• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi's Future Importance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Wow, I admire Org_42, you have brought up a lot of good points, but eh... I guess it's all down to interpretation I guess. A picture can hold so many meanings, I guess. Alternative Reading is the term. I would debate, but so far, I cannot be arsed. Maybe next time.

Yes, a handful. Does the group of people who hate Kairi on KHInsider look like "a handful" to you?

Not really, I call it a 'bunch of twats'. Which is why even though I like posting on KHI, I don't like a lot of 'members' except those certain few, because they have their own minds for once.

Well, you'd have to write it well. That's the key.

Even if I write it well, I know I won't because I don't want to end up like Rain. Literally, if I have fans like that, I would literally insult them. Yes, Rain is kinda a good role model in a way, but I wouldn't be. I'm not kind enough because I would end up tearing my own fans, who support my theory in a way.
While I do find it annoying when people simply type, "Read Rain's essay!" when asked why they don't like Kairi (C'mon people, form your OWN arguements!), I don't hold that against Rain. I mostly agree with her about SoNami anyway.
Agreed, Rain's Fans =/= Should hate rain. A fan community can make something look awfully bad. FF7 being an example.

Grey

Congratulation, 3-D. Why didn't we think of that? I mean, it's not like we haven't mentioned it around 2 pages ago.

He said it was a popular idea.

So, anyway, I don't see her ever becoming evil. I'd like it if tension was created between Sora/Riku and Kairi, to where Kairi disagreed with Sora and Riku and went off to do her own thing. Something to show off her independence and high willpower, rather than make her a tag-a-long for Sora and Riku.

Actually, having Sora, Riku, and Kairi all be tense towards each other and have the three separate for a period of time would be good for their characters, and would be an easy and simple way to develop character.

However, it'd have to be something similar to: Kairi being angry, going her own way, and Sora and Riku arguing, with Riku arguing that Kairi should be able to do her own thing, and Sora arguing that Kairi needs to be protected (or vice-versa), and then Sora and Riku do their own separate things, too.

I dunno. Something like that. I'd like to see that for KH3.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
I don't like the idea of Kairi becoming evil. They already did that with Riku, she deserves to have her own unique storyline.

Kairi as a full fledged fighter...No

she would mostly just get in the way

Or she could always learn how to fight in the next game...? She didn't do badly in KH2, she just needs guidance and practice. *would love to see Tifa, Aerith, and Yuffie showing her their tricks*

Wow, I admire Org_42, you have brought up a lot of good points, but eh... I guess it's all down to interpretation I guess. A picture can hold so many meanings, I guess. Alternative Reading is the term. I would debate, but so far, I cannot be arsed. Maybe next time.

Thank you! And yes, it really is all down to interpretation. I tend to interpret the characters' actions in a positive light (unless they're the villains) and others look at the same scenes in a negative way.

Not really, I call it a 'bunch of twats'. Which is why even though I like posting on KHI, I don't like a lot of 'members' except those certain few, because they have their own minds for once.

That's not quite what I meant; I was trying to say that I'm sure there are "a handful" of Kairi haters here and there, but KHI has built up a pretty large base. It gets to the point where some people act like they can't comprehend that someone could be an intelligent KH fan and a Kairi fan at the same time. I guess I can't really blame them though, because it's gotten to the point where so many people here hate Kairi, it's become the norm, and it looks strange when someone declares that they like her.

It works both ways too, when a new person who likes or is indifferent to Kairi joins the forums, sees the amount of people who hate her, and either freak out or ask politely why that is so. And then you basically see a clash in civilizations, as the newbie is so used to people liking her that he/she can't understand why so many people don't. And the people here are so used to bashing Kairi that many come off sounding confused when someone starts freaking out, or dismiss the person as someone who's been horribly misinformed and needs to be enlightened. (Note: I say MANY, not ALL.) At least, that's what I think when threads like these pop up, because everyone's actions are always predictable. The newb is angry and upset, the Kairi Haters rattle off their usual speeches, the Kairi Fans become emboldened as they sense a newcomer and a reason to make their views heard again. It goes on for pages and pages until it either dies down, or someone closes it, and the discussion ends...for now. The Kairi Fans sink back into anonymity and everything goes back to normal until another newb arrives and the cycle starts again.

Agreed, Rain's Fans =/= Should hate rain. A fan community can make something look awfully bad. FF7 being an example.

