• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► ~In the Darkness Bind Them~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
*Phew* That's good to hear!=^_^= Lol, it would feel weird to write a story on a computer you are kind of foreign to... *Phew* Glad you're going to continue!=^_^= I was scared for a second there..

(Nope, don't recall calling you that...o.o Unless I was asking you a question why you would be a hypocryte...o.o)

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
*SUPER BUMP!!!!*
Yea... I haven't written much lately... inspiration has left me on the side of a highway to become a hitch-hiker...
(Wow... I think that's the lamest analogy I have ever heard T-T)

So... I just got my laptop fixed, so I tried writing again, but I was thinking to myself the entire time "Oh my god... what the hell is this stuff?!?!?!"
I swear I couldn't take it! It was horrible!!!!
It might take a while for me to get the next chapter up... I really can't emphasize just how... creepy it was o_O

Err... thanks in advance for understanding, and I am hoping I will be in the mood to write again before summer starts...

Mr.

OK...

I thought this was a Lord of the Rings fanfiction by the title.
Damn. =/

But it's good, very good.
A little bit short, and it could use some more omph in the words and such.
Kinda feels like a Bud Light when you read it.

It's still good, however.

Just gotta put some feeling in the words.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
I know exactly what you mean! (well... not entirely, never had a Bud Light xD)
(Oh, yea... about the title, it actually fits in with the story, and I love the LotR movies, so... yea)

As some of you know, I hate using the more "diverse" side of my vocabulary. It makes me feel so vain and awkward, seeing as I never really show it on a regular basis.
Sound weird? I know :D

Feeling, eh?
Err... having a few issues with emotions at the moment. I sort of spend a lot of my time contemplating the meaning of life, and have tried really hard to supress my emotions. (This really isn't helping me seem average now, is it?)

But the next chapter shall hopefully be more meaningful, that is if I ever am in the mood to write >.>

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
I hope you do write it! Sorry to hear about your current status!

Though, one thing about fics, you write it in your own style, and may sometimes take advice from readers of your fan fic. It would be interesting to see your diverse side, though, this is just an independant opinion..xD

Can't really help you with the meaning of life.. Or so I think... Since there is no meaning to life.. Only to those whom believe in a meaning of themselves, which brings purposes, and what that person thinks... Though, sadly, emotions are supposed to be a big part of your life, as some of the old saying goes,"Follow your heart!"... Which is... Idiotic..>.>

Sorry if I'm not helping much... I feel bleh today... Damn... I may be becoming more mature... Or normal....

Well, I know how you feel about looking back at what people write...=^_^= I remember I looked back at a chapter I wrote for a fanfic I hope to publish, and I was thinking what the hell, since I over did it very much.... Though, I'm planning to edit it....

Usually editing a chapter is the best way to make it go the way you want it to, then, there's one of those times when you have to go through a chapter, which you will forever despise, no matter what....

Damn.. I'm mumbling now!>.< Anyway, either way, I shall wait for an update, no matter how long it takes!=^_^=... Just as long I won't have to double post...xD Or anything like that, for it would look unproffesional...

.... Okay, I really need to shut up... NOW... I'm not making much logical sense....>.>

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Okay, I actually have yet another reason why I cannot write (Fate does not want me to apparently o_O)

My mom has suddenly started using my laptop to make a slide show for her job, so I basically have no access to it. I have not been able to write for over a week, and before that I had to finish up three... well, four (I had to germinate a seed >.>) projects.

I'll be able to start writing again around saturday, seeing as I have school Mon, Tues, and Wed, and Thursday and Friday I will be away. Again. I apologizew for the HUGE nearly month long delay, but I have been really busy lately v.v

Expect an update SUNDAY. (I can write on Saturday, but I think I have sopmething to do... not entirely sure...)
Sorry again.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Really? I can say the same for you :D

MEh, don't get your hopes up. I am sooo busy! And it's summer! I am so annoyed! I have had the most trying week ever... please just let me relax people! (Not you, just rambling and thinking about people I know >.>).

Seriosuly, I could use a nice long day of sleep (I've been having trouble sleeping past 5am... its sort of annoying >.>)...

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
What Golden_x_Heart said, the reason why we posted like this is because we were starting to get a little worried since it had been a long time since you last posted, and we didn't want to let the thread die! ;-;

Well, for me anyway. And sorry if I am one of the annoying people! T_T

That sucks, well, I hope when summer vacation starts, you can start to relax a little! This time of year is usually the most stressful, and yet, it is something we must overcome to finally relax!=^_^=... Until school starts again...>.>(Even though I like school, I hate getting up early!>.<)

Well, take your time, and please excuse my rambling!*bows*(Think of the bow as a japanese tradition, or when they show a way of coutesy... Damn... I suck at wording....>.<)

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
finally got here!!

yea, its pretty cool so far, lil short, but good, its awesome!!

hope the next chap is comin soon...!

I hope...!

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
It actually is!!!
It's a sign of the apocalypse! Duck for cover!!!

