• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How old does Xehanort & Eraqus look in the trailer?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guard the Light

Does anyone know where Eraqus was actually from? Could he have been from Destiny Islands as well and have been childhood friends with Xehanort? I hate how this series can't stick to the story, so frustrating.
-starts watching recoded-
so much work for such little infomation

I mi like to believe this theory because it makes their relationship just so much juicier, but I'm inclined to think otherwise. ME doesn't really show me that island persona or anything associated with papou fruit I would look for as identifiers, however, neither does xehanort, who I would place more as a RG inhabitant over anything, so I keep hope alive ;)

Samhain

Bronze Member
He could have been twelve or thirteen at the time. I remember Sora looking younger than his actual age in Kingdom Hearts as oppose to Kingdom Hearts 2.
I guess, but the hair looks different too. Look when YMX looks back at Terra before transforming into Riku. He already has his bangs as he does in KH DDD, and yet Xehanort has Riku's hair in the new trailer

It doesn't make sense. Plus we also see YMX transform into 16 year old Riku...again, similar age, and foreshadowing. YMX had to be around 16 when he left DI. His body structure says all, while in the new trailer he looks like a kid.

Shit, this is ridiculous. I am confused and I hate this

tiofrodo

First we should be looking at one thing, is this really only Time Travelling or is this a Multiple Universes.

Multiple Universes really makes things much simpler, there is one YMX that for some reason is training under a foreteller(maybe) with Young Eraqus, and there is another that it is still stuck Destiny Island.

In the Time Travelling, i think there is not enough information to understand it, for all we know it could be very similar to Sora's beginning, that Destiny Island was engulfed in darkness during his living there, somehow he gets a Keyblade, ultimately he still gets engulfed and he survives in another world with the help of the Keyblade, after that he encounters a foreteller that makes him his apprentice along with Eraqus(if he wasn't sent there the moment he got swallowed). Now YMX is enamored with the Keyblade and it's legends, why did it save him or w/e, the more he discovered it the more it made him decent into darkness, in his path to become the MX we all know and love, he discovered another method(or used the same old method, don't remember its requirements) that got him back in time, this time, he stops Destiny Island from being engulfed, but noticing he can't stay for long he leaves leaving the YMX this new timeline were he wishes to get out of the Island.

So yeah, that is probably a load of bullshit that i just wrote, but it might make some sense just because of the nformation we have on what happened in the past

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Young Xehanort can't wield a keyblade in Dream Drop Distance, it's Master Xehanort posessing him as he manifests, this has been confirmed by Nomura in interviews. Nomura is ignoring his continuity completely.

Did King Mickey’s time magic not work properly on Young Xehanort because Young Xehanort has the power to control time?
Nomura: Not Young Xehanort’s but rather Master Xehanort’s power. King Mickey was surprised at the time, seeing his Keyblade and noticing he harboured the power of Master Xehanort. That Keyblade was designed as the one Master Xehanort used in KHBBS combined with an hourglass, you see.

Young Xehanort, at the time of his journey in BBS (Clearly older than in the trailer we are shown), hasn't left the island yet, so he can't have been there with Eraqus. I'd like to believe it's just a conceptual trailer however I believe Nomura has told us previously that the cutscene is part of the game? He said this when we saw the concept trailer with Japanese dialogue a few month back? perhaps longer, I haven't been on the forums in a while.

Anyway, Nomura fucked up one way or another.

Mavxo

Awards
I just thought of something. This makes sense in my head, let's see if I can lay it all out. If Eraqus and Xehnort are childhood friends (which is what it looks like) whose to say that they aren't on destiny island in this scene. Just because they have a master doesn't mean they've received their keyblades yet. So here's what I'm thinking. Their master and Eraqus originally were also from DI since it seems no one is truly from the LOD. So they have a master who wants to bring them in as keyblade weirders and have not yet performed the ritual on them but shares some keyblade knowledge. He finds Xehnort has too much darkness inside him to weild a keyblade for light and brings Eraqus only to train leaving Xehnort behind. Fast forward to when Ansem SOD comes from him and brings him to the future where he can weild a keyblade because his older self can which initiates the rite. When he returns and magically summons his keyblade for the first time he leaves the island to find LOD where Eraqus has been training with the master. Xehnort is bitter about the master not performing the rite and Eraqus is the favorite pupil besides the fact Xehnort was stronger.
Boom. Angsty backstory for Xehnort and just confusing enough to fit into KH perfectly.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I saw that. It crushed my dreams, just a tad </3

This is what confuses me. DDD shows the "beginning," but now KH3's opening scene seems to take place before the actual beginning. Especially since YX from DDD isn't supposed to have gained his Keyblade yet, from what Re:coded HD taught us.

