• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Funny Story Guys

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
So, like all good funny stories, this is about a silly guy (ME :D) and a totally hot babe (Carson!). Now, somewhere along the school year (or, should I say, the newly ended one) this girl thought I was cute. I thought she was amazingly beautiful and lovely and cute. There was one problem; I'm shy as firetruck. And so is she. Oh, and she had a boyfriend. Anyway, through the whole year we managed a few awkward exchanged glances.

Now the school year is over and we just so happen to be facebook friends. Now she started liking my statuses, I liked hers. And eventually we started talking on facebook. Now, last night I played the courageous lovely knight and gave her my number. Oh did I mention that she broke up with her boyfriend? Yea.

Anyway! We've been texting for a day and a half and I absolutely adore her! And, well, I'm fairly she's digging me in some sort of way. After a bit of texting I was thinking to myself "Screw it, I'm tired of being a pussy." So I asked her if she wanted to go out sometime. And she said yes.

Now where does my good KHIians Help and Support come in? Well let me tell you:

Ya see, texting, facebook chatting, it's all easy for anyone. But who's to say I won't choke and die when we hang out. I mean if I couldn't talk to her before, why now? Anybody got any tips as to what to say? Or how to puck up some courage? Or maybe say something like "HEY YA GOT THIS FAR BUDDY YOU CAN DO IT!"

Maybe you all could give me somethings to start out to talk about? And I swear to god if one of you all says weather I'll ban you.

Awards
Weather.. Just try to fucking ban me.

Anyways, you dog, you (get it, 'cause marley and me). Well, as for talking, depends on what you've been talking about as it is. Does the conversation flow well in general? If it's smooth over texting/facebook, you can do well in person. In person fairs especially well for me, because I'm more of a physical guy, I make gestures and whatnot more than words, or that go along with the words.

Just be smooth. She obviously likes you as you, so chill. Don't show all your dirty little secrets, but you know, just be cool.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
HEY YA GOT THIS FAR BUDDY YOU CAN DO IT!

But yeah, basically what Prodigy said. If you feel the conversations have been going well, you'll be fine in person. Good luck.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Ooh, some of the responses in this thread surprize me. Normally I'd believe online chatting doesn't have a strong correlation with IRL talking due tot he safety of being behind a screen, absolutely no body language on either side, and the incredibly long time a person has to think of a response, and then respond. Along with of course, many other issues.

Aside from her, how do you IRL conversations go with your male friends? Female friends? Small talk skills in general? I'm aware you've said your shy, however many shy guys can be quite talkative around those they're comfortable with. Assuming you're going to feel comfortable around her, you shouldn't have too much to worry about. After all, you two aren't strangers anymore.

I can't really tell you what to talk about without making you sound like a mindless zombie following instructions on a piece of paper, but most talks are pretty situational. Also the place you two are going could also add to the list of things to talk about.

canito_q

Meh, not that funny of a story :D
When is this date, anyways? If you have time, I recommend you open up with the people you're already comfortable with. Then, when you talk to her, think of her as one of them, but at the end of every sentence, make sure you're eyes show she could be more than that.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
"HEY YA GOT THIS FAR BUDDY YOU CAN DO IT!"

No seriously. You've done the hard part (everyone else on here seems to have trouble asking a girl out) I think you're pretty set. Oh wait, here's an idea, talk about things you're both interested in. Because A) You know what you're talking about in regards to your interests. B) The conversation isn't one-sided, and she can actually par-take in the conversation. C) No awkward pauses.

On the off chance you don't know what she's interested in, check your Facebook conversations. What have those been about? Bring up one of the things shes talked about, or that you've both discussed. And if you find yourself stuck on topics to talk about, ask her something about herself. Like what does she want to do as a career, or what hobbies or interests she has. Simple things like that. I'd avoid asking her about more personal topics for now. Like famliy situations or her past relationship experiences. Unless she brings them up first.

Awards
Haha, oh god, you want him to Facebook stalk her.

"Act like you've got a 20 inch dick, because you do." I remember hearing that bit, when it came to having confidence. And no one should have problems IRL if the texts and Facebook chats haven't been staged. If you've pretty much been yourself, then you've got nothing to worry about. The only problem with the internet to IRL correlation is when people don't act as themselves, but rather as how they want to be portrayed, and that is extremely apparent with of kids and teenagers over things like this forum or say Xbox Live.

Like I said, if you've been real towards her, then the real bet is that hey, she might actually like you for who you are. If so, jackpot. If you really need help in the conversation, don't worry about choking. Listen to at least every other 3 or 4 words, then you can make up more conversation topic (lol). In reality, though, it's not hard, but people seem to have the most difficult times trying to figure out how to approach a girl. If you can't think of what to say, compliment her. You don't need to be like "wow you have the most amazing rack", or anything cheesy, either, like "I could stare into your eyes for eternity" or some crap. Simple things like a "Wow, you look great!" when you first see her, or something like you like her dress, maybe her earrings look hot on her (try not to say hot, more along the lines of good, pretty, etc), and things of that nature.

It's not complicated, but people make it out to more than it is. If you are allowed to get in closer, arm around her, or whatever, perhaps she smells really good. Not the creepy, grab the hair and sniff it kind of thing though, just a normal, hey, im in your vicinity, and you smell really nice/good. That's fine to say, and if you are close, well, that could lead to something as well. But, it does depend on what you're doing. What you should do is ask her how she's been, what she's been doing in the summer, has she ever gone to where you're going before (if it's like a place to eat or some random entertainment place, not something where she's obviously been like McDonald's or the movie theater), etc. If you're just hanging out, just chill. There's no reason to choke, let her talk. You don't need to find 30 ways to ask one question, but like I said, if you feel the conversations have been solid so far, then there you go.

But yeah, in finality: There's no need to stress. You've obviously impressed her enough to want to go out on a date with you, now it's more about getting to know each other. But I don't suggest popping out random things like "whats your favorite color?" in the middle of a silence, just be smart and play your questions around what she says. There shouldn't be any problems.

And always remember.. 20 inch dick.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Haha, oh god, you want him to Facebook stalk her.
Hey what? I don't mean for him to stalk her. I more or less saying that he should use his past conversations on Facebook as a reference on what to talk about when he's on this date.

If silence occurs for more than 10 seconds and neither of you can think of what to say, BAIL OUT.

or stick it in her pooper.
Oh you, always telling people to stick things in girls poopers.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
So uh THANKS PRODIGY FOR HELPING AND SUPPORTING ME IN MY TIME OF NEED. No for real, thanks! You've given me a lot to think about.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Ooh, some of the responses in this thread surprize me. Normally I'd believe online chatting doesn't have a strong correlation with IRL talking due tot he safety of being behind a screen, absolutely no body language on either side, and the incredibly long time a person has to think of a response, and then respond. Along with of course, many other issues.

Aside from her, how do you IRL conversations go with your male friends? Female friends? Small talk skills in general? I'm aware you've said your shy, however many shy guys can be quite talkative around those they're comfortable with. Assuming you're going to feel comfortable around her, you shouldn't have too much to worry about. After all, you two aren't strangers anymore.

I can't really tell you what to talk about without making you sound like a mindless zombie following instructions on a piece of paper, but most talks are pretty situational. Also the place you two are going could also add to the list of things to talk about.

Amen to the shy guys who are talkative. thats me. and dude just let the words flow. use things she says to make jokes (polite ones, unless she has a suprisingly dirty mind) and you will prolly snag her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back