Nah, but I actually have plans of getting it done, now that I have free time :D
And, I have started to feel like life is actually good (my therapist knows about this xD), and am starting to get back to the things I like to do (such as writing) :)

Wow... I'm very happy... o_O

So, expect the next chapter... maybe this weekend =D

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
Ori?o.o For a minute, I though you said," Dusk," instead of,"Duck."...xD

Anyway, YAY!=^_^= Tie shall wait for an update. Though, I thought you had homework...o.o Meh, nevermind that last part!=^_^=

Lol, good to know you think life is good! Sorry to hear you didn't before...

xD Kind of reminds me of when you used to get kind of hyper in your last fic...xD Well, I shall wait for today!=^_^= My sister went to a go tournament, so I'm basicly going to be on the laptop for most of the day... Hey, has anyone seen Golden_x_Heart lately?

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Ohh... Errm...

She's leaving the forums :(
She said she'll work with you on your fic, read mine, and then leave.
I'm still gonna talk to her through e-mail, wonder if you'll do the same :/

Anyway, it's almost done!
I completely re-wrote it because I felt detached from my old work, and am making it more straight forward than usual.
As in, it reveals a huge part of the plot mainly because I couldn't incorporate it any other way xD

So, it will be up tonight. I PROMISE.

YEa, I had homework xD

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
T_T She is? I had no idea... I hope she'll take care! T_T I usually don't talk to people in email, or pms but I guess so...T_T

xD Knowing me, I probably won't get which part reveals a big part of the plot since I'll probably beNeh? o.o" or something... Damn me and my rambling...>.> And YAY!=^_^= THERE SHALL BE AN UPDATE! =^_____^=

Lol, be careful when you make promises!=^_^= For they can be easily broken... Well, by me anyway!xD

Good to know you finished your homework! Or, did you mean that you are not going to be given any more homework?o.o

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Tao, if you can read, you can figure it out xD
The whole chapter is revealing! (Err... not like that xD)

Tweaking it a bit, and then it'll be good to post.

Not that anybody who liked the first chapter still remembers this xD

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
I do! xD Which technicly counts and, most likely _masume_!... Dang me for saying the obvious all the time...>.>

xD Good to know, I guess...xD *Is trying to think of a comment to say about the revealing thing though which is impossible without sounding annoying...xD*

Well, I shall wait!=^_^=

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 2: The Remnants

~*~*~*~*~

In the long since abandoned castle looming over the thriving city of Hollow Bastion, a select group of people were chatting amongst themselves concerning what appeared to be a very solemn issue.

The band of people were hovering over a slab of circular cement that jutted up from the floor to about waist height in the middle of a tenebrous room.
The eleven members of the small company were of a different sort.

In the poor lighting of the room, only one thing was evident, they were all wearing the same type of cloak, with a few individual alterations for each wearer.
The cloaks were black in the dim of the room, but it was apparent that they were normally of a lighter brown shade rather than the charcoal color they were now.
There was an X going across the chest of the suits, going over each of the person’s shoulders and met in another X in the back of the outfit. The crosses were invisible in the room, but of course, they were still there, just as the visitors were non-existent to the rest of the world.
Varying in height and size, the group was one of the most abnormal that the halls of the castle had ever sheltered.

“Why did you summon us? I have business elsewhere. If this “meeting” does not start soon, I will have to leave,” said a rather stalwart male, whose voice was hinted with an unconventional English accent. He stood two persons to the right of the female who had spoken first.

“Calm yourself Dilan. I know very well that you have no business to attend to; do not try to fool us,” said a lanky yet muscular figure whose voice was deep and saturated with command. The figure known as Dilan turned from the speaker with his arms crossed high behind his back.

“Okay, cut to the chase. We all know something’s happened for you to call us here,” said a figure whose chest was as pronounced as a woman’s, but whose voice was too low to belong to a woman.
The two figures standing on opposite sides of the speaker nodded in agreement, one being the shortest of the group, the other being the tallest and obviously the most robust of the group.

The deep-voiced male regarded the speaker with a scowl, not visible of course, “Funny, isn’t it. If you are smart enough to recognize why it was I that summoned you than surely you should have known to address me with more respect.”

The last comment had some effect on the gathering. A few inhaled sharply, while others gaped at the speaker, while others still showed no signs of reaction, but it was clear that they were not prepared for such a stunning comment.

“You’re- you’re joking, right?” said a figure of average build with a childish stutter.

His apparent superior regarded him with the sad bow of his head, “No, I’m afraid I am not. Our leader was bested in combat by the keyblade’s chosen one.”

Before the still shocked gatherers could mutter amongst themselves, the man continued, “However, that does not mean he is entirely lost to us.”

A skeptical opposition coming from the feminine male cut through the resulting whispers, “Ansem himself said that we are not to interfere with their plans.”

The man who had taken charge of the meeting met his peer with a raised eyebrow, “Why Even, surely you remember that Ansem also stated if he was to part with us, that I was to take up his command.”
The others hushed to hear Even’s bitter response, “Of course.”
The man smiled with satisfaction as his fellow glared at him with resent, “Then why is it that you are questioning me?” when Even did not respond, and it was obvious he was ready to, the figure continued, “Good. As I was saying, our leader is still with us, or at least partially. Although he may not be aware of our presence at the moment, he soon will be.”