Maybe, YX didn't gain his keyblade yet. Then again, why would he be training to be a keyblade wielder at that age?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Am I the only one who thinks that their looks just might be because of the engine? They might look more younger then what they really are.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
They seem to be about Sora's current age. So, like 15-16 years old. It's probably part of the reason so many out of the loop fans mistook Young Xehanort for Riku.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'd say they're a little older than Sora & co, maybe around 18-20.
Although Eraqus really looks like a cute little boy when his face is zoomed in. *plush* Oh wait..I dislike this guy...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Xehanort arrives to wherever Eraqus and their master live, cuts his hair and wears his bangs down rather than slicked back to signify the new life, slowly turns into the Xehanort we know with slicked back hair, then he goes bald. IDK.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I feel like all of this is just...bizarre. A part of me can't help but feel like the graphical engine might be to blame. I remember the engine always made the characters appear just a touch younger due to the engine making their faces softer instead of the harder look that they had with their in game models. With this, however, this seems just too much of a stretch to say that it might be the engine alone because the difference is way too stark for me. I can accept him sounding a little different for the sake of appearing more benign such as he (sort of) was at that point in the timeline since the memories in his heart from the events of Dream Drop Distance were implied to be etched instead of outright brought forth. However, it seems strange to me to have at least Xehanort appear younger since there were two (three if you count Re:coded from II.5) games where he clearly appears to be current Riku's age at the youngest.

Valhite

Not only his face but his body also look smaller in the trailer, compared to him when he was still in destiny island though

Valhite

ZmbMHWL_BCIIK8jHo4OSui5ZfTQ6foayRz28HP2EUQLHOuR0YgPAnwQwxxtYODHiUzIml2P5uGPa-mdE9w7GxCKWZP8EAO801pX6sp0ObwE2ZESJWdLCpZvgFjg-TG8fRIGttBBW3ztWiTVcWNs4E_eJeZg8RCeV86K4_CVA8cfbw3HpxymckAQbwotsX0PY9VbQMVs_eXm10wXdb3O48wEIqyi8jP6UiE-WeqBmvx9EzptOWASiTJXrimtRBVXZQpG-WEzSZ6eF4Qjtsznof7Nn8ZuTbNs=w512-h287-nc

Well if you compared that with this

-P9LOu8ANiUnxSpqZsHmgYQ2imEUVkieOaCYsWZG26HoIcOZQDntqJteWG7fpVxgHkIR1mO-HYAnToI4vX2HcngV-69PUMj88QVaEg-zPICHNeoj44SDLOLw7_Vi_qwJjFj6OA=w221-h665-nc

Look at the bicep and tricep muscle. Seems pretty different to me. Also, their hairstyle is also.... different

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
ZmbMHWL_BCIIK8jHo4OSui5ZfTQ6foayRz28HP2EUQLHOuR0YgPAnwQwxxtYODHiUzIml2P5uGPa-mdE9w7GxCKWZP8EAO801pX6sp0ObwE2ZESJWdLCpZvgFjg-TG8fRIGttBBW3ztWiTVcWNs4E_eJeZg8RCeV86K4_CVA8cfbw3HpxymckAQbwotsX0PY9VbQMVs_eXm10wXdb3O48wEIqyi8jP6UiE-WeqBmvx9EzptOWASiTJXrimtRBVXZQpG-WEzSZ6eF4Qjtsznof7Nn8ZuTbNs=w512-h287-nc

Well if you compared that with this

-P9LOu8ANiUnxSpqZsHmgYQ2imEUVkieOaCYsWZG26HoIcOZQDntqJteWG7fpVxgHkIR1mO-HYAnToI4vX2HcngV-69PUMj88QVaEg-zPICHNeoj44SDLOLw7_Vi_qwJjFj6OA=w221-h665-nc

Look at the bicep and tricep muscle. Seems pretty different to me. Also, their hairstyle is also.... different

I don't think it is a good idea to compare Xehanort's rather incomplete model from BBS with the Xehanort we see. A better comparison is the one we see in KH3D.

But again, we haven't really seen their bodies. Sitting hunched over a chessboard is much different from standing.

And hair can always be cut and changed. The faces are really our only true frame of reference we can use.

Valhite

I don't think it is a good idea to compare Xehanort's rather incomplete model from BBS with the Xehanort we see. A better comparison is the one we see in KH3D.

But again, we haven't really seen their bodies. Sitting hunched over a chessboard is much different from standing.

And hair can always be cut and changed. The faces are really our only true frame of reference we can use.

Aaahh I see your point there. But then again like Australian Riku said, it's gonna be hard to compare the face because graphic engine totally blast it. If only xehanort have a typical appearance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back