• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 3DS - Confirmed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ActingDude17

That's a plausible thought. Nomura has also said he wants to produce a game with multiple characters played in the main storyline. Do you think this is Reconnect?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
That's a plausible thought. Nomura has also said he wants to produce a game with multiple characters played in the main storyline. Do you think this is Reconnect?
well he said that was what the other title he was working on would be like. which would mean 3ds. so yeah.

ActingDude17

There is no such thing as Reconnect. That was just one word at the end of KH. Unless I am proven wrong.

I'm sure someone mentioned "Reconnect" in a question posed in an interview, which may have come about as the title being a bit of a fan theory. I can't for the life of me remember how Nomura responded to it. I don't think he completely dismissed the game though.

KH3D is only the tentative title. And Nomura has talked a fair amount about tying everything together in multiple interviews. If this is not that game, then what is?

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I'm sure someone mentioned "Reconnect" in a question posed as an interview, which may have come about as the title being a bit of a fan theory. I can't for the life of me remember how Nomura responded to it. I don't think he completely dismissed the game though.

KH3D is only the tentative title. And Nomura has talked a fair amount about tying everything together in multiple interviews. If this is not that game, then what is?
True but until other news its now only known as KH3D

ActingDude17

And you're absolutely correct, loke13. I'll add one more general thing about KH3D: as a blanket statement I think the game will be significant and Square Enix will be putting effort into it. The 3DS is huge and arguably the highlight of E3 2010. I imagine they'd want their game on it to be of high quality.

And that's a very good point, Dogenzaka. Re:coded is obviously coming out first. Square Enix won't rush KH3D's release. By the time it hits shelves, the capacity of the 3DS cart could have shot up immensely. Remember Nomura's words. "One each year."

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Uhhhhh

3DS carts will be 2GB at LAUNCH, while able to expand to larger sizes since it uses the same technology as SD cards.

Like how Blu-ray went from 20GB to over 50GB.
Yes but at the moment it doesn't have the space to put KH1 and KH2 on the the same card.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
it's supposed to have multiple scenarios, so i think it will be a lot more than that.

Awards
Ok, so after reading through several interviews, I've got a much more radical idea in my head. If they were to pull this off, this could be a very, very, very kick ass game.

First, the connection between Birth by Sleep's secret ending and KH3D:

[quote]– Secret movies are an established tradition for the series, and in this title, a secret scene titled “Blank Points” was included. Does that name refer to the blank points in the story?

Nomura: There is that meaning, but every secret title aims to be reminiscent of the contents of the next game. For example, the secret movie in Kingdom Hearts was titled “Another side, Another story”, which was hinting at Roxas. Then the secret movie in KHIIFM was “Birth by Sleep”, wasn’t it? Well, the title of the next game isn’t restricted to “Blank Points”, but it will fit that meaning.[/quote]

First note the name of the movie. Blank Points. Points in the plot that have been left behind, quite literally forgotten (eg Xion), which ties into torment, or, as coded!Roxas puts it, the pain of being forgotten/lost to the darkness. Interesting to note here that he says the next game (I believe in reference to 3D, not 3), "isn't restricted to Blank Points." Couple that with another Nomura quote: "this secret movie is not connected to just the sequel but its content recaps the story." Again, we see the word recap. Not just foreshadowing the sequel (KH3), but recapping the story thus far.

Now let's take a look at some other Nomura quotes pertaining to the future of the series:

There’s one I plan to release within the year. After that, there’s another one I’m thinking I want to release from next year onwards, and I think there will be more than one main character again. By the way, the scene “Blank Points” in Birth by Sleep in which Sora ends up setting off on his journey is planned to connect to Kingdom Hearts III.

Naturally, KH3D is the game with multiple main characters by process of elimination (since re:coded is the one going to be released this year), which I believe hints at, as I said, a Riku mode (at least). Note how the mention of this title also seems to remind Nomura of the secret ending. While he says it's connected to KH3, he also says:

There’s a deep collection between Coded and Birth by Sleep, they’re both connected to the story taking place after Kingdom Hearts 2.

- A connection to Kingdom Hearts 3?

Nomura: What to say…? The story thus far has extended too much; I think that it’d be good to bring it together plainly for a moment. Though I can’t speak about those developments.

The story after KH2 (and after coded) is still not necessarily KH3. Note how he says though that the story has extended too far (ie gotten too convoluted) and that things need to be brought together plainly (meaning putting things into perspective... like the recap in the secret ending

What does this all mean? The secret ending has something to do with KH3D, but the story after KH2/coded isn't necessarily KH3 and, instead, will put the series into perspective. What's going on?