This brought about a deafening silence. Everyone was listening intently when the speaker continued, “Our superior’s other has plans of restoring himself and his followers to their original state.” He paused dramatically and glanced at everyone around him, “We cannot allow him to go through with these plans.”

The shorter of Even’s companions spoke up in a boyish yet deep voice, “I suppose you have a reason why.”

The speaker regarded him and continued, “Why of course. As you are all very well aware, we are, oxymoronically, heartless, despite the fact that we are in the possession of our original selves’ hearts. He is aware that our leader is now deceased, but he is unaware of our existence, as of now. However, I have little doubt that he won’t soon find us.”

Dilan, who had remained silent for the whole discussion, abruptly spoke out, “Why does this concern us?”

The speaker almost seemed prepared, “Well, our former leader plans on eliminating we heartless to retrieve the hearts we posses. Of course, the only way him and his followers can retrieve their hearts is by eliminating us.”
Most of the listeners had realized what was to be said before the speaker finished.

A man who hadn’t spoken yet contributed his opinion, “So what? Can’t we just go back to our regular business? As you said Esai, they don’t know where we are.”

The speaker, Esai, laughed lightly.
“You, Braig, don’t believe that your other wouldn’t be able to hunt you with your superb tracking skills? I find it unlikely.”

The man did not rest his opinion, “Again, why should we worry? I think we can all handle facing ourselves.”
Esai was ready for the challenge, “Who says it would be ourselves? Do you forget he has the keybearer’s nobody amongst his crew, and that it was the keybearer who eliminated our leader?”

Braig was about to speak, but Even cut him off with a curt response, “You contradict yourself.”
Esai sighed tiredly and regarded Even in an exasperated tone, “You really do enjoy finding my flaws, don’t you? Of course it is not necessarily a flaw in this case, as you assuredly already know, seeing as they could send out Brian’s counterpart and the keybearer’s other together to eliminate him, so only at one level do I contradict myself.”
Even grinned maliciously, “I expected as much. Carry on.”

Esai nodded and turned back to the group, “As you can see, if we remain separated they will be able to pick us off one by one. I propose that we remain here and bid our time here. If by some chance our counterparts manage to find us, we have a much better chance facing them together.”
Certain members including Dilan and the female nodded in agreement, others such as Even and his two companions shook their heads, while the majority of the group, again, showed no signs of what they were thinking.

An unfamiliar speaker voiced a flaw in Esai’s plan, “Why would we stay here? Is this not the place that our leader had stayed himself? Wouldn’t this be the first place Xemnas checked?”
Esai raised an eyebrow and regarded the English man, “May I ask, Rould, how is it that you know the name of our Superior’s other and how would Xemnas know this is where our leader stayed?”
Rould responded with a smug grin, “I can ask the same of you.”

Esai was ready for it, “Ansem held me in higher regard than you, obviously, and he personally told me of our others, and I passed on the knowledge to you. Although, I don’t recall ever slipping the name of our leader’s other.”
Rould quickly glanced at a member who had not yet spoken without Esai noticing, and continued in a dull tone, “I have my sources.”
Esai glared at him with a penetrating stare, “You were told to lay low.”
Rould let out a booming laugh, “Ha! You truly believed we all were going to obey? No, a quiet life didn’t suite me.”

Esai rolled his eyes, “I expected as much from a gambler… Back to the point. Do you know of any other safe spots where we can stay?”
Rould smiled slyly, “Of course. Ever heard of Traverse Town?”
Esai didn’t even have to answer. One of the few members who had not yet spoken openly opposed Rould’s idea, “You’ve got to be kidding me; Traverse Town? That place is a ghost town now that no more evacuees are feeling to it!”

Esai turned to the man with a demeaning look, “I see you too have disobeyed orders. However, I agree Rould. Organization XIII does not pay attention to the town anymore. It would be a perfect place for us to bid our time, together.”

Certain members chuckled, while others still remained silent.
Even, predictably, questioned his new superior, “When shall we be leaving? I would like to take some time to read our deceased leader’s reports on the darkness.”
Esai gestured at Even’s shorter partner with his hand, “I assume Ienzo would like to as well. Very well, I shall give you all two week’s time to gather your things and take a look around this place. Even, you should expect to see me in the lab as well. I too am interested to see just what our leader was thinking in our absence. You may all go.”

The small gathering turned from the table and exited the room in small packs. Even and his two friends were huddled together, obviously discussing the outcome of the meeting, Braig and Dilan had drifted towards Rould, who was eyeing the female member as she spoke to two anonymous members, and Esai had sparked a conversation with the childish member, who appeared to be lost in his peer’s words, but they all soon parted company, and went their separate ways.

~~~~~~~~~

Well, here you go :D
Please review, I tried a different writing style for this chapter just to see if you like it =D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back