• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If there WERE a 358/2 Days Final Mix...(WARNING: RISK OF SPOILERS)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think a Final Mix is possible?

• Definatly

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • Only if they add stuff to the English release (Ala KH1)

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • Probobly not

Votes: 47 38.2%
  • NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!! YOU GO TO HELL!! YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!!

Votes: 19 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
then break roxas heart with the death of xion and he wanted to kill the org for her

That was pretty much the premise. I would've liked Days much better had Roxas been the main focus - as he was intended to be - rather than Xion. No, I don't like her character all that much, but at least she adds to the story somewhat in being one of the reasons why Roxas left the Organization. She could've done just as well if she were a side character instead of the main focus.

3keybladewielder

C2's Warlock
to be she was a plot filler mainly

roxas main reason was bc axel would not talk about his girl friend xion wich got him mad and after she turned her back on them axel refused to speak to roxas further harming him

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I've been thinking about this recently and here's what I believe would fix it., given they ever remake it. Some of these ideas weren't exactly my own. This is just a compilation of things I believe would fix it.

- Re: Days = 3DS game
- Multi-scenario (Roxas, Xion, Riku, and possibly Axel)
- rework Roxas' storyline's elements to be more about him and his interactions with the Organization and less about Xion. (i.e. most of Xion's stuff could be covered by her own scenario)
- more heartless (boss) variety (less recolored/ slightly altered heartless and more.. umm.. variety?)
- more non-Org. nobody appearances and possibly the ability to control your corresponding nobody (for Roxas and maybe Axel), like it was originally going to be. (The latter ability was cut from the final game, due to the DS's limitations and stuff.)
- unique (secret) heartless bosses (ala KH1's Kurt Ziza and Phantom): Dustflier or whatever the hell it's called was pretty much an amped up, recolored version of another, normal heartless boss, which sucks.

Basically, from what I've seen and spoiled myself on Birth By Sleep and from what I've read in the interviews, the multi-scenario stuff appears to not only have worked, but has improved individual games' (i.e. BBS) storyline. Nomura mentioned something about possibly utilizing it more in the future and well, it seems KH 3DS will be utilizing it, so why not use it if there's ever a Days remake? It would certainly fix a lot of the issues with Days' Xion-centric storyline and make the game more about what it should of been about in the first place, Roxas and the Organization as a whole. Discuss.

Actually, forget the Xion scenario. A Riku one would work just fine, since most of her time away from Roxas was with him.

Then, there's the final boss battle problem. Speaking of final bosses, one final thing that could be changed is the battle with Riku gets cut, from Roxas' point of view. It would be much better to fight that battle through Riku's eyes imo.

Dale

I still stand by what i said in terms of the game being remade for the 3DS and people are actually agreeing with me too, so this is what im guuna say on the matter of a remake:
enhanced graphics
lesser nobody summons
more worlds
and scenarios
with bbs gameplay for all members :D

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
with bbs gameplay for all members :D

Even if Days was remade for the PS3, I doubt they'd do this. I'm assuming you mean scenarios for all members. Do you realize how long thinking of a story for each and every member would take or how boring some or most of them would be? Even if you leave out the CoM members (excluding Axel), you still might not be able to fit it on a PS3 disk, unless the scenarios were really short. I say they should stick to only the important characters (Roxas, Riku, and possibly Axel), should they even consider something like this for a Days Final Mix or Re: Days.

As I said before, I was thinking an Xion scenario would work, but after giving it some thought, Roxas' and Riku's scenarios could easily cover that, whilst not fucking up the final battle for Roxas. Axel's final battle would be either Xion or Roxas (on day 6/ 7 on KH2). I'd say the Xion part would be a better stopping point (should an Axel scenario ever be covered), though it would be nowhere near the quality of Roxas' battle.

Dale

Nope im talking about the main characters like Roxas Axel Xion etc getting an own point of view on their stories ,
and combat system like bbs not scenarios as such but it would be cool to have like 3 - 5 main character stories.
So they could do all of this and more on the 3DS because the cartridge size is likely to double from 2GB as it is at the minute (bbs was 1.8GB) to 4GB so they can pack loads more onto it im thinking of a re chain of memories release on 3DS if the cartridge capacity increases this would be a good opertunity to release it in europe to cause we got left out :(

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
NO. I would personally pay my life expenses to find Nomura, buy a plane ticket to Japan, GO TO JAPAN, and beat him senseless with a bat, if he DARES make another stupid Final Mix. Why? Because the reasoning for them is completely unacceptable: America got a bunch of extra things in the game than Japan did. I WILL BEAT him half to death. I just-- NO. NO. HE WILL NOT MAKE ANOTHER FINAL MIX. >:[

ActingDude17

With all the non-KH things we get that other countries don't I'd say we're about even.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
^Don't double post.

Yes, I hate the Final Mixes, as I don't see why they were created. It isn't like they couldn't have introduced the new information in a few new games, or at the very least, catch their mistakes in the testing. It infuriates me to think that they rereleased a game with new stuff in it, and then kept it to a specific area of the world. It's bullpucky.

Also, if they rereleased Days with the plot focused more on Roxas than Xion, it wouldn't be a rerelease, but a correction on something bad that they did. Because it is a retcon, I doubt they would do it, as it changes the story from Xion's to Roxas'. I mean, that's my take on the "Make Roxas the main character" angle.

