• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gummi ship system in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingnice92

So... I was wondering.
since Donald and Goofy are working along with Sora again.
i was wondering how the Gummi ship system would work.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Re: Gummi ship system in khIII

It would definitely be interesting to see how they would make it this time around. Maybe even more detailed and twice as fun as it was in Kingdom Hearts II. I definitely excited to see what things they do differently.

Master Ultima

Awards

The Graphics are going to be amazing of course. I'm looking forward to seeing what the enemies will look like and if the next gen controller will have a role in the Gummi ship system to make it more fun then ever.

nxtgarnett5

I agree that the graphics are going to be amazing. I feel like maybe with advanced graphics and a next gen system they can make it even bigger. I feel like it would be pretty interesting if you took a gummi route without knowing what world you were going to end up at.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

One of my favorite parts of KH2 was the gummi ship battles whenever you went to a new world. I can't wait to see that updated and improved on the PS4. Seeing them through the Kingdom Shader is an added bonus as well.

It would also be nice if we got to actually see inside the gummi ship for once. I've been curious what the inside of the ship looks like since KH1.

Lester811

I hope they do some easy modifications updates and do alternate routes for travel and secrets... this would be really nice to see and the gummi ship should feel like its actually going fast

MyNameisAnsem

As long as we can use the warping function at the start like in KH2, I'm good. I hated being forced through gummi missions every time I had to go back to a world I beat until I got the warp gummi.

MegaCore5

Awards
I wonder if they will have Gummi ship routes like they did in KH2? I liked how the routes seemed more vibrant and alive compared to the first rendition. As for the modifications aspect of the Gummi ship I think they should allow the alteration of individual Gummi pieces so players could create anything they could imagine.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm figuring the Gummi Ship system will be the same, but even better. We know it'll certainly look awesome!

omnipresent

As long as we can use the warping function at the start like in KH2, I'm good. I hated being forced through gummi missions every time I had to go back to a world I beat until I got the warp gummi.
Same. They Gummi missions got stale after a while. If they could find some way to spruce them up, making the more unique/challenging (but not annoyingly challenging) as you progress, I wouldn't mind being forced to play them.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I made the U.S.S. Enterprise in KH1 and KH. So if the shipbuilding system was even better...? DREADNOUGHT CLASS!!!
Such a Trekkie :3

Or if it was good enough to build a bigger variety of shapes. I usually drop a couple hours on shipbuilding just for fun!

I'd also like more diverse weaponry!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH2 was definitely a step in the right direction for Gummi Ships, and I always regret not exploring the system more when I still had my PS2 plugged in to my TV. (I suppose with 2.5 coming out soon, that will be irrelevant!)

I would be really happy if they took what KH2 was doing with Gummi Ships and just push it farther by having larger routes, stunning graphics, and tighten up the controls. Maybe add in a bit of motion control by having the ship move with the controller (of course with the option to turn it off because some people really dislike motion controlled flying controls).

I'd also like improved missions with a variety of bosses/boss ships. Maybe add multiplayer to it to be able to do missions with friends in order to net more prizes!

I made the U.S.S. Enterprise in KH1 and KH. So if the shipbuilding system was even better...? DREADNOUGHT CLASS!!!
Such a Trekkie :3

Or if it was good enough to build a bigger variety of shapes. I usually drop a couple hours on shipbuilding just for fun!

I'd also like more diverse weaponry!

DREADNOUGHT CLASS. OH MY GOD IMAGINE MAKING THE VENGEANCE!

Okay, done. DONE. I am making the USS Vengeance. That was such a sexy starship. I might have issues with STID but I really did love the Vengeance. It was literally the finest war vessel in the entire franchise.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
DREADNOUGHT CLASS. OH MY GOD IMAGINE MAKING THE VENGEANCE!

Okay, done. DONE. I am making the USS Vengeance. That was such a sexy starship. I might have issues with STID but I really did love the Vengeance. It was literally the finest war vessel in the entire franchise.
Haha, I'd almost forgotten how much of a Trekkie you are! (ALMOST ;3)

But with a better system and tighter controls, plus on/off motion choice...?
I'm liking where these ideas are going!!!

nxtgarnett5

Would anyone prefer that sora somehow learns to transform his keyblade into a ship like TAV did(or was it their armor I forget). Or keep the gummi ship the way it is

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
They can transform it into gliders if it suits their battle style, but definitely not for travelling. The gummi ship has shown to be a superior means of travel, as it can seat at least three full-sized passengers and already comes with protection from the darkness of space.

Thus, I don't see the reason why Sora, Riku, Kairi, and other "current generation" wielders should travel through space on the glider.

MegaCore5

Awards
I would be really happy if they took what KH2 was doing with Gummi Ships and just push it farther by having larger routes, stunning graphics, and tighten up the controls. Maybe add in a bit of motion control by having the ship move with the controller (of course with the option to turn it off because some people really dislike motion controlled flying controls).

I'd also like improved missions with a variety of bosses/boss ships. Maybe add multiplayer to it to be able to do missions with friends in order to net more
Motion controls seems frivolous and could cause some major rage quitting if for some reason the controller was messed up... So having the ability to toggle it on and off would be important. Multiplayer gummi ship missions would be an excellent way to incorporate multiplayer (maybe you could earn special items if you ranked up farther in this).

nxtgarnett5

They can transform it into gliders if it suits their battle style, but definitely not for travelling. The gummi ship has shown to be a superior means of travel, as it can seat at least three full-sized passengers and already comes with protection from the darkness of space.

Thus, I don't see the reason why Sora, Riku, Kairi, and other "current generation" wielders should travel through space on the glider.
If given the option though would prefer sora traveling through space with a "key ship" or a really cool advanced gummi ship?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
With a gummi ship, advanced or not. The pros of travelling with a gummi ship far outweigh those of the other alternative. I thought the answer was already clearly stated on my post that you quoted?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Haha, I'd almost forgotten how much of a Trekkie you are! (ALMOST ;3)

But with a better system and tighter controls, plus on/off motion choice...?
I'm liking where these ideas are going!!!

xD Not enough Star Trek news to talk about to flaunt it on here.

Would anyone prefer that sora somehow learns to transform his keyblade into a ship like TAV did(or was it their armor I forget). Or keep the gummi ship the way it is

It was the Keyblade that'd transform. The armor was to shield them while traveling through the lanes between.

I have to agree with this. It worked with TAV because they were all flying solo, but Sora isn't alone. He has Donald and Goofy, and maybe even more if his friends decide to hitch a ride with them. (I 100% expect Riku to end up on a Gummi Ship ride with Sora & co. at some point in order to reflect how he wasn't allowed to in KH1)

I think I would enjoy seeing Sora have the ability to transform his Keyblade into a glider in order to travel around fast in some worlds or to fight enemies xD Definitely not for world travel, though, unless necessary for some story purpose like he gets split up from his friends or falls out of some vessel in space.

Motion controls seems frivolous and could cause some major rage quitting if for some reason the controller was messed up... So having the ability to toggle it on and off would be important. Multiplayer gummi ship missions would be an excellent way to incorporate multiplayer (maybe you could earn special items if you ranked up farther in this).

They are definitely frivolous, but I know some people prefer motion control to using an analog stick because they feel it gives them more control.

Maybe also gummi races/battles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back