• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Days Really a Bad Game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days a bad game in terms of General games?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Days was fun. gameplay was okay, story was interesting, but the whole "lets have ice cream after every mission" thing was annoying.
While I kind of agree with you, those scenes needed to be there. Sharing ice cream with Axel and Xion meant everything to Roxas. Outside his job, that was his whole life.

Decrith

While I kind of agree with you, those scenes needed to be there. Sharing ice cream with Axel and Xion meant everything to Roxas. Outside his job, that was his whole life.

Yea, I have to completely agree with this. If you imagine his missions as a boring old day job, its pretty much his only reason to live. Its the only time he gets to have a moment with friends.

Just imagine yourself in his position, your working for a organization(company), you don't know why you're there but you just have to be, lonely, sad, empty.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Even Square Enix thinks they made a crappy game. The HD version will only be cutscenes

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
You won't actually be playing it. All that it will contain are the cutscenes, most likely in a disjointed sequence. Why they made that choice is beyond my knowledge but it is a way to make the story accessible for some people.

I'll tell you right now that between watching them comfortably on my bed in my PS3 or seeing them on youtube while sitting down, I would pick the former.

Awards
Right. I was just pointing out that square enix is not trying to brush Days under the rug by only including the event scenes in KH1.5.

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Because they would have to pretty much rework the entire game to make it compatible with the PS3, and they didn't want to invest that much time and effort.

Want may not be the best word for it, but I understand where you're coming from. It's probably not the easiest consolidating a dual screen title and the gameplay did feel like the weakest element of Days, so I say we're getting the meat and potatoes from the entry with the redone (and additional) scenes.

With KHIII drawing ever nearer, it's time to get these HD titles churned out. I'd rather Days and other non-numbered titles get some sort of nod, than dismissed entirely.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
To make Days playable for the HD collection, they would have had to completely rebuild the game from the ground up. Clearly for the sake of both time and money, they've chosen against doing so and have instead decided to turn the originally text-based cutscenes into fully voiced ones.

This was the quickest and most efficient way to get new fans caught up with KH's story line, without having to build an entirely new game (re:Days).

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
I thought the game was alright in terms of storyline, I wasn't a massive fan of the whole mission based aspect of it and I would have preffered a more let's say KH1/2 approach to thing, even if it was on DS, but I did like the game an awful lot in that it really pieced together the Organisations views on things and also because Roxas is the best character in the KH universe aha!

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Want may not be the best word for it, but I understand where you're coming from. It's probably not the easiest consolidating a dual screen title and the gameplay did feel like the weakest element of Days, so I say we're getting the meat and potatoes from the entry with the redone (and additional) scenes.

With KHIII drawing ever nearer, it's time to get these HD titles churned out. I'd rather Days and other non-numbered titles get some sort of nod, than dismissed entirely.

Wish people would stop using the dual screen as an excuse. the dual screen only really provided the camera, mission objective, and a map.

The map can be put into the top right corner. The Mission bar can be moved to the place where the information bar appears, and the camera can be mapped to R3

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I used to say that they should have had a chapter based systems for days in terms of storyline flow. I suggested 13 chapters would be good, but now that I fool around with the idea I think that may be stretching the story a little too much. Perhaps 10 Chapters and then a Secret Chapter you have to unlock.

Worlds:

1. The World That Never Was
2. Twilight Town
3. Agrbah
4. Beast's Castle
5. Olympus Coliseum/Underworld
6. Halloween Town/Christmas Town
7. Land of Dragons
8. Port Royal
9. Castle Oblivion (Secret Chapter Only)

I even created my own boss list:

Name: HP: Level (LV)

