• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I don't want to study :(

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

impart

Climb The Sky
well. whenever I had to study for a test the next day you know what I would just do?

nothing

just skip the procrastinating altogether and decide not to do it. it makes life a whole lot easier. im serious.

I cruised through high school never doing homework at all, whatever I couldn't get done in other classes I would just blow off when I got home without one single intention of doing it after dinner PFFFT HOME TIME IS FOR VIJDA GAMES!!!!!

what to do when you take the test:
fail it
cheat off the smartest kid in your proximity
wear a skirt and write key answers on your thigh.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I feel your pain. I hate studying. Every time I try to study, I get distracted with my friends and shit. I can't study for more than 30 minutes.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I can never study with people or else or I end up socializing instead. I'm easily distracted enough when I'm studying alone, like right now.

teardrop

Few people like studying. It's just something you gotta suck up and do or else you end up in a cardboard box. Well, maybe not that far, but yeah, you need to study. You don't have to study though. You may find you are one of the few people who don't need to study. But those people still study so...

Just quit whining and study.

αsiя

space coke
Well you can be like me where I failed all of my classes and I'm not going to graduate next year.

Awards
I'd give you advice, but I'm no model for study habits.

Terrible procrastinator. And the funny thing is that it always works. And by that, I mean I've been doing this since... the fourth grade?
I always wait to the last minute and then go on a period of "binge" studying. Even with finals. It's terrible for retaining information long term, but it more than gets the job done in the immediate. Basically I maximize my output and minimize my effort. And I end up getting a good grade anyway so it reinforces my habit. I've stopped trying to coordinate my study time.

Probably in a shit load of trouble for grad school, but for now, my college study habits are no different than they were for the past eight or so years.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I'd give you advice, but I'm no model for study habits.

Terrible procrastinator. And the funny thing is that it always works. And by that, I mean I've been doing this since... the fourth grade?
I always wait to the last minute and then go on a period of "binge" studying. Even with finals.

I wait till that last minute to lmao. But I have an academic support and I can go to the library during lunch. the thing is, i study way better at school than home because i get less distracted. And when I study at school before the test I remember more things when i study at home before the test.

QuietAssistant

Awards
I have a Biology test on Saturday, and I have to study 3 CHAPTERS! Each one is longer than the next :S The teacher is so freaking weird. She actually gives us homework and stuff and says: "Here's some home work to have fun with" and I'm like o_O who the hell has fun with HOMEWORK?! Teachers LOVE tormenting us...:(

why are you here whining about your troubles when you could be studying for the test???

E

Eyesore

Haha, ok 3 chapters

wait until you have to read 9 chapters for a test which is worth 50% of your mark, then you can complain like a little bitch

or maybe 13 chapters for an exam worth 86%

tl;dr shut the fuck up

Harsh.
@OP: Look at passing the test as an insult to the teacher's intelligence.
"Yo test ain't got shhhhhit on me!" and whatnot.

SogeUsopp114

Awards
sitting with you know who in the realm of darkness
i know how you feel but you gotta force yourself to study those 3 chapters and study them carefully, don't try to speed straight through the chapters, it doesn't help. here are some ideas that might help you.

like what Ven95 posted studying at school is best, less distractions.

ask the teacher or someone you know in class to help you study

if you walk home then take out your book and read the chapters that your supposed to read and keep reading, even when you get home.

pull the plug on your tv turn your cell phone off and turn off all your video games so you won't be distracted.

make studying fun, like make it into a game so you won't get irritated.

all these things actually work, helped me pass all my classes with a C or B-. hope this helps

hope this helps ^_^

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
A c or b- is what you AIM for?
That's is not good

AkiraKiyoshi

Awards
Website
aka-kami.deviantart.com
LIIIIVVEEE IIINNN TTTHHHEEE MOOOOMMMEEENNNNTTTTTTTUUHHH

But seriously be happy that it's only 3 chapters. I've had to take tests that take up entire units. :c

Look at things this way: "Hey! At least the teacher didn't include the chapter that includes some crap she didn't even discuss!!"

Or something like that.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Look at things this way: "Hey! At least the teacher didn't include the chapter that includes some crap she didn't even discuss!!"
this is precisely how university works.

be fucking glad you guys are still in high school.

tangerine

Awards
I have a Biology test on Saturday, and I have to study 3 CHAPTERS! Each one is longer than the next :S The teacher is so freaking weird. She actually gives us homework and stuff and says: "Here's some home work to have fun with" and I'm like o_O who the hell has fun with HOMEWORK?! Teachers LOVE tormenting us...:(
|
V
Haha, ok 3 chapters

wait until you have to read 9 chapters for a test which is worth 50% of your mark, then you can complain like a little bitch

or maybe 13 chapters for an exam worth 86%

tl;dr shut the fcuk up

Key_of_Faith

I took the test today, and thank God it was easy :D
For crying out loud, I just made this thread to express what I was feeling at one freaking moment, and then some people come and call me a complaining b****. I mean, I KNOW there are others who are facing more than what I am facing, and I KNOW that these 3 freaking chapters are just the beginning and all that. So how about you do the world a favor and minimize the amount of jerk-ness will you?

Btw, thanks for those who were caring enough to post some advices :D

O

Oberon

in college profs make you read 3+ chapters at least weekly sometimes. Especially sophomore year and up. It's gay.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I've finally got a study-rhythm going, and the key to doing so was being able to find what works for me.

For me, I go back over every single set of class lecture notes and rewrite them completely from my understanding. It's as if I'm teaching myself what I learned, and I rewrite everything in my own words, draw pictures to better visualize what's going on, and color-code everything and add markers and flags to every major section that's going to be on the test, separating things into chapters.

The downside to this is that it takes FOREVER. I spent 7 hours absorbing and rewriting two chapters of Chemistry. But it's okay, because regardless of the grade I made on my test two days ago, I KNOW I can explain to you and teach you exactly what the material is over because I've learned to study this way..

I plan to pursue this technique, the problem is, I'm behind. I need to do it for some older Math and Chemistry notes, but we've already moved on to the new stuff, and I have a History test tomorrow that I need to finish preparing for.

I'm going to spend as long as I can trying to catch up, and then when I'm caught up, I'm just going to review everything we've learned weekly by re-analyzing the chapters at hand.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I've finally got a study-rhythm going, and the key to doing so was being able to find what works for me.

For me, I go back over every single set of class lecture notes and rewrite them completely from my understanding. It's as if I'm teaching myself what I learned, and I rewrite everything in my own words, draw pictures to better visualize what's going on, and color-code everything and add markers and flags to every major section that's going to be on the test, separating things into chapters.

The downside to this is that it takes FOREVER. I spent 7 hours absorbing and rewriting two chapters of Chemistry. But it's okay, because regardless of the grade I made on my test two days ago, I KNOW I can explain to you and teach you exactly what the material is over because I've learned to study this way..

I plan to pursue this technique, the problem is, I'm behind. I need to do it for some older Math and Chemistry notes, but we've already moved on to the new stuff, and I have a History test tomorrow that I need to finish preparing for.

I'm going to spend as long as I can trying to catch up, and then when I'm caught up, I'm just going to review everything we've learned weekly by re-analyzing the chapters at hand.

That's interesting, I might try it for my next test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back