• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I don't want to study :(

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com
I have a Biology test on Saturday, and I have to study 3 CHAPTERS! Each one is longer than the next :S The teacher is so freaking weird. She actually gives us homework and stuff and says: "Here's some home work to have fun with" and I'm like o_O who the hell has fun with HOMEWORK?! Teachers LOVE tormenting us...:(
Maybe if you studied it every day(for me right now its 20mins). You wouldn't be so worried about the test.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
i kind of have this syndrome where i'm like, almost so smart to the point where these smart waves kinda emanate from my brain and fill the room with my smart waves and thereby make everyone in the room smarter just by being in the same room as me.

i dunno just kinda good at everything i do i guess

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
For crying out loud, I just made this thread to express what I was feeling at one freaking moment, and then some people come and call me a complaining b****. I mean, I KNOW there are others who are facing more than what I am facing, and I KNOW that these 3 freaking chapters are just the beginning and all that. So how about you do the world a favor and minimize the amount of jerk-ness will you?

Welcome to KHI! :D

By the way, I'd just like to point out that this thread probably wasn't meant for serious discussion. And amaefuna, you're trying too hard. Much too hard.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
I've finally got a study-rhythm going, and the key to doing so was being able to find what works for me.

For me, I go back over every single set of class lecture notes and rewrite them completely from my understanding. It's as if I'm teaching myself what I learned, and I rewrite everything in my own words, draw pictures to better visualize what's going on, and color-code everything and add markers and flags to every major section that's going to be on the test, separating things into chapters.

The downside to this is that it takes FOREVER. I spent 7 hours absorbing and rewriting two chapters of Chemistry. But it's okay, because regardless of the grade I made on my test two days ago, I KNOW I can explain to you and teach you exactly what the material is over because I've learned to study this way..

I plan to pursue this technique, the problem is, I'm behind. I need to do it for some older Math and Chemistry notes, but we've already moved on to the new stuff, and I have a History test tomorrow that I need to finish preparing for.

I'm going to spend as long as I can trying to catch up, and then when I'm caught up, I'm just going to review everything we've learned weekly by re-analyzing the chapters at hand.

It's also very effective to read the material beforehand and take notes before lecture.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
It's also very effective to read the material beforehand and take notes before lecture.

This is true, and this is something I'm going to start doing as soon as I can. Unfortunately, I'm behind and playing catch-up so I haven't had the chance to. But once I'm caught-up I'm going to try to make sense of everything before class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back