1. Gaurd Armor: 250/Limbs: 100x4 (LV:2)
2. Darkside: 400 (LV:3)
3. Veil Lizard: 750 (LV:6)
4. Pete: 500 (LV:7)
5. Antlion: 835 (LV:9)
6. Lock, Shock, and Barrel: 210x3 (LV:13)
7. Neo Behemoth: 1200 (LV:15) [Replaces Dark Follower in Beast's Castle]
8. Bomb Barrel Millipede: 975 (LV:19) [Land of Dragon version of Pot Centipede with firecracker barrels]
9. Xigbar: 720 (LV:23)
10. Powered Armor: 700/Limbs: 200x4 (LV:23)
11. Gaston and Infernal Engine: 540/1600 (LV:28)
12. Christmas Chimera: 1215 (LV:31) [This is something like a Christmas version prototype of the experiment from KH2 Halloween Town]
13. Commodore Norrington and Troops: 900/200x2 (LV:33) [I got a plot in mind to explain Norrington's absence in KH2]
14. Cerberus: 1385 (LV:35)
15. Leech Grave: 1500/Dark Tentacles: 250x4 (LV:38)
16. Voltage Lord and Twister Lord: 1125x2 (LV:40) [Thunder and Wind versions of Blizzard Lord and Volcano Lord/Fought in Land of Dragons)
17. Hades: 1620 (LV:43)
18. Ruler of the Sky: 1465 (LV:45) [Appears in Port Royal instead of Never Land]
19. Pete II: 1300 (LV:47) [Fought in Land of Dragons]
20. Genie-Jafar: 1280 (LV:48) [Little Scenario to explain how Iago escaped from the lamp]
21. Opposite Armor: 900/Limbs: 250x4 (LV:50)
22. Lurk Lizard: 1570 (LV:50)
23. Dark Follower: 1650 (LV:50)
24. Saix: 1800 (LV:53)
25. Xion: 500 (LV:55)
26. Xion II: 1100 (LV:55)
27. Xion III: 650 (LV:55)
28. Xion IV: 2350 (LV:55)
29. Riku: 1950 (LV:60)
-Secret Chapter Bosses- (Playable Character: Xion) [Takes place between Xemnas capturing her and her meeting Roxas at the clocktower for their final battle]
1. Axel: 1825 (LV:70) [Playable Version of their battle at the old mansion)
2. Xemnas: 2500 (LV:75)
3. Xemnas (King Mech): 2600 (LV:75) [Xemnas in the King Mech he was orignally supposed to use for his final battle in KH2)

-Secret Bosses-

1. Dustflier (I would use some other type of heartless): 2800 (LV:85)
2. Memory Sora: 3000 (LV:99) [A Non Canon Memory Sora that can be fought in Mission Mode after completing all Missions in Mission Mode

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Wish people would stop using the dual screen as an excuse. the dual screen only really provided the camera, mission objective, and a map.

The map can be put into the top right corner. The Mission bar can be moved to the place where the information bar appears, and the camera can be mapped to R3
this is correct. the real problem is in the models, the amount of KH2 work that would have to be done, and everything else that was new in Days.

SuckItWolverine

Not really that bad...
I mean I played it without sound,It was still nice.:redface:

-Secret Bosses-

1. Dustflier (I would use some other type of heartless): 2800 (LV:85)
2. Memory Sora: 3000 (LV:99) [A Non Canon Memory Sora that can be fought in Mission Mode after completing all Missions in Mission Mode

I think it´s sad how I never see the secret bosses.:frown:

Last edited by a moderator:

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
What's bad and good is subjective.

I enjoyed this game more then birth by sleep. But most people won't share that opinion.

Angi3

i for one, loved it! it made me cry...even though there where some bosses i could never past w/o my little brother doing it for me! xD

Ech0.7

Days wan't bad​...it was just a drastic change of gameplay, especially for people who had been playing since the series' beginning. I know the mission based system threw me off big time when I got my hands on it. As for the graphics, they don't look good NOW, but when it first came out it was impressive considering its handheld predecessor (CoM). Overall the story was good and the ability to play as all of the Org. XIII members was awesome. One of the only major problems I had with it was that some of the weapon designs were very generic IMO and I'm not a fan of the use of palette swapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back