• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► HOMEWORK HELP THREAD!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
A hook literally has to be the first sentence, as we previously told you.

The first sentence did not grab me enough, and I didn't feel motivated to read the rest of what you posted. So I didn't.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
K, this one looks better

The word "Communism" has completely changed its original meaning, a once harmless idea to unite people and their goals is now used as a term for "Evil". The original thought of people working side by side and for their government has now warped and changed into a society where their higherups become greedy and would do anything to stay in power.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Say I have a problem where a block of mass m is compressed against a spring on a frictionless horizontal surface, and then let go and travels up an inclined plane with friction (coefficient mu) at an angle theta.

I can use a standard x-y coordinate system (that is perpendicular to the floor) for my calculations up until it reaches the ramp, and then use an x-y coordinate system that is perpendicular to the inclined surface, and it doesn't matter, right? As long as I'm consistent? I'm talking about using Work Energy Theorem/Non-Conservation/Conservation of Mechanical Energy to find the height up the ramp that the block travels.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Anybody read 1984? If i'm using "Class Structure" in a comparrison essay, which situation sounds better for a "reaction" to how the Proles are treated differently?
1. The higher classes are treated better (i.e. O'Brien)
2. Or the mention in Goldsteins book where "the low will rise and take over the high"

Last edited:

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Can anyone give me a few examples of global encounter between 1500 and 1920

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
For anyone who's taking/has taken Differential equations, I have a quick question.

For mechanical oscillations, when you have the equation mu'' + (gamma)u' + ku = F(t), and they ask for the natural frequency, is it sqrt(k/m) or is it 1/(2pi) * sqrt(k/m)? I've seen it expressed in both ways throughout the internet.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
^ We're on the same topic in the same class! Yay

Natural frequency is sqrt(k/m). 1/(2pi * sqrt(k/m)) is the period.

Speaking of which, my professor keeps telling me that I have to find k (we'll have something like 2u'' + 2u + ku = 2cos3t) and I have no idea how to find k considering I don't know natural frequency, I don't have an equilibrium state that will isolate it for me, and I need it to define my other equations :(

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Usually when we have to find k, I just go back to the spring force equation W = kL, where W is the weight m*g and L is the extension of the spring that occurs when the mass is added to it.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
^ yeah she mentioned that yesterday. Apparently, I can find k by considering an isolated spring system with mg - kL = 0

Didn't know that. I think I was getting a bit confused with my equations though because I would have a spring that has an original length, then adding a weight to it stretches it a certain length, and then we pull it a certain amount to start it bouncing. So I wasn't sure what "position" I'd have to consider as the coefficient to my k.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
S.O.S.

Hands of a clock suggest an angle whose measure is continually changing. How many degrees does a minute hand move through during each time interval?

A. 9 min B. 35 min C.45 min

D

Deleted member 36435

i'm no expert but

54 degrees

207 degrees

271 degrees

these are all rounded the nearest degree

basically i just divided 60 by 9/35/45 respectively then divided 360 by the product of that

i'm not sure if this is what you wanted, tbh

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Anyone know where I can read a copy of "A Pair of Tickets" by Amy Tan? I have an essay about it due next week and I seriously need to read it.

And before you ask, I couldn't afford the books for the class so I couldn't get it. That and I'm the only one in that class from the town that I live in.

Silverslide

i'm no expert but

54 degrees

207 degrees

271 degrees

these are all rounded the nearest degree

basically i just divided 60 by 9/35/45 respectively then divided 360 by the product of that

i'm not sure if this is what you wanted, tbh

I think I'm getting there, but I'm still stuck. Like for A, I multiplied it by 60(for minutes) and got 540 but I'm not sure what to do after that.

EDIT: wait thats not what you said it all. doing it your way and I got 7 for A

D

Deleted member 36435

i think my original work may be off

gotta find what each minute on the clock is in degrees, which is as simple as dividing 360 by 60 then multiplying by the number of minutes needed

so

360/60 = 6
x = number of minutes
y = degrees

so 6x = y

so, i overcomplicated it a bit which gave a slight inaccuracy due to to rounding, this should work better for you

Silverslide

gotta find what each minute on the clock is in degrees, which is as simple as dividing 360 by 60 then multiplying by the number of minutes needed

wait, I think that you need to find what degree each second is on the clock, which IS 360/60 you're right about that. i multiplied the amount of minutes by 60(seconds). so for A that would be 540, then you divide by the number of degrees per second which is 90.

so A would be 90. B would be 350, and C would be 450. Is that right?

luna008

Anyone know where I can read a copy of "A Pair of Tickets" by Amy Tan? I have an essay about it due next week and I seriously need to read it.

And before you ask, I couldn't afford the books for the class so I couldn't get it. That and I'm the only one in that class from the town that I live in.

if you cant find the actual story, sparknotes might be able to help you

D

Deleted member 36435

wait, I think that you need to find what degree each second is on the clock, which IS 360/60 you're right about that. i multiplied the amount of minutes by 60(seconds). so for A that would be 540, then you divide by the number of degrees per second which is 90.

so A would be 90. B would be 350, and C would be 450. Is that right?
you are saying that in 45 minutes the minute hand moves 450 degrees. so, incorrect, my friend

the minute hand moves 6 degrees per minute. that information should make the rest easy for you.

Silverslide

you are saying that in 45 minutes the minute hand moves 450 degrees. so, incorrect, my friend

the minute hand moves 6 degrees per minute. that information should make the rest easy for you.

oh then your method is right. my bad I was just trying to make sure I learned it lol thanks victor

Shawty

Awards
Hey guys, in exactly 2 weeks I have an oral exam for English. I have to talk about 3 books, but I only got 1 book so far. I really don't know any other books I can talk about. Does anybody have any recommendations? Doesn't matter if they're hard to read, my English is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back