• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gorillaz..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Well, I bought this baby, and I can honestly say it tops... their first album, at least. I can't figure out where it fits in comparison with Demon Days, but Plastic Beach is definitely amazing.

I can't find much similiar to Demon Days in it, off the top of my head, at least... But that's part of what makes me like it. The album itself has this great flavour, and then so do the songs... not that I can describe it...

Khmax

Got it in the mail yesterday.
Demon Days>Plastic Beach>Gorillaz
To Binge, Rhinestone Eyes, Some Kind Of Nature, and Pirate Jet are my favs.

FlameKing

Feel Good Inc. and Clint Eastwood are the only songs I heard by them. But they are pretty good.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
^That's a pretty good job.
What are the songs similar to in terms of the previous albums? Generally?
I probably find it closer to Demon Days, but as Watson said, it has an entirely different 'flavour'.
I love all the guest appearances, Snoop Dogg and Mark E. Smith, wtf lol. But they don't seem gratuitous, and instead they all work really well.

Did Plastic Beach remind anyone else of Crash Bandicoot? (Especially at the beginning of 'White Flag'.)

And OMG, today I found out that sinfonia ViVA, the orchestra who play on the opening track and 'Cloud of Unknowing' are playing in a church about 2 minutes away from me on the weekend. I may go since they seem pretty good.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
I hate having no money, Ive gone in to the shop and just stood there holding Plastic Beach about 6 times now. And if you wondering why I don't torrent it, I don't have stable enough internet access. Plus I love buying their albums for the artwork.

Death

Your #1 Bruh
The album is pretty different form the other songs they had in Demon days and their self titled cd.

I liek this one alot though. Especially Plastic Beach. I think if they make a music video of Plastic beach it'll be 2d most of the time. looking out a window.

Empire Ants is a pretty awesome song. along with Sweepstakes. Mos Def did a pretty good job.

C

Crazium

I hate having no money, Ive gone in to the shop and just stood there holding Plastic Beach about 6 times now. And if you wondering why I don't torrent it, I don't have stable enough internet access. Plus I love buying their albums for the artwork.
mediafire, bro B)

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
okay, so having effectively acquiring the ablum via /rs/ i can say that plastic beach is ballin

plastic beach is much more reliant on the synth, but it's used very well

i wonder if the album is a little too eclectic for its own good though

Death

Your #1 Bruh
I say Empire Ants is good ( they should take off Little Dragon of it though. I think it just ruin the whole song)

and Broken is pretty good too as well is

Most of them are pretty good.

I see a Music video for the song Plastic Beach and Glitter Freeze. Glitter Freeze in my image is like a song of when they were building d Robot ( Fuckin Short Term Memory )

Death

Your #1 Bruh
Pff.

Broken is a good song. I love it.

" Where's North from Here ? "

GLitter Freeze is one of the best Technoish songs i heard from them.

frisson

Silver Member
love, electricity, shock wave central, pummel on the motherboard, yes~

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
All hail king Neptune and his water breathers
No snail thing to quick for his water feeders
Don’t waste time with your net, our net worth is Set Ready, go.
Many know others, but
We be the colors of the mad and the wicked
We be bad, we be brickit with the 24 hour sign
Shower my habits while you dine like rabbits
With the crunchy, crunchy carrots (that’s chicken)
Gotta have it Superfast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back