• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

keyblade - riku = sora?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesome Ansem

There's something that always gets me: people say that the keyblade was destined for riku, but because he gave in to darkness, it chose sora. There are so many things wrong with this. First, darkness does not equal a weak heart. If riku's heart was stronger than sora's, but he fell into the darkness, that wouldn't automatically mean he has a weaker heart. Look at xehanort; strong heart and darkness. And even if riku's heart were weaker than sora's (which i'm pretty sure it is) the keyblade would choose sora because he had a stronger heart to begin with. And when the keyblade came to sora (in that "dream" in the beginning of the game) nothing was wrong with riku's heart, but it still chose sora. And one last point on why the keyblade couldn't have been destined for riku but go to sora instead: you can't change destiney. If the keyblade was destined for riku, riku would've gotten the keyblade.

In my opinion, there is no strong evidence to even suggest that sora's keyblade was ever destined for riku.

edit: (I know I'm going to get alot of hate for this because so many people believe that it's riku's keyblade, so show me proof)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Hmmm. You make a very good point Awsome Ansem. True, you can't change destiny,but remember in Hollow Bastion when Sora and Riku meet again and Riku says "There can't be two keyblade masters" then he summons the keyblade to his hand. That should prove it right there. Remember when Leon tried to hold it then it warped right back into Sora's hands? Think about it. How come the keyblade didn't warp back to Sora's hands right then? The keyblade recognized the call of it's true master. I think the reason that the keyblade chose Sora was because it was supposed to go to Riku because he had a strong heart. Also, Sora's keyblade is from the realm of light. When Riku dived into the darkness purposely, his heart stayed strong,but the light in his heart became corrupt. So, the keyblade chose Sora. So, Riku WAS supposed to have the keyblade.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
The reason Riku did not get the Keyblade was because he didnt believe in his friends.When Riku took the Keyblade from Sora in Hollow Bastion he was able to weild it because he was able to control darkness and then Goofy and Donald came back to Sora and Sora had Light which made him have a more powerful heart.Also Riku was sucked into a deeper darkness by Ansem(or Xemnas)which was why it stayed with Sora.Also like you said you cant change destiny and Sora was supposed to have it in the first place so maybe Riku was never supposed to get.(Yeah you people are gonna start saying stuff but you dont actually know how was supposed to get it.)

phoenixredgold

i think the reason that riku could weild the keyblade (at hollow bastion) was because he had a keyblade himself. Riku was gettin all arogent and dissin Sora so sora stopped beleiving in himself especially when donald and goofy walked off with Riku. but he started to realize no matter if he had friends or not (which he did the beast) he could still make a difference. Then when goofy came back to soras side the flames purked back into sora and he knew the keyblade belonged to him.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Good theory, but what I was thinking was Riku's heart became stronger after he dived into the darkness, at Hollow Bastion, I think his heart was stronger than Sora's or maybe Riku had WANTED to save Kairi more than Sora did? I mean it was never clarified if Riku actually liked Kairi as well, he may have been crushing on her and no-one knew and at Hollow Bastion, Riku was clearly more confident(Maleficent tricked him up), stronger heart(able to wield the darkness so well) and may have wanted the keyblade more to save Kairi. So, what I'm trying to say is that when Riku took the keyblade from Sora, at the time, his heart was stronger than Sora's due to diving into the darkness. A keyblade may have been destined for Riku and he got one, there aren't really any specific keyblade wielder but a specific person who CAN wield a keyblade, like Nomura said, Riku,Sora and Kairi's keyblades are all the same(in a sense).

Blue_Nobody

*Amen*

I agree that Riku being the weilder of the keyblade lacks bearing.

The things that happened in Hollow Bastion had to do with the hesitation in Sora's heart at seeing his former friend turning against him, and Riku's overconfidence. Plus, darkness bolstered his heart. If he could weild it in darkness while at Hollow Bastion, it would have been just as easy for it to reach him while he was on Destiny Islands. When Sora's friends came to his rescue it strengthened his heart, and put doubt into Riku's, which is how it went back to Sora's heart.

The keyblade really does follow the strongest heart, but Sora simply has the strongest heart. We see this now, that even before he had Donald and Goofy, he still had friendship with Kairi and Riku to give him strength.

Epic Nature

In an abstract universe where sheep and and angry
*Amen*

I agree that Riku being the weilder of the keyblade lacks bearing.

The things that happened in Hollow Bastion had to do with the hesitation in Sora's heart at seeing his former friend turning against him, and Riku's overconfidence. Plus, darkness bolstered his heart. If he could weild it in darkness while at Hollow Bastion, it would have been just as easy for it to reach him while he was on Destiny Islands. When Sora's friends came to his rescue it strengthened his heart, and put doubt into Riku's, which is how it went back to Sora's heart.

The keyblade really does follow the strongest heart, but Sora simply has the strongest heart. We see this now, that even before he had Donald and Goofy, he still had friendship with Kairi and Riku to give him strength.

And, if I may add, without Riku and Kairi, the Keyblade would of most likely chosen someone else.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
And, if I may add, without Riku and Kairi, the Keyblade would of most likely chosen someone else.

I think this is why destiny and fate etc. is coming into the series now, because Sora would have never been without his friends, it was all destiny that brought them together, Ansem the Wise sending Kairi to Destiny Islands(when there were more worlds other than that one), Riku's thirst for getting off the islands that he opened his heart to darkness etc.

Awesome Ansem

you all have very good points. I don't disagree with any of you.

there were many hints throughout kh that riku could use a keyblade: when he took sora's keyblade in traverse town and it didn't return to sora for a minute; when riku takes the keyblade at hollow bastion; when riku has his own dark keyblade. But nothing tells us that he was supposed to have sora's keyblade.

fantasy08

The key-blade that Sora has(The kingdom key) belongs to Riku. The proof :It says so in the game.
You know in Jimmy's journal where it says Sora Story or characters under Riku (I forgot) well the entries keep changing. I don't know when they change,but I just happened to check when I was in Hallow Bastion and as plain as daylight it said Riku was the true master of the key-blade ,but when he chose darkness over light it went to Sora. I was shocked,but there you go. Sora is second best. The Kingdom Key belongs to Riku.

Although I often wondered does that mean Riku is supposed to have two key-blades because he clearly has one when Sora meets him in Traverse town. Also I would love to know why Xenmas fights with two lightsabers stolen directly out of star-wars:blink: when his heartless clearly is wielding not one but two key-blades when you fight him on that monster ship looking thingie. Hmm.. must be just another one of the hordes of plot-holes and inconsistencies in the series.

Awesome Ansem

oh my god. I just checked jiminy's journal and fantasy08 is right, it does say that riku is the rightful master of the keyblade. damn.

damn.

Sexy Angel
Yep, so youre wronge, and my theory was right :p

Also, he was transported during the attack on DI

Blue_Nobody

O.O >.< How does Jiminy figure these things out?

Damn crickets.

EDIT: I looked at my before-end-game save file, but I never found an entry saying that. Is there some condition necessary to get it o_O Or is it only on FM+?

Also, at fantasy08: WTF? Xemnas's heartless? Xemnas can't have a heartless if he's a nobody >.> And neither Xemnas nor Ansem (the evil) ever uses a keyblade in the first three games. Except when Ansem possessed Riku and had Heart Unlocker, but I'm not even sure that is a real Keyblade, as I understand it lacks a Keychain. It's supposedly made up of the hearts of the Seven Princesses, right?

Last edited:

killer7326

Hmmm. You make a very good point Awsome Ansem. True, you can't change destiny,but remember in Hollow Bastion when Sora and Riku meet again and Riku says "There can't be two keyblade masters" then he summons the keyblade to his hand. That should prove it right there. Remember when Leon tried to hold it then it warped right back into Sora's hands? Think about it. How come the keyblade didn't warp back to Sora's hands right then? The keyblade recognized the call of it's true master. I think the reason that the keyblade chose Sora was because it was supposed to go to Riku because he had a strong heart. Also, Sora's keyblade is from the realm of light. When Riku dived into the darkness purposely, his heart stayed strong,but the light in his heart became corrupt. So, the keyblade chose Sora. So, Riku WAS supposed to have the keyblade.

It didn't recognize Riku as the "true master." Sora was just at a weak moment where Riku's heart was stronger, but Sora got it back a little bit later

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Just making a comment:

I dont think Riku would look right with the Keyblade.(Sorry for the off topic)

V

V.A.T.13

I still think Riku's heart is alot stronger than Sora's. Through out the games, darkness never really got to Riku. He always controlled it. And when it did almost have him ( when Ansem/Heartless took over his body ) his heart was too strong and was pushed out. Sora though, let darkness take over him completely hence when he turned into a heartless.

Oh, like my fav scene in the CoM manga when Namine asks if Riku wants to get in the egg thing, and he refuses, wanting to do it on his own. Now theres a strong willed person. X3

So, You think Riku can only make a heartless willingly? Like Xehanort did? Like it says in the profile for him in KH2 "No darkness can eclipse this heart" or something along those lines.

Awesome Ansem

I still think Riku's heart is alot stronger than Sora's. Through out the games, darkness never really got to Riku. He always controlled it. And when it did almost have him ( when Ansem/Heartless took over his body ) his heart was too strong and was pushed out. Sora though, let darkness take over him completely hence when he turned into a heartless.

I'm sorry, but I really really think that darkness kinda really took over riku in the first game. I mean, think of all the cutscenes involving riku. they're basically all about the darkness taking him over. But he did control it in the next game. the light from kh is what "murdered" the darkness, probably along with friends and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back