Yeah, Rain is arguably one of the sanest of the Kairi Haters; she's often the one who tells people to back off if they start bashing Kairi in a thread that's off topic, because she knows it just makes them look bad. And she founded the Kairi Fan Club for us so that we'd have somewhere to go and discuss her positively. I like her, I just don't agree with her about Kairi, and we've both come to accept that about each other.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Blame Chev for this.

Kairi is the most downplayed significant main character in the KH series.

*frowns at the word in bold*

If she is going to be a main character then why only focus on her bein the most important Princess of Heart

Uh... seeing how she wasn't even there at the end of KH1, she's the least significant Princess of Heart, as far as being a Princess of Heart goes. As far as Kairi goes, it's only a title slapped on so they'd have an excuse to have her in the first game.
And they pissed off at that in the second game altogether so it comes to show how much Kairi being a PoH means here.

and why would they revela her keyblade at the end of KH2?

Because they needed to explain Duel Wielding and tie Xehanort to the Keyblade via Riku.

Riku is stressed more than her but does not have the same importance she has.

...Riku = Sora's story. Have we been playing the same game?

She is also one of the most develpoed characters in the KH series that has not been rewarded with more screen time or has any gameplay whatsoever.

Olette >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kairi. :I
And if you can't see the basic contradiction in what you said, it's a sad day for mankind.

Even Riku gets a tidbit of gameplay in KH2 and possibly Days.

p.p ok now it's all clear, you've NEVER played CoM.

Even her Nobody seems to have more importance than her which is just wrong.

Why? Kairi's a personality-less plot device that is supposed to be nothing more than motivation for the people that do matter, being Sora and Riku. Replace her with Namine or Selphie and you'd get essentially the same plot through KH1 and most of KH2 (well, if you replaced her with Selphie, not Namine, obviously).
Kairi as Kairi doesn't matter at all. She matters because she's the seventh PoH, and Sora and Riku's childhood friend. She has no importance on her own.
Sora? Protagonist. He only reacts, but his reactions speak volumes.
Riku? The true moving force of the plot through KH1, has more than enough importance in CoM, and is the true reason Sora's doing what he's doing in KH2.
Kairi's a plot victim and almost anyone could've filled in her role, with better results.

-Kairi is one of the Keyblade Wielders and deserves some more screen time and gameplay.

Setting aside the fact that Kairi isn't a wielder, who said that getting screen time and gameplay are a good thing? Look at Sora in KH2. Lots of screen time, lots of gameplay, negative character development. And for someone that doesn't do squat, Kairi got more than enough screen time. It's just that they've done nothing with her screen time.
And then we have Namine who isn't a fighter at all but like you yourself has said - has much more importance than Kairi. So making Kairi playable isn't helping - it's them admitting that they failed utterly and miserably with everything they tried to base with her thus far.

-She obviously has a part in the Xion-Sora connection and needs to be revealed more character wise because her high developmesnt is obviously downplayed.

Not getting into this, but the Xion-Sora relation is more than enough to explain Xion, without either Aqua or Kairi being involved :I

-She also has an obvious connection to Aqua due to name similarities. (Kai, Aqua)

Yeah, no. It shows that Sora-Riku-Kairi, and Ven-Terra-Aqua. Not everyone in TAV are related to SRK. Aqua's the leading candidate on that. And besides, Namine and Kairi are related. Namine is important, hence Kairi is too - indirectly. However, if that's the kind of importance you want to shove at Kairi, you're admitting the girl on her lonesome has no value whatsoever :I
Sora's important on his own right.
Roxas, despite being Sora's Nobody, has his own role to play and his own side-game.
Namine had her own side-game. Kairi was a plot device in SoRiku interaction.
If you need to relate Kairi to Aqua and Xion to have her be important, you're admitting the girl on her lonesome has no right to exist in the KH universe.

Basically, all Kairi haters BACK OFF! because she is one of the most important, highly developed characters in the KH series and just has not gotten the time in the spotlight she so highly deserves.

Strawberries and Fairy Wings - The Princess and her Shadow

happy reading. Hope you survive.
Or not.

I don't like the idea of Kairi becoming evil. They already did that with Riku, she deserves to have her own unique storyline.

:I The sad thing is that leaves her only with being kidnapped again, since her becoming a fighter isn't unique either. As much as being a damsel in distress sucks for her, that's the only "unique" storyline they can give her that hasn't been done, seeing how even Namine had an active role.
You want her to be unique? Keep giving her close to zero plot relevance in the long run as far as her being her counts. That's unique.

Or she could always learn how to fight in the next game...?

That's not unique. You're contradicting yourself.

She didn't do badly in KH2, she just needs guidance and practice.

You SERIOUSLY need to rewatch it :I she sucked ass.

Yeah, Rain is arguably one of the sanest of the Kairi Haters; she's often the one who tells people to back off if they start bashing Kairi in a thread that's off topic, because she knows it just makes them look bad. And she founded the Kairi Fan Club for us so that we'd have somewhere to go and discuss her positively. I like her, I just don't agree with her about Kairi, and we've both come to accept that about each other.

Y Halo Thar.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com

While I like the thought of Kairi turning evil all in the sense of the light, I don't honestly think it's going to happen. Whatever they want her to do, I just want her to stick with it. And I know I've said this before, but, like you said, it all gets rehashed at points.

I don't like how Kairi is all over the place. She's a friend- no, wait, she might be more. She's a damsel-in-distress, no, she's a PoH-in-distress. But then she's saved, and goes back to the islands. But, instead of waiting at the islands, like she was asked to, she thinks waiting isn't good enough. Axel coming to kidnap her might have been the catalyst to her leaving, but she would have found another opportunity lying around some corner.

Or she could always learn how to fight in the next game...? She didn't do badly in KH2, she just needs guidance and practice. *would love to see Tifa, Aerith, and Yuffie showing her their tricks*

I would like it if Kairi became a fighter, or a mage. That would give her some importance and, yes, more scenes with which to develop her character.

The only thing that worries me is that, though three games so far, the writers have failed at making into her a truly likable character. You yourself don't particularly like her. You just think she has potential and don't dismiss her out of turn. I think she has potential, I just don't think it'll ever come- not without completely re-writing her, thus losing, essentially, who Kairi is.

Thank you! And yes, it really is all down to interpretation. I tend to interpret the characters' actions in a positive light (unless they're the villains) and others look at the same scenes in a negative way.

Everything is down to interpretations. I interpret most characters' actions in a positive light. Kairi is the only one that I've never truly been able to get past. Her character is just so flawed, and on top of that, she shows such disregard for Riku and even Selphie. Her obsession is with Sora.

That's not quite what I meant; I was trying to say that I'm sure there are "a handful" of Kairi haters here and there, but KHI has built up a pretty large base. It gets to the point where some people act like they can't comprehend that someone could be an intelligent KH fan and a Kairi fan at the same time. I guess I can't really blame them though, because it's gotten to the point where so many people here hate Kairi, it's become the norm, and it looks strange when someone declares that they like her.

We must keep in mind that KHI is also an extremely large member-based forum. I know that someone can be a Kairi fan and be intelligent, and I don't dismiss out of turn their thoughts. I just don't believe them, because of interpretations.

It works both ways too, when a new person who likes or is indifferent to Kairi joins the forums, sees the amount of people who hate her, and either freak out or ask politely why that is so. And then you basically see a clash in civilizations, as the newbie is so used to people liking her that he/she can't understand why so many people don't. And the people here are so used to bashing Kairi that many come off sounding confused when someone starts freaking out, or dismiss the person as someone who's been horribly misinformed and needs to be enlightened. (Note: I say MANY, not ALL.) At least, that's what I think when threads like these pop up, because everyone's actions are always predictable. The newb is angry and upset, the Kairi Haters rattle off their usual speeches, the Kairi Fans become emboldened as they sense a newcomer and a reason to make their views heard again. It goes on for pages and pages until it either dies down, or someone closes it, and the discussion ends...for now. The Kairi Fans sink back into anonymity and everything goes back to normal until another newb arrives and the cycle starts again.

Actually, if you go back through this thread, the Kairi-haters didn't start to swarm around it until about the fifth or so page, when I came in.

And, really, this person is not asking politely why we hate Kairi. He doesn't care about our opinions, which I don't blame him, really, but still. He shouldn't make such a post, tell us to back-off (when we're not doing anything to any members or Kairi), and then not expect us to answer in some way. While, I admit, that this thread will eventually, if it hasn't already, go to hell in a handcart, everyone should get their chance to be heard. We don't go trolling through the KHI forums and tell people to hate Kairi, or that they're idiots for not hating her. That's why we have the clubs. The haters go theirs, and the lovers go to theirs, problem solved, so I really don't see why he thinks we've done anything to him.

The Kairi-haters rattle off their usual speeches? Isn't it the same for the Kairi-lovers? We hate Kairi for some of the very same reasons that you believe she should be liked. It all boils down to interpretation. In the end, though, we all say the exact same thing.

I like to imagine I'm sane. Just because we all have different view points on Kairi and everything else under the sun doesn't mean that we have to go at each others throats about it. Rain is probably the best one to understand this.

Grey

:I The sad thing is that leaves her only with being kidnapped again, since her becoming a fighter isn't unique either. As much as being a damsel in distress sucks for her, that's the only "unique" storyline they can give her that hasn't been done, seeing how even Namine had an active role.
You want her to be unique? Keep giving her close to zero plot relevance in the long run as far as her being her counts. That's unique.

(just to add on to this little tidbit--)

Kairi can be the "damsel in distress", but if she has personality, it's OK for her. Yes, if she was a damsel-in-distress with personality and had even an ounce of non-helplessness, she would be perfectly fine.

I'm not arguing against or for anything or anybody, but just pointing out that, should Kairi receive character development (since her personality is most likely the "outgoing and optimistic girl who laughs a lot and cares for her friends", she doesn't necessarily need a change in personality so long as the current one is developed), she won't be the useless plot device that she admittedly resembles. She doesn't need to be a magician, a protagonist-turned-antagonist, a fighter, a Keyblade wielder, or simply a pretty face. If she has good character development, she doesn't need to be anything more than the damsel, IMO.

EDIT: Also, I don't think she necessarily needs to be kidnapped, but if something happened that would be similar to her coming in contact with an enemy, and eventually needing to save someone else with Sora and Riku, I think they could develop her character. Surely there's more use to being a Princess of Heart besides unlocking a single door--maybe she can purify Hearts, or something. With BbS and Days covering all of the PoHs, minus Kairi (who will likely be covered in Coded), surely the Princesses of Heart will have significance in KH3.[/EDIT]

ideally she'd be able to defend herself while being the damsel she is but that's mostly wishful thinking

Last edited:

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
Kairi can be the "damsel in distress", but if she has personality, it's OK for her. Yes, if she was a damsel-in-distress with personality and had even an ounce of non-helplessness, she would be perfectly fine.

Namine, anyone? XD

She doesn't need to be a magician, a protagonist-turned-antagonist, a fighter, a Keyblade wielder, or simply a pretty face. If she has good character development, she doesn't need to be anything more than the damsel, IMO.

I agree. Have her be kidnapped for a good reason, give her some spunk while being kidnapped, show that she cares about people other than Sora, than most of us won't have much reason to hate her.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Namely, CoM/Re:CoM Namine. I'm sorry, but Namine getting bitchslapped by Larxene when she was protecting Sora >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kairi clinging to Heartless-Sora in fright when the Heartless leaped.

I'm not arguing against or for anything or anybody, but just pointing out that, should Kairi receive character development (since her personality is most likely the "outgoing and optimistic girl who laughs a lot and cares for her friends", she doesn't necessarily need a change in personality so long as the current one is developed),

I do agree she needs more screen time and development (if they're going to do anything with her, if not, don't bother), but there's actually proof against the part in bold.
Practically giving Selphie the finger when she came to her alone and distraught just because of her imaginary boyfriend?
Riku can take care of himself once Xehanort possessed him?
That's not caring for her friends. And even if she really was joking, which I doubt, her telling Sora both that they need to ditch Riku with the raft, and that he could take care of himself, isn't really caring about Sora's feelings, either.
There's only so much love can blind a person before it turns disgusting.

she won't be the useless plot device that she admittedly resembles.

Oh, she's not that much of a useless plot device, I'll give her that. She is a PoH, the one they had the hardest time figuring out was a Princess, and her Heart being inside Sora made things worse. She did make Sora spawn Roxas, and Namine was born in the process so she gets points via the buddy-system.
However - especially seeing how different Namine and Kairi are in personality, not a single element of this has anything to do with Kairi being the one filling the role she's filling.
Plot relevance is all she has going for her, but that relevance is detached from her character.
Put Selphie in. In light of the play-fights on DI, I'd have an easier time understanding why Sora and Riku should have given a damn on KH1.

She doesn't need to be a magician, a protagonist-turned-antagonist, a fighter, a Keyblade wielder, or simply a pretty face. If she has good character development, she doesn't need to be anything more than the damsel, IMO.

Amen to that. Heck, Olette wasn't even a damsel in distress but she was a far better character. And that's Nojima writing, need I remind you, it goes that far.

ideally she'd be able to defend herself while being the damsel she is but that's mostly wishful thinking

Namine being bitch-slapped but still being a great character. I disagree with your ideal.

Grey

I do agree she needs more screen time and development (if they're going to do anything with her, if not, don't bother), but there's actually proof against the part in bold.
Practically giving Selphie the finger when she came to her alone and distraught just because of her imaginary boyfriend?
Riku can take care of himself once Xehanort possessed him?
That's not caring for her friends. And even if she really was joking, which I doubt, her telling Sora both that they need to ditch Riku with the raft, and that he could take care of himself, isn't really caring about Sora's feelings, either.
There's only so much love can blind a person before it turns disgusting.

You could take each of the scenes you pointed out and see them in different light.

-Kairi's scene with Selphie just pointed out that, out of everyone on Destiny Islands, Kairi was the only one to remember Sora. That interested her. Sure, she probably felt upset that Riku was gone, but it wasn't shown on-screen--however, Selphie didn't seem upset about Riku disappearing either, probably because it had been a year since their disappearance. Kairi was more concerned with this boy, whom she thought she had strong connections to, that only she could remember. She may have shown remorse for Riku initially, but we didn't see that.

-Did Kairi say that Riku could take care of himself? Until I remember, I'll take a stab at it and say that, since Riku was the "strong one" in their trio, Riku wasn't at the top of Kairi's worries, since she felt Riku could handle himself.

-Kairi wanting to leave with Sora might have just been her playing with Sora's fantasies. While it was never stated that Sora "liked" Kairi (nor was it stated that romance played a part in any of the KH games), the Paopu Fruit scene with Riku and Sora alluded to a childlike romance between Sora and Kairi. If Sora did like Kairi, then her offering for them to leave, just the two of them, would've been simply a jibe at Sora. Riku teased Sora about him allegedly "liking" Kairi; Kairi simply could've been doing the same.

After taking a look at the dock scene, Kairi mentions how Riku has changed, and, after not really finding the words to describe what she meant, she offered to leave with just her and Sora. She might have alluded to the darkness that had begun to fill Riku's Heart, and that was simply Kairi, being a Princess of Heart, noticing the change. The entire scene is about change, and how Kairi doesn't want Sora to change. Unfortunately, I can't really argue against this one. Kairi did offer to leave with just her and Sora; however, because she said she was kidding, we have to assume that she was.

Amen to that. Heck, Olette wasn't even a damsel in distress but she was a far better character. And that's Nojima writing, need I remind you, it goes that far.
Agreed. It makes me sort of wish that they had used Olette for Kairi's character instead, but what's done is done.

Namine being bitch-slapped but still being a great character. I disagree with your ideal.

Namine was helpless. Namine stood in Larxene's way, so she had the will to fight back, but she still couldn't defend herself. I meant more of a "give Kairi the willpower to actually fight back rather than weakly writhe as someone drags her by the wrist" sort of ideal.

I.e., give Kairi both the willpower to fight back, and have her actually succeed at it. She could become a fighter, but I already said I wouldn't want that. Maybe she could fight back in a way differently than with a Keyblade or fists and feet. Maybe she could fight back with light (maybe she can do more with light, considering her pure heart status). Give her the willpower and resources to fight back, since Namine only had the former.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
-Kairi's scene with Selphie just pointed out that, out of everyone on Destiny Islands, Kairi was the only one to remember Sora. That interested her. Sure, she probably felt upset that Riku was gone, but it wasn't shown on-screen--however, Selphie didn't seem upset about Riku disappearing either, probably because it had been a year since their disappearance. Kairi was more concerned with this boy, whom she thought she had strong connections to, that only she could remember. She may have shown remorse for Riku initially, but we didn't see that.

See, that's the thing. Off-screen doesn't count. And in light of her repeatedly saying he could take care of himself when he couldn't, her not giving a damn doesn't help her much.

-Did Kairi say that Riku could take care of himself? Until I remember, I'll take a stab at it and say that, since Riku was the "strong one" in their trio, Riku wasn't at the top of Kairi's worries, since she felt Riku could handle himself.

She saw him being possessed by Xehanort's Heartless, knew Sora was to go and save him, and she still told Sora Riku could take care of himself.
Even if he's the 'strong one', seeing how Kairi's a firm believer that without her, Sora can't do squat, I have to doubt how good a judge of character she is.

-Kairi wanting to leave with Sora might have just been her playing with Sora's fantasies.

Hence the freaking out.

While it was never stated that Sora "liked" Kairi (nor was it stated that romance played a part in any of the KH games), the Paopu Fruit scene with Riku and Sora alluded to a childlike romance between Sora and Kairi.

