• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Square taking these games too seriously?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xircs-Number I

Now dont get me wrong , Im a huge fan of square and kingdom hearts but sometimes it just seems like theyre treating Kingdom hearts like its a series of top secret games thats going to save the world.its a DISNEY game for crying out loud! are the little kids who play it really gonna be able to understand all the complex storylines?You look at all the other game companies that advertise their games like theyre...well games.

i mean Square and Nomura do all these interviews and act like its the end of the world if we know too much.They start all this hype by telling us stuff that doesnt even make sense and is sometimes not even true.Im gonna play BBS when it comes out but i doubt itll be as great as square is making it out to be.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
It's not just Nomura and SE who do that. Lots of companies build up hype like that. It's a marketing strategy.

Y

Yannis

Now dont get me wrong , Im a huge fan of square and kingdom hearts but sometimes it just seems like theyre treating Kingdom hearts like its a series of top secret games thats going to save the world.its a DISNEY game for crying out loud! are the little kids who play it really gonna be able to understand all the complex storylines?You look at all the other game companies that advertise their games like theyre...well games.

i mean Square and Nomura do all these interviews and act like its the end of the world if we know too much.They start all this hype by telling us stuff that doesnt even make sense and is sometimes not even true.Im gonna play BBS when it comes out but i doubt itll be as great as square is making it out to be.

The KH-games have grown-up. It grows with the fans. Those fans who were 12 in times of kh1 are now like 17.

afrobutt

Silver Member
of coarse their gonna takes the games seriously, THEY'RE A VIDOE GAME COMPANY. It's their goal to make good games. If they lack off on it, it'll suck. And as for it being for children, look at the ages of some of the members of this forum ;P

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
of coarse their gonna takes the games seriously, THEY'RE A VIDOE GAME COMPANY. It's their goal to make good games. If they lack off on it, it'll suck. And as for it being for children, look at the ages of some of the members of this forum ;P

Funny how most of the older members don't post in the KH sections...

afrobutt

Silver Member
do i sense some mockering? =D I like KH, Im not childish..;D

oh no, i wasn't implying anything like that ^^ (same here) im jus saying KH can be considered very mature in its more subtle undertones (darkness of the heart and stuff like that)

Y

Yannis

oh no, i wasn't implying anything like that ^^ (same here) im jus saying KH can be considered very mature in its more subtle undertones (darkness of the heart and stuff like that)
yup, my brother who is 10 doesnt understand about KH, partly because it´s english language..

I was about 12 when I played kh1 first time =)

[√]Genuflect
Yannis said:
The KH-games have grown-up. It grows with the fans. Those fans who were 12 in times of kh1 are now like 17

Yannis said:
I was about 12 when I played kh1 first time =)
Lol, you were referring to your self.

Xircs-Number I

Im not talking about age groups that play it.Im saying that square is treating these games like theyre just some big deal when theyre not.Kingdom hearts is just a game and i think its ridiculous how they put such complex storylines and cutscenes in the games that cause us to think about stuff instead of just enoying playing it like all the other games we play.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Im not talking about age groups that play it.Im saying that square is treating these games like theyre just some big deal when theyre not.Kingdom hearts is just a game and i think its ridiculous how they put such complex storylines and cutscenes in the games that cause us to think about stuff instead of just enoying playing it like all the other games we play.

So it being a videogame means it can't be deep, complex, and it making us think is a bad thing? You're denouncing some of the best things a videogame can have.

Rix

:)
Awards
It's all about strategy... They want to earn a lot of money on those games so they are making this hype to make us wanna buy it more and more... It's about money I think..

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I just hate it when they announce a game like 2 years before they are ready to release it. I know it's to build up hype but it's a pain in the @$$ when you are anticipating something so simple as a game for 2 years.

[√]Genuflect
Wait, Games can't have good yet confusing storyline?

D

Dexter

ts a DISNEY game for crying out loud!

Acutally it's a Square game with Disney characters in it. So it's more of a "Square game for crying out loud!"

are the little kids who play it really gonna be able to understand all the complex storylines?

Kh is growing up. So is it's audience.

at all the other game companies that advertise their games like theyre...well games.

Lol...Thinks of Halo for a second.

i mean Square and Nomura do all these interviews and act like its the end of the world if we know too much.

It's a marketing stradgey, get used to it.

They start all this hype by telling us stuff that doesnt even make sense and is sometimes not even true.

Name one occasion.

Im gonna play BBS when it comes out but i doubt itll be as great as square is making it out to be.

How's is Square making any of these games sound so great? It's not like they go "BBS is gonna be the best kh game EVA!!!!" I don't see the point of you thinking BBS will suck before it comes out in a year.

Im saying that square is treating these games like theyre just some big deal when theyre not.

Acutally it is. Kh is Square's crown jewl. In the American market kh is becoming more popular than FF. That says ALOT when you think about it. So of course they'll take this seriousley.

Kingdom hearts is just a game and i think its ridiculous how they put such complex storylines and cutscenes in the games that cause us to think

Well think of kh as a novel. The game sole pupose isn't just to hit stuff and have fun for a couple of hours but to captivate us in it's story, and magic. I mean besides the gameplay the only real reason I play kh is because of it's story....//

A

Anima Relic

Yeah, I hate that too, but most of the time it's worth it. Plus, sometimes it actually takes two years to make a game.

A

Anima Relic

Same for me Rpg master, gameplay and storyline are my main thing I"m looking for in games, I could care less about graphics, I'm no graphics whore XD

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
of course SE is going to take KH seriously. When KH first started we were all 12 or 11. [I was 12, just like that guy said.] Now we're 16+. Following the storyline, we're growing up with Sora and them. =]

Sacred X

Freshmeat
I just hate it when they announce a game like 2 years before they are ready to release it. I know it's to build up hype but it's a pain in the @$$ when you are anticipating something so simple as a game for 2 years.

You think two years is bad? Look up Duke Nukem Forever. A game that was promised around 1997, and it still isn't out. They continue to release trailers and bump the release dates continuously, but it's been over 10 years. Think about how the Duke Nukem fans feel.

Xircs, many have already said what I wanted to. They need to make their games sound exciting in order to sell. Kingdom Hearts is a very successful franchise, so yes, it is a big deal. I wouldn't call it a Disney game, but as a previous poster said, a Square game with Disney characters in it. The main Disney characters that have really mattered during the series are Mickey and Maleficent. This is easily overshadowed by Sora, Riku, Kairi, Namine, Xehanort, Organization XIII, Ansem, Xehanort's heartless, et al.

As for the complex story line, some things can get deep, but not confusing. I've played through KH1 and KH2 without reading any theories and just played with what I saw. I still enjoyed it. When I played them a second time around, I noticed a lot more and things made a lot more sense. The main thing that may be classified as confusing is what Nomura tells us in interviews. This is when theories spark up, but I can say once we actually play the games, what goes on and what has already been discovered will be given to us ingame.

Another user has also stated how these KH games began when we were younger, and grow with us. This is another possibility for KH getting more deep when you look at how games such as Sonic and The Legend of Zelda have evolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back