• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Jak and Daxter, anyone?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamapox

ahh ok, i thought the other had more stuff in it. i think i'll get the Ps2 version regardless of reviews. platforming is way better on a home console imo.
The game was originally developed for the PSP, so it's much better to play on it. The PS2 version, being a port, doesn't meet the quality of previous games. It feels kind of empty, and is missing a few controls (like the roll button).

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
played the first 3 and stopped after that. The second one was the best, but overall it was a good series. The first feels so out of place though seeing the incredible dramatic change when playing the second game

Coeurl

Demon Dance
The game was originally developed for the PSP, so it's much better to play on it. The PS2 version, being a port, doesn't meet the quality of previous games. It feels kind of empty, and is missing a few controls (like the roll button).
hmm.. then i might reconsider it. still, ive played the first part of TFL on psp and i didn't really like it..

played the first 3 and stopped after that. The second one was the best, but overall it was a good series. The first feels so out of place though seeing the incredible dramatic change when playing the second game
that's what i thought when i first played II. plus II and 3 weren't all that different. even the graphics changed that much. though i think TPL is the best.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
I actually love the quick change between the first and second games. They're completely different, but it works. The stories change dramatically.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
that's what i thought when i first played II. plus II and 3 weren't all that different. even the graphics changed that much. though i think TPL is the best.

they were both good games. the 3rd installment was just a little more sad though, as the city became completely destroyed

I actually love the quick change between the first and second games. They're completely different, but it works. The stories change dramatically.

well i never said the change was bad. I enjoyed the transition of Jak especially. It was nice to actually see him talk, curse even.

Darkwing_Duck

I liked the series quite a bit, the second was my favourite though. First game was also good but I was a little let down with the third game. Still a nice game.

I'd definitely like to see a Jak Collection, I wonder if there will ever be one though...

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I've beaten The Lost Frontier. Actually all Jak games, but whatever. And that's including Daxter.
But yeah, Lost Frontier doesn't really feel like a great Jak game, but the ending hints that a sequel will follow. And for those interested, Daxter gets a Dark Form like Jak in that game.
Which reminds me of how badass it was when Jak first spoke in 2. As a littler kid I was freaking out at the commercial on TV.
"JAK! JAK! SAY SOMETHING FOR ONCE!"
"RRRRR DAMMIT!"
His personality like totally switches in 2 from the little quiet kid to your typical badass.

RoxSoxKH

The first game, while far different then the following two, is still damn good. And I loved Daxter (the PSP game) because it was the most similar to The Precursor Legacy. Although, for anyone playing the games in chronological order, Daxter spoils a helluva lot, and ruins that epic surprise at the end of the second game.
Jak X, it has no real story signifigance, but I love the gameplay. I loved the Zoomers and hoverboards and desert chases from the first three games, so, having a whole game revolving around that aesthetic was a double win for me.
I'm not totally sure what games win out in total, but more then likely for me, it's Jak 2.
I havn't even bothered to get the Lost Frontier specifically, but if I see it, I guess I'll grab it.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I LOVE the second and third games. Got 'em both back when they first came out, and still have 'em both somewhere (I think/hope), but sadly, I'm stuck on the LAST boss in Jak II. :( I made the dumb mistake of accidentally jumping into the fight without restocking my ammo on all the guns, and it auto-saved RIGHT at the fight.

Still, LOVE this series and would be very happy to see 'em bring an entry to the PS3.

RoxSoxKH

I LOVE the second and third games. Got 'em both back when they first came out, and still have 'em both somewhere (I think/hope), but sadly, I'm stuck on the LAST boss in Jak II. :( I made the dumb mistake of accidentally jumping into the fight without restocking my ammo on all the guns, and it auto-saved RIGHT at the fight.

Still, LOVE this series and would be very happy to see 'em bring an entry to the PS3.
Jak 2 is impossible. Lets leave it lie... XD

Coeurl

Demon Dance
jak II was easy sauce overall. the only impossible task was when you ride that pod and you have to shoot all those friggin flying krimzon guards.. now that was impossible. it took me days to finish that.

RoxSoxKH

The TRUE impossible mission is when you have to make it from one side of the dock to the other with dozens upon dozens of KG raining down on you. Touch the water, and you die, touch the water and get back up, you still die, stay away from the water, get killed by guards, get on hoverboard, kill yourself by running into crowds of guards...

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
jak II was easy sauce overall. the only impossible task was when you ride that pod and you have to shoot all those friggin flying krimzon guards.. now that was impossible. it took me days to finish that.

I agree. My only issue with the final boss was the fact I jumped in with practically no ammo (completely empty on the Vulcan Fury and Peace Maker, with full-stock on the Scatter Gun and some ammo on the rifle, as I recall)

And YES, that pod mission took me ages. :(

Coeurl

Demon Dance
what is this dock mission yall talkin about? is this where you retrieve one of brutter's artifacts in that area where the oracle is?

I agree. My only issue with the final boss was the fact I jumped in with practically no ammo (completely empty on the Vulcan Fury and Peace Maker, with full-stock on the Scatter Gun and some ammo on the rifle, as I recall)

And YES, that pod mission took me ages. :(
if i remember it right, there are krimzon crates on the area where you fight Kor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back