And yet their relationship is incomparable to SoNami, a relationship Sora was sure was childlike romance.
And you're forgetting that SoRiku's relationship yet again has an impact on this. Had Riku not have tempted Sora and teased him and made him insecure about their own relationship, would Sora still have gone and drawn that, as though to go behind Riku's back and 'win' when plot wise, it's logical to assume Riku had won the race?
Doubtful.

If Sora did like Kairi, then her offering for them to leave, just the two of them, would've been simply a jibe at Sora. Riku teased Sora about him allegedly "liking" Kairi; Kairi simply could've been doing the same.

Actually, Riku teased Sora about ditching him and going with Kairi, and more often than not you could argue Sora didn't want to be left behind by either of his friends, romance aside.
And you're forgetting that both Riku and Kairi teasing Sora about him liking Kairi doesn't add up to Sora actually liking Kairi.
And then you have Riku's obvious readiness to ditch Kairi in Traverse Town when he found Sora, indicating that if he really did tease and flirt about Kairi, it probably wasn't from the purest of intents.
It was to get at Sora, not make Sora realize either of them liked Kairi or was liked by her.

After taking a look at the dock scene, Kairi mentions how Riku has changed, and, after not really finding the words to describe what she meant, she offered to leave with just her and Sora. She might have alluded to the darkness that had begun to fill Riku's Heart, and that was simply Kairi, being a Princess of Heart, noticing the change.

And offering to run away from him in his time of need?

The entire scene is about change, and how Kairi doesn't want Sora to change. Unfortunately, I can't really argue against this one. Kairi did offer to leave with just her and Sora; however, because she said she was kidding, we have to assume that she was.

Actually, about Kairi, we don't have to assume anything. We have nothing to base anything beyond what we're shown because we have so little to go on. And it's not like it doesn't add up that she was serious.
She's got the hots for Sora.
She arguably doesn't like Riku as much, or not enough to not bring up the offer.
She was obviously feeling uncomfortable around Riku, be it for PoH reasons or just her being a bi- I mean a girl going through puberty and losing sight of what friendships should've meant for her.
Sora didn't take her 'kidding' seriously; in fact, he went as far as to say she's changed, something he repeated in the second game. If Sora is so convinced her little 'joke' mattered that much, why shouldn't we?

Namine was helpless. Namine stood in Larxene's way, so she had the will to fight back, but she still couldn't defend herself.

Protecting =\= fighting back. There's a world of a difference there. Sora and Riku fight to protect - because they can, but it doesn't mean that's the only way in which you can protect someone.

I meant more of a "give Kairi the willpower to actually fight back rather than weakly writhe as someone drags her by the wrist" sort of ideal. I.e., give Kairi both the willpower to fight back, and actually succeed.

Well, she'd hardly have to succeed, but I agree about having her fight back more.

She could become a fighter, but I already said I wouldn't want that. Maybe she could fight back in a way differently than with a Keyblade or fists and feet. Maybe she could fight back with light. Or something. Give her the willpower and resources to fight back, since Namine only had the former.

Maybe she could become a figure head. That could work, be her good or evil.

wow, you guys act like she has had no personality at all

i agree her character is underdeveloped, but she does have great personality traits imo

Name one.

But I digress.

tl;dr

Kairi's TRUE relevance to the series

lv64copy.jpg

/Thread.

Grey

wow, you guys act like she has had no personality at all

i agree her character is underdeveloped, but she does have great personality traits imo

She does have personality, it just isn't seen often enough.

From Destiny Islands, we gather that she has a lot of willpower and is generally outgoing and optimistic. From The World That Never Was, we gather that she also will fight, as seen when she's given a Keyblade (granted, she isn't very good at it, but that isn't the point). She also shows a lot of bravery, when she jumps from the platform to "help" Sora; also, she walks through the Door to the final battle with Sora and co., even if she was thrown back by an explosion. From Hollow Bastion, we gather that she's willing to protect others, namely Sora--she said herself that she "would protect" Sora as the Heartless approached.

-Strong-willed/Determined
-Outgoing/Optimistic
-Brave
-Willing to protect others

She has personality, she just gets in the way a lot.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Aaaand with every scene that Riku is brought up as a topic to her, you get people like me scrunching our noses and growl if we can hold down our lunch.
She's as selfish a girl as they get. That's personality, yes, but not necesarilly a positive one when there isn't anything to really counter it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back