• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► FLCL - S2 + S3; Sadamoto and The Pillows return

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

[Zidane]

My fav. anime of all time, I even got to meet Kari walgrien <3 (Voice actor for Haruko) and she signed my DVD box set ^/////^ anyone else here love FLCL?

Last edited by a moderator:

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Re: FLCL [Fooly Cooly]

to be honest i didnt like this anime very much the first time i watched it but i guess it grew on me because i have the dvd box set...

Allister Rose

French Lover

pretty difficult to get into to, i recorded it a few times, and rewatched it to understand it.

the fighting scenes and music was the thing i liked most in the beginning, but now rewatching it, i love how somehow random conversations suddenly becomes relevant.

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Awards

Loved it completely it was the first anime I watched actually. Bushy Brows agent was a interesting character, Takun(don't know how its really spelled) was a interesting character also liked how just randomly machines would pop out of his head.

[Zidane]

I gotta agree, the pillows would have to be my fav. Jrock band of all time, hands down, has anyone ever noticed the many secret undertones, about sexuality, manhood, and becoming of age, it's very interesting to try to decode

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA

hazclap.gif

Karutomaru

Banned

Ugh. FLCL is right up there with Neon Genesis Evangelion on my list of most degraded anime. Has it no shame? I'm sure I'm going to be flamed for this, but FLCL is a centerpoint on what I do not like in an anime. Not that it's completely bad; there are a few things I like, but those are very few. The whole series is pretty bland overall. Take out more than half of the references to sexuality, and you have a half-baked unappealing plot with unlikable characters. Seriously, all of the characters in FLCL (save for the main character's extremely awesome cat) need to be punched in the face. It's almost as bad as Evangelion in terms of all the negative things.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

FLCL was a bad acid trip gone even worse I LOVED EVER SECOND OF IT . Especially the ending. Its second only to PARANOIA AGENT.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns

Ugh. FLCL is right up there with Neon Genesis Evangelion on my list of most degraded anime. Has it no shame? I'm sure I'm going to be flamed for this, but FLCL is a centerpoint on what I do not like in an anime. Not that it's completely bad; there are a few things I like, but those are very few. The whole series is pretty bland overall. Take out more than half of the references to sexuality, and you have a half-baked unappealing plot with unlikable characters. Seriously, all of the characters in FLCL (save for the main character's extremely awesome cat) need to be punched in the face. It's almost as bad as Evangelion in terms of all the negative things.
I don't care to flame someone who has shown little taste in anime.

Good anime and I am most surprised they didn't try to do a follow up short series on it. Oh well confusing nonstop but was awesome. Still haven't figured out how his dad was pretty much dead in one episode but then ended up being fine.

Karutomaru

Banned

I am happy for you that you got your box set signed though. I know how that is; I got a bunch of MST3K DVDs signed by the cast. It's awesome. What I need to do now is get my Viewtiful Joe DVDs signed. Also, in response to loki13, the fact that it IS an acid trip is what appeals to me, but the content of said trip just wasn't very good. Bobobo still takes the cake as being the highest of the high anime in existence, as well as being one of my favorite anime.

Allister Rose

French Lover

i dont think FLCL should be compared so easily.

FLCL, doesnt take itself seriously, so why should we take it seriously? still, they have more hidden plot than one tries to see.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards

I wish that they had made more episodes. I really liked that show even though it confused the hell out of me.

Allister Rose

French Lover

What do you mean by a hidden plot?

there's more to FLCL then random scenes. when it comings to boring and seemingly unimportant conversations in the show. those conversations are the very thing that make the story relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back