Well, one idea came to mind.
KH3D takes place after KH2. We will go through Sora's memories a la coded/CoM (again... but bear with me) in order to begin healing torment, since the first step is to remember those who are hurt. But because Sora's heart harbors not just his own memories, but the memories and torment of those connected to him, we may glimpse into their stories as well. And it's not just Sora we could be diving into. Riku, who may be harboring Terra's heart and, thus, his memories, may also need to do the same, explaining why there's a Riku mode.

Basically, to dumb things down, think Assassin's Creed meets Kingdom Hearts. It's basically like coded as well, except this time, instead of looking through the journal to find the source of the bugs, we're looking through Sora's actual heart to find the torment.
I know this doesn't sound all too great but it has MASSIVE potential. Why?

Because of the scope. Seriously, we could cover almost the entire series. So much so that it wouldn't be enough for one game. No, I'm not suggesting multiple remakes. Rather, we trim the fat. While this unfortunately gets rid of most of the Disney worlds, we could get right down to the nitty gritty. We'd play through the events of KH1 up until KH2 except, in the vein of Assassin's Creed, skip by all the unimportant stuff and get right to new revelations. This could also mean that, playing through the memories in Sora's heart, Sora will not be the only playable character (as well as Riku, like I explained earlier). Say we get to Roxas' memories and play as Roxas. And Xion. And Ven... and even Terra, though that would be through Riku.

Basically, it'd be a re-envisioning of the series thus far. Kingdom Hearts 3D. Not just Kingdom Hearts 1 but "Kingdom Hearts" the series. And through all of the new scenes and whatnot. This would be the game that plugs all the holes, that puts the series into perspective, that gets the fans (both new and old) ready for KH3 without all of the convolution.

But it's probably not and I'm just fanboying over something nonexistent. :p

αsiя

space coke
How bout we discuss the 3D aspect of the game. I'm sure those falling Soras were done for the 3D gimmick.

EDIT: @Grass, man I wish that you just somehow connected into Nomura's head and wrote out what we might have, one of the greatest recaps.

Last edited:

ActingDude17

Grass, I like your theory. And I understand now that Nomura was staying mum not just because he likes keeping secrets. If he had even given the title, Kingdom Hearts: 3D, people would be able to guess it was a 3DS title. Nintendo wanted to use E3 to blow everyone and everything out of the water. Kingdom Hearts: 3D was some of their ammo. They wanted the surprise factor. Now Square Enix is promoting it. They've been wanting to.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Ok, so after reading through several interviews, I've got a much more radical idea in my head. If they were to pull this off, this could be a very, very, very kick ass game.

First, the connection between Birth by Sleep's secret ending and KH3D:

First note the name of the movie. Blank Points. Points in the plot that have been left behind, quite literally forgotten (eg Xion), which ties into torment, or, as coded!Roxas puts it, the pain of being forgotten/lost to the darkness. Interesting to note here that he says the next game (I believe in reference to 3D, not 3), "isn't restricted to Blank Points." Couple that with another Nomura quote: "this secret movie is not connected to just the sequel but its content recaps the story." Again, we see the word recap. Not just foreshadowing the sequel (KH3), but recapping the story thus far.

Now let's take a look at some other Nomura quotes pertaining to the future of the series:

Naturally, KH3D is the game with multiple main characters by process of elimination (since re:coded is the one going to be released this year), which I believe hints at, as I said, a Riku mode (at least). Note how the mention of this title also seems to remind Nomura of the secret ending. While he says it's connected to KH3, he also says:

The story after KH2 (and after coded) is still not necessarily KH3. Note how he says though that the story has extended too far (ie gotten too convoluted) and that things need to be brought together plainly (meaning putting things into perspective... like the recap in the secret ending

What does this all mean? The secret ending has something to do with KH3D, but the story after KH2/coded isn't necessarily KH3 and, instead, will put the series into perspective. What's going on?

Well, one idea came to mind.
KH3D takes place after KH2. We will go through Sora's memories a la coded/CoM (again... but bear with me) in order to begin healing torment, since the first step is to remember those who are hurt. But because Sora's heart harbors not just his own memories, but the memories and torment of those connected to him, we may glimpse into their stories as well. And it's not just Sora we could be diving into. Riku, who may be harboring Terra's heart and, thus, his memories, may also need to do the same, explaining why there's a Riku mode.

Basically, to dumb things down, think Assassin's Creed meets Kingdom Hearts. It's basically like coded as well, except this time, instead of looking through the journal to find the source of the bugs, we're looking through Sora's actual heart to find the torment.
I know this doesn't sound all too great but it has MASSIVE potential. Why?

Because of the scope. Seriously, we could cover almost the entire series. So much so that it wouldn't be enough for one game. No, I'm not suggesