• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade Master?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ross61

1) Having one Keyblade on never stopped Sora from replacing them.
2) Noticed how the WtD has a Keychain while the SE didn't?
3) Oh yeah, I forgot, the Soul Eater is Not a Keyblade.
are you forgetting that keychains don't matter

ruon

the keychain for wtd was probably made from the acceptance for using darkness from his friends.
tav's hearts probably started out with average hearts and they are being trained by killing unbirths
as a way to strengthen their heart so they could form a good enough memory to form a keychain

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
are you forgetting that keychains don't matter

...lol what? XD
TAV lacking Keychains based quite nicely the fact that Keychains do matter, otherwise what's the basis to their absence?

How did we change from my subject to this

Amusing, I was under the impression we were in blacksamurai2's thread straying from his topic.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
What is a Keyblade Master indeed.

In Kingdom Hearts, Sora is deemed the Keyblade Master by various folks. However its possible that due to the lack of knowledge on the Keyblade, purpose, and its origin, allowed for such an assumption. "There can't be two Keyblade Masters" said Riku. Riku obtains knowledge of the Keyblade from Malificent. Malificent either misled Riku into thinking that he was a Keyblade Master or did not care for the trappings of Keyblade titles.

So far, we know of several instances of how the Keyblade can be activated.

Being Chosen: When a strong hearted individual capable of wielding the Keyblade, is chosen by the Keyblade. In this instance, the wielder is considered to be the rightful owner of the Keyblade. However, under certain circumstances, the Keyblade may choose someone else.

A Seeker: When a strong hearted individual ventures out and locates the Keyblade his or her self by crossing over to other worlds and pinpoint its location. The Keyblade does not choose the individual, the individual recovers the Keyblade, and if the idnivdual's heart is strong enouogh, he or she is able to wield the Keyblade.

A Giver: When someone of higher status gives someone else possessing a strong heart, a Keyblade. He or she may not have been the rightful owner, seeker, or discoverer of the Keyblade, but the individual is still able to wield it because he or she, has a strong heart capable of wielding the Keyblade.

A creator: When the six princesses of heart were captured, they're power was used to create the Heart Unlocker (unofficial name), a Keyblade capable of opening the hearts of individuals, releasing darkness hidden away. Not sure if the Keyblade can be used to release light of the individual's heart. This is the only time as far as we know, that the Keyblade can be created.

A Stealer: When someone of a strong heart takes away the Keyblade belonging to another individual, making the Keyblade his or hers.

An awakener: When the Keyblade is awakened by the power of the individual's heart. In this since, the wielder is the only owner of this weapon. However the Keyblade can be given to the another individual for a specific amount of time, but this weapon is exclusively tied to its owner.

Now that we know the instances in which an individual is able to wield a Keyblade. How do we determine what a Master is?

We know the Keyblade's Ultimate purpose is to lock or unlock the heart of worlds. But what else is it used for? Releasing a captive heart maybe, as it could release the heart which is held captive by the heartless. Surely it could apply to natural human beings. That is what I think the other purpose is.

Keyblade Masters have a direct place in the Kingdom Hearts Universe. The spirit and will of the Masters, are that of their students. They must teach their students proper usage of the Keyblade. I made a thread about what a Keyblade Master and wielder's purpose is a good while ago. I believe they have a connection to Kingdom Hearts. More like they pass the hearts along and or keep order of the world. The students just learn their masters' ways, so that they could take up their oath as Masters one day. The dissapearance of Master Xehanort and his apprentice, hints toward something negative.

Of course that last bit was speculation, but oh well.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
"There can't be two Keyblade Masters" said Riku. Riku obtains knowledge of the Keyblade from Malificent. Malificent either misled Riku into thinking that he was a Keyblade Master or did not care for the trappings of Keyblade titles.

Riku is the Original Master for the KK though, and a single Keyblade can't have two Masters at the same time. It was either Sora or Riku, and for that period of time, the KK chose Riku. It later changed its mind.

A Seeker: When a strong hearted individual ventures out and locates the Keyblade his or her self by crossing over to other worlds and pinpoint its location. The Keyblade does not choose the individual, the individual recovers the Keyblade, and if the idnivdual's heart is strong enouogh, he or she is able to wield the Keyblade.

Says who?

A Giver: When someone of higher status gives someone else possessing a strong heart, a Keyblade. He or she may not have been the rightful owner, seeker, or discoverer of the Keyblade, but the individual is still able to wield it because he or she, has a strong heart capable of wielding the Keyblade.

Unless Terra attained the title of Master somewhere along the way, he was still an apprentice when giving Riku - a would be Master right from the get go - his Keyblade.

A creator: When the six princesses of heart were captured, they're power was used to create the Heart Unlocker (unofficial name), a Keyblade capable of opening the hearts of individuals, releasing darkness hidden away. Not sure if the Keyblade can be used to release light of the individual's heart. This is the only time as far as we know, that the Keyblade can be created.

That Keyblade is artificial though and is not to be grouped with the rest of the Keyblades.
This was confirmed by Nomura himself in Another Report.

A Stealer: When someone of a strong heart takes away the Keyblade belonging to another individual, making the Keyblade his or hers.

...what? You're just pulling things out of thin air o_O

An awakener: When the Keyblade is awakened by the power of the individual's heart. In this since, the wielder is the only owner of this weapon. However the Keyblade can be given to the another individual for a specific amount of time, but this weapon is exclusively tied to its owner.

o.o; stop it. please.

Now that we know the instances in which an individual is able to wield a Keyblade.

No, we don't. Mr. Nomura.

We know the Keyblade's Ultimate purpose is to lock or unlock the heart of worlds.

Again, no.

Surely it could apply to natural human beings. That is what I think the other purpose is.

It didn't release Leon's Heart when my Sora pounded him to the ground with it. It didn't release Cloud's Heart, nor Maleficent's, for that matter.

Of course that last bit was speculation, but oh well.

*sputters* just that last bit?!

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
Terra chose Riku. But Terra is not supposed to chose the wielder of the keyblade. the Keyblade is supposed to chose it's own master. So all of Terra's effort failed when Sora got the keyblade. I could not blame it.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
Sora might've had Ven interfering in some way. the KK is painfully similar to Ven's Keyblade, after all, we can't rule out outside intervention on Sora's part either.
We can't also rule out the possiblity that Ven got his wish before that happened.
The similarity is visible.
But Ven's keyblade looks rusted and put together hand-made.
Sora's keyblade looks clean and plain-like

15th member

TAV's keyblades doesn't have keychains right?

And someone says that keychains are made by memories.

But why TAV's keyblades doesnt have if it was made by their heart? While Sora's KK has?

My guess is that when a keyblade is formed, you need a strong Heart. And the Heart contains the memories of the person in

the KH universe. My thought is that TAV's keyblades are artificial, cause it has no keychains. Like what Riku said to Xion

about her KK lacking a keychain that it was a fake. And come to think of it she doest know anything about her past-

meaning no memories, Roxas's KK has a keychane because he still remembers his past life. He dreams about Sora's

adventures. He still have memories but it was tampered by Atw.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
The keyblade is not made from the heart, if I remember correctly. You must, however, have a strong heart to be chosen by the keyblade. However, that does not mean that, if someone, who is a keyblade weilder or master, were to give you the keyblade, that you wouldn't be able to use it for a small amount of time.

Case in point- Kairi.

The keychain is most probably made from the memories that are made throughout the journey, not that it most definitely is. There's nothing saying that some keychains are made from memory, like Oathkeeper and Oblivion, and that others are not.

are you forgetting that we have already seen KK when Terra weild it in the fight against MX. And we also saw Ven use his keyblade in the fight

Have you forgotten that the first trailer seen at the end of KH2 is not actually to be taken as canon? The WtD, KK, and IKK were merely used as symbols during that fight.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
But why TAV's keyblades doesnt have if it was made by their heart?

We don't know that.
Heck, we don't even really know how Terra passed the KK to Riku and then to Sora.

My thought is that TAV's keyblades are artificial, cause it has no keychains. Like what Riku said to Xion
about her KK lacking a keychain that it was a fake.

Uh, Xion's Keyblade has a Keychain.
My guess is he called it fake because it's a Memory of a Keyblade, not the Keyblade itself. And the reason it's a KK is because Roxas's Memories are leaking into her.

are you forgetting that we have already seen KK when Terra weild it in the fight against MX. And we also saw Ven use his keyblade in the fight

Ah, you mean the concept video that is not canon, and was later changed in the FM+ to have Terra wield the same Keyblade he does in BBS?

The keyblade is not made from the heart, if I remember correctly. You must, however, have a strong heart to be chosen by the keyblade. However, that does not mean that, if someone, who is a keyblade weilder or master, were to give you the keyblade, that you wouldn't be able to use it for a small amount of time.

Case in point- Kairi.

Because you wouldn't need to sustain it - the true Wielder would do that for you.

The keychain is most probably made from the memories that are made throughout the journey, not that it most definitely is.

Actually Nomura all but confirmed it when discussing the Oathkeeper and Oblivion, IIRC. Saying that the Oathkeeper was based on Memories of Kairi, and the Oblivion on Memories of Riku (when asked about Roxas).

There's nothing saying that some keychains are made from memory, like Oathkeeper and Oblivion, and that others are not.

I think that if we have all but firm confirmation on one Keychain, it's kind of pointless at this time to assume the other Keychains are made from other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back