Was there any reason why they didn't have many different types of Heartless? Sure, they had lots o' 'em, but most of the Heartless were just colored differently than the next.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just don't get why people get so mad about final mixes. They're made for the Japanese. So what? They don't owe them to anyone at all. If you want to play them, there's nothing stopping you learning Japanese. It's your responsibility, imo.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Personally, I'd like to see Days being remade, without all of the worthless filler missions, as part of a Rebirth mode in a future HD remake of Chain of Memories.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
- Multi-scenario (Roxas, Riku, and possibly Axel)

This actually got me thinking, 3 Main-scenarios to tell the main story from different points of view right.
This would give us:
1. Roxas, pretty much the same as what we already have.
2. Riku, to see from he left CO till he meets Xion at Beast's Castle, and so forth, his scenario ending, with getting Roxas back to the computer room in the old Mansion.
3. Axel, Start of by being ordered by Xemnas to meet Roxas and introduce him to the other members on day 1. Then follow his point of view all through CO, see why he was so late to RTC afterwards, and end Scenario by fighting Xion. (Or something.)

Right, we all know something along the lines of that would be the case, if we got those three scenarios, each one giving SE plenty of oppertunity to tell Xion's story, because they don't have anything better to do.

I'm starting to ramble here but, What I started thinking was,
The thing I was most dissapointed in Days over, was that there were barely any Org. meetings. We have a cutscene in the beginning, a cutsene between Axel and Saïx, the scene where KH is presented by Xemnas and the scene where Saïx said "Count the seats, when were we ever more than Thirteen?"
With those three scenarios, we would get most info from Axel's scenario, but the higher-ups still has some secrets that even Axel don't get in on.
So how about a bonus mini-scenario, once you had finished those 3, revolving around... Say Xigbar? He seemed to know quite a lot of things, and besides Xemnas, Saïx and Axel, he is the only member to mention that Roxas left.

Again I, just started to ramble, but this would give us a little more scenes about Org meetings.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Wasn't Xigbar still left out on some things, such as Xion? I could of sworn he knew little or nothing until later in the game, much like Axel.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
um id want it. days defiently has room for immprovement and id kinda want multi scenerios too but more likely RAX.

B

Bodaciously G

I personally do not find the need a remake or a final mix of 358/2 Days unless it was included in some special multi-console collector's edition of the Kingdom Hearts games so far to make the really ardent fans in the community be satisfied until the release of the third main Kingdom Hearts game. Instead of having the game split up into a separate Riku and Roxas scenario, I think it would be a nice change of pace if the players are able within certain periods within the game's progression in order to flesh out information concerning the characters that make up the Organization since the original purpose of the game was to explain Roxas' side of the story as well the Organization. More voice-acted cut scenes are needed preferably exposing more light onto the Organization's members and their leader Xemnas.

Sarox

Wasn't Xigbar still left out on some things, such as Xion? I could of sworn he knew little or nothing until later in the game, much like Axel.

No, that was Xaldin if I recall. The way Xigbar sits in on a lot of meetings with Xemnas and Saix it seems like he was one of the top people(maybe third in command after Marluxia Zexion's deaths?).

It seems like the Hierarchy goes:
Xemnas>Saix>Xigbar>either Axel or Xaldin>everybody else.

As for the final mix I find the idea unlikely. However if it were to be made I think it would be more of a Remix like Chain of Memories. The difference being that this one is remade for either the PS3 or the Wii(highly unlikely but I can dream).

Changes:

Scenarios(someone gave these three but I want to weigh in):

Roxas: Same as before
Axel:Starts with Axel and Roxas sitting on top of the clock tower in Roxas's first day of life. Ends with the scene in Days where Axel finds the ice cream stick and gazes at Kingdom Hearts. Or they could carry it further and end it with his battle against Roxas in the begining of KH2
Riku: Starts at the end of COM and follows him and his meetings with Xion(and possibly meetings with other Org members that we never saw in the original) his fight with Roxas.

Cutscenes: Definitely more that focus on Riku and Axel's perspective of these events. Maybe some in Axel's segment could help shed some light on the other members. After all he knows them better than Roxas and he must have been working with them at some point.

Bosses: Unlockable battles with the other Organization members(for Axel and Roxas) would be nice. For Riku we could have him face some bosses from Disney Worlds.

Hidden Scenario: After beating all three scenarios we have a series of missions(eleven in total) where we play as the other organization members.

Secret Ending: Probably reveals more about KH3

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Honestly, I'd much rather Roxas' scenario ended with the defeat of Xion and his battle with Riku went back to a cutscene battle, for Roxas. For Riku, on the other hand, it's his final boss battle. Even though I don't like the idea of a single character being more than one scenario's final boss, I'd much rather Axel's (given he were to get a scenario) be Xion. (Mansion courtyard) Instead of a cutscene, you'd get an actual battle after cutscene and a new one with Xion fainting, followed by Axel taking her through the dark passage and into TWTNW, as seen in normal Days. (minus the picking her up and carrying her through the dark corridor part)

How would that be interesting? Imagine Xion having the various Days magic attacks at her disposal and being adept with a keyblade in general. Yes, this being a somewhat interesting battle is possible, given she can use Curaga, Cura, and various elemental attacks (blizzard-based, thunder, etc.), with possible modified (suped-up for the battle) versions of one or two of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back