT CHAPPIES! GIVE ME MORE YAY

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
thankyou for the comments!
yay, L337 is back :D
*hands out celebratory cookies*
and now for the chappy!

Chapter Thirteen

It must have been the King's room. Everything was perfect, nothing out of place. It looked like no expense had been spared in the lavish surroundings. There was a small, navy couch against one wall. It was decorated with a silky blue throw, and comfortable-looking pillows. Kairi led Sora over and sat him down, crinkling the perfect sprawl of the throw, crumpling its smooth sheen.

Kairi squatted down on the floor before him, on a thick, soft, dark blue carpet. It was gentle against her bony knees. She rested her hands on his thights.

"Sora," her voice was gentle, unthreatening, calm. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?!" he shouted, completely out of character. "You're asking me what's wrong?" He shook his head, sighing. "Kairi, I've found out that my best friend is in serious danger. I've found out that this "New Generation" wants me for some reason, and I've found out that they're after my girlfriend too." He lifted his head. "And you still can't see what's wrong?" Kairi stuttered, trying to explain herself. She knew it wasn't him talking. It was his mixed up emotions taking over, spilling out of his body. He waited a few moments, then continued.

"I'm scared, ok Kairi?" his voice was shaky and quiet. "I'm scared they'll come after you. I'm scared to think about what will happen then. I'm scared I'll never see Riku again, I don't even want to think about what he's going through now. And I'm scared that..." He stopped mid-sentence.

"What?" Kairi looked at him with longing eyes.

"I'm scared that..." he avoided her gaze. "I'm scared that there's nothing I can do about it. What if i can't protect you? What if I'm too late to find Riku?" Kairi reached up to stroke his face with one hand.

"Shh," she comforted him. "Sora, you're the keyblade master. If anyone can protect me, you can. I feel safer around you than anywhere else."

"What about Riku?" he asked. "He's all alone."

"Riku?" she said. "You don't have to worry about anything," she smiled. "He's tough, capable of looking after himself until you get there." She sat up on her knees, so that her face was parallel with his. His eyes were glassy with tears. His whole body was quivering with fear. Kairi wrapped her arms around him, trying to hold him still, reassure him. "I'm here now. Everything will be fine." He squeezed her tightly. Her mind raced, trying to think of something to lift his spirits, to take his mind off things. Well, until they reached Square-One. She smiled.

"Your girlfriend?" she giggled. She could feel the warmth radiating from his pink face.

"Uh," Sora was a little embarrassed. "Well... Uh, if you want to be." Grinning, Kairi nodded.

"Of course," her grin was from ear to ear. "I thought I already was, I mean, with the paopu and everything." She played with her necklace. Sora's necklace.

"I thought I should ask," he said, admiring her perfect face. "I was going to, but that kinda..."

"Slipped out," Kairi finished his sentence. "It's ok." She smiled as he kissed her cheek. "I wouldn't have it any other way." Sora smiled as she held him closely, her arms tightly wrapped around his waist.

"I love you," he whispered. "I won't let anything happen to you." He kissed her again, lingering on her soft lips. He ran his fingers through her glossy hair. Sora loved the feel of her red hair. He pulled her body closer. His kisses were harder, more passionate. He felt Kairi smiling as she kissed him back. Nothing could ruin the moment, to them, it was bliss.

BOOM!

don't worry, they won't be going any further than that in this fan-fic... sorry to disappoint you if that's what you like.... o_O
let me know about the description (rooms, people etc) in the chappys, is it realistic?
comments please!

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
i know, not to mention ridiculously over-hyped and in a constant sugar rush....
as much as i hate to say it, the cookie intake needs to be lowered :( *cries hysterically*

Chapter Fourteen

Sora and Kairi tumbled to the floor in a heap, landing mangled on the soft carpet. At least it broke their fall. Sora pulled himself up, then helped Kairi up too.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Yeah," she nodded. "But what was that?"

"I'm not sure," he shrugged. "I just hope it wasn't a meteor..." He trailed off.

"Why not?" Kairi asked, curious. Maybe it was better she didn't know.

"If a meteor hits us with enough force," he explained, "it can knock Gummi blocks straight off." Sora's expression was serious. She didn't bother asking if that was bad, his face said all she needed to know. Kairi was suddenly paranoid. At that point, King Mickey burst through the door.

"Are you two ok?" he asked, concerned.

"Yeah," Kairi replied. "Do you know what that was?"

"A meteor," he said. "And a big one at that. We're going to have to land at Disney Castle. It's quite close, so it shouldn't be too much hassle. We'll set off again once the Gummi blocks have all been replaced." Sora nodded.

"Ok," he said as he took Kairi's hand, squeezing it gently. He led her back into the cockpit. Donald and Goofy were beginning the emergency landing procedures. They felt the whole ship begin to tremble. It suddenly jolted violently, throwing everyone but Donald and Goofy to the floor. They were securely fastened to their seats. Donald turned around to face everyone else.

"We're breaking into the atmosphere!" he cried. "The Gummi blocks that were destroyed were part of the insulation system. It's gonna be real hot in here soon. Brace yourselves, these jolts are gonna continue too."

The ship jolted again, but much harder this time. Kairi, Sora, and King Mickey were thrown around like rag dolls, unable to control themselves. The temperature soared, becoming more intense. It was difficult to breathe, with the heat increasing and the thrashing all going on at once.

Kairi felt like her skin was on fire. Her head was spinning, and her stomach was doing somersaults. Her face was as white as a sheet. It got hotter and hotter, wilder and wilder. The shaking was getting worse. Kairi's head was spinning. Although she was on the floor, she still felt herself wobbling all over the place. Her whole body quivered. Sweat poured from her forehead.

"S...Sora," she mumbled. "I'm dizzy, I don't feel so good..." Sora pulled her closer. He looked up through the windows. They were hurtling through the clouds. It wasn't going to be much longer until they were back on the ground. "Come on, you can do this!" He encouraged her. But Kairi had gone weak. She could barely shake her head in response, even though the temperature was finally coming back down. Sora felt her head.

"Kairi!" he shouted. But, she was drifting away. Unresponsive. Out of conscious thought. Her tiny body was motionless in his arms, she was barely breathing.

Kairi heard voices, swimming up through her watery mind. She tried to cry for help, but she felt paralysed in the infinite darkness. Then, silence.

let me know how this is.
comments please ^-^

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
thankyou dd, by the way, i love your sig! :)
i'm sorry but the chappy won't be up for another day or so :( i have stuff i need to be doing tonight, and i don't think i'll be online tomorrow...
by the way, i've been looking back, and i need to ask a question. is there enough description? there used to be a lot in the first few chappies, and it sorta... stopped. let me know!

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
L337 kybldmstr said:
GASP! KAIRI CAN"T DIE! NOT NOW! Great update! Honestly, we need a fanclub for this, sweetheart . . .

awww, thankyou! great to see you back here by the way, haven't talked in a while!
well, since i'm here, i guess i should put you out of your misery.
thanks for the comment dd, was just making sure!

Chapter Fifteen

Pure, white light. Perfect silence. A gentle breeze. It felt pleasant. Comfort... All around. For a split second, deep darkness. Then the light again.

Kairi blinked again. Shapeless blobs were beginning to take form.

She blinked, rubbing her eyes. Everything was visible to her now. A chair. Next to it, a small chest of drawers. On the right wall, a huge double window that went straight up from the floor the the ceiling. Either side were long, floaty, translucent curtains. They billowed in the gentle early morning breeze through the open windows. Next to her, a small, white table. On it, a single pink rose in a glass. It stood out in the heavenly white room - it was the only colour she'd seen so far. Kairi looked up to the high ceiling. There was a crystal lampshade suspended at the centre of the room. It swayed lightly in the breeze, sending the light showering down as tiny rainbows. The whole room seemed... angelic.

She looked to her left. An equally heavenly sight - Sora.

Slumped over a white armchair, he dribbled as he slept. Mouth wide open, making snuffling sounds. He seemed quite content, lying there.

"What's going on?" she thought. "Where am I?"

Although she felt guilty about waking him up, she just had to find out what was going on.

Kairi tried to lift her arm, to tap his knee, to wake him from his slumber. But she felt... weak. She could barely move. In a panic, she tried to scream, but nothing happened. Trying her hardest to form sounds, she stuttered.

"S... So..." she stammered, trying to make herself heard over the intimidating silence. "Sora!"

He slowly opened his eyes. He seemed exhausted. His movements were lethargic, his expression dazed and confused. He yawned loudly. Stretching, he suddenly realised what had happened. Scrambling off the chair, he kneeled at the bedside.

"Kairi! You're awake!" he seemed overjoyed to see her. Almost relieved. "Thank goodness you're alright!" Kairi was puzzled.

"Wha... What are you talking about?" she said slowly. Words were easier now.

"Can't you remember anything?" he questioned, worried.

"I remember being on the Gummi Ship..." she said. "But, I think I blacked out..."

"The ship was damaged," he explained to her, "and some Gummi blocks were knocked off. We had to make an emergency landing, but due to the damage, re-entry was very hard. The temperature skyrocketed, and you didn't do so well. All the shaking didn't help either. You just slipped away." Kairi slowly nodded.

"So... where are we?" she asked.

"Disney Castle," he replied. "King Mickey called for a doctor as soon as we landed. He said the heat and the thrashing around completely exhausted you. That's why you blacked out." He took her hand.

"Ok..." Kairi took in every word.

"You'll be fine after a good rest," he smiled. "King Mickey says we can't leave until you're better and the ship is repaired. I'm just glad you're ok." He kissed her forehead softly. "How are you feeling?"

"I can't move much," she said quietly, "and I'm really tired." He smiled, lifting her messed up hair from her perfect face.

"Me too," he said, "I stayed awake as long as I could. I wanted to make sure you were alright." Kairi smiled. She yawned. All of this talking had exhausted her.

"That's so sweet," she yawned. "I'm sorry, but I think I need to go back to sleep. I mean, if that's ok."

"Of course it is," he smiled. "Can I join you?"

Kairi looked at him, thought a moment. Nodded. Pleased, Sora got up onto the bed. He didn't disturb the sheets by getting in with her, he just lay over them. He wanted her to be comfortable where she was. He wanted to protect her as she rested.

Sora lay on his side, facing her. He curled one arm tightly around her, holding her close. Kairi smiled. She felt safer in his arms, and began to drift away again.

"Sweet dreams...."

a day early :) i didn't realise i'd be back so soon!
cc please ^-^

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
L337 kybldmstr said:
Wonder if Mickey really has gone to get a doctor . . . excellent work!

he already did, a mouse has to do what a mouse has to do! :)
thanks! by the way L337, can i add you to my friends list? you too, DD!

Chapter Sixteen

Creeeeeeeak...

Sora woke with a start. On edge after all of the events in the Gummi Ship, he readied himself to defend Kairi. The New Generation were after her, whoever they were, and he couldn't afford to take any chances. Kairi lay sleeping peacefully by his side, her body gently rising and falling as she breathed. Lost in the blissful world of her dreams, she smiled as she slept. There was no way he was going to let anyone near her. "They'll never get you," he thought. "Not if I can do anything about it."

Creeeeeeeak....

There it was again. He recognised the sound. The door was being opened. He slowly sat up in the bed. Summoned the Keyblade. He was ready. He leapt from the bed without hesitation, pouncing on whatever had opened the door.

"SORA!" it quacked. "It's me!"

Sora looked down on the 'dangerous intruder'. He was greeted by Donald's frown. Sora scrambled around on top of him, getting up as fast as he could.

"Heh, good afternoon Donald," he laughed nervously. "Sorry, I thought you were going to..." He glanced back at Kairi, who was still sound asleep. She must have been really tired to be able to sleep through Donald's unmistakable shriek. Donald rubbed another red lump in his feathers.

"That's becoming an awful habit," he muttered to himself. "The King needs to speak to you immediately." Again, Sora looked back at Kairi, asleep in the cloud-like comfort of the bed.

"But what about Kairi?" he whispered. "Shouldn't someone be here with her?" Donald shook his head.

"Nah," he said. "Disney Castle is protected with powerful magic. She'll be safe here."

"Well..." Sora seemed unsure. After hearing of the New Generation, he was fiercely protective of Kairi. He was wary of leaving her alone for too long, especially now that she was weaker. She was even more vulnrable in that condition. He nodded slowly. "If you're sure."

"Yes," Donald reassured him. "I'm sure you won't be long." Sora looked back at Kairi one last time, and followed Donald out of the room.

The breeze from the open window slammed the door shut behind them. It woke Kairi. She sat up in the bed. The loud noise had given her a fright. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes, her dreams still lingering in her mind. She looked to her side. Sora was gone. "Again?" she thought. Suddenly, she stopped. She could move. The rest must have increased her mobility back to normal. The few hours asleep had done wonders for her exhausted body. "That's good," she smiled. Refreshed, she was noticing more of her surroundings. The pink rose on her bedside was still there. Next to it, a little square of card.

"To Kairi," she read aloud. "Love, Sora." She smiled even more. She moved to the edge of the bed.

"I guess I better go look for Sora."

sorry for the short chappy :)
comments please!

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
aww, thankyou, i feel so loved lol :)
ill add you right after i'm finished this chappy!

Chapter Seventeen

Kairi peeked her head out of the door and into what seemed like a neverending corridor. Left. Right. There was no sign of anyone, anywhere. The hallway was silent, far too quiet for the huge castle that was usually filled with happy guests. She carefully closed the heavy door behind her. The cold tiled floor sent a shiver through her entire body.

"I'll go... Right," she decided to herself.

She turned and began to take small, cold steps along the hallway. She looked up at the walls. They were a crisp shade of mint green. She admired the paintings of former Kings and Queens. Apart from her, there was nothing else in the corridor. It sure was lonely. The only sound was the pitter-patter of her bare feet stepping along the cool floor. Walking was getting easier with each step. She watched her feet walking along the tiled jade floor.

The steady rhythm of her footsteps was brought to an abrupt stop. Kairi listened carefully. It was Sora... and King Mickey. At least she thought so. She continued walking, smiling to herself. "Right was a good guess," she thought. She came to a half open pair of doors. Curious, or just plain nosey, Kairi peeked through. She could see a long, wide hall, complete with an equally long banquet table. Sora and King Mickey were sat at the table discussing something. She could tell they were talking, but she couldn't make out any words in particular, she just heard a continuous drone, a muffled sound. The echo in the gigantic hall made their words sound like an incomprehensible alien language. Sora stood up, walking slowly towards the doors.

In a panic, Kairi threw herself away from the door, landing in a heap on the cold floor. "Stupid idea, Kairi," she told herself. She tried to get up, but felt as though something had pulled her back down.

Suddenly, something coiled around her ankle. Its touch was frosty on her warm skin. She felt her heart pounding inside her chest, her breathing becoming faster and more aggrevated. She slowly turned around. Two emotionless yellow eyes glared back. Kairi screamed in terror, feeling engulfed by her own fear. She thrusted her arms towards it, trying with all her strength to fight it off, but it wasn't working. It still continued to pull at her, unaffected by her struggling. It wasn't going to give up that easily.

Sora burst through the huge double doors.

"Kairi!" he cried. Through a lucky coincidence, he'd already summoned the keyblade. He grabbed Kairi's arm, kicking the heartless away and pulling her to safety. Stunned, it floundered around on the floor. Sora's strength was much greater than Kairi's. Sora held the keyblade back, then drove it forward, into the heartless. In a single strike, it had been defeated.

Sora turned to Kairi, who had been a little shaken by it all.

"Are you alright?" he asked, concerned. He lifted her arms, checking for cuts or bruises. "You aren't hurt, are you?"

"No," she replied.

"Good," he smiled. "At least it was only a small one, it could have been worse."

"Just a small one?!" she couldn't believe her ears. Sora nodded.

"But Donald told me the castle was protected," he said to himself under his breath. "I guess I'll have to keep a closer eye on you."

"Yeah," she smiled. "But what did it want?"

"Probably..." Sora cast his mind back to the letter. "It was probably sent to find you."

It seemed obvious to Kairi now. She was suddenly afraid. Something was after her, and it seemed determined to find her, no matter what the cost. She clung to Sora's arm, childlike, vulnrable, scared.

"Come on," he said, starting to walk. "We'll go back to the room."

as always, lots of cc is appreciated, both good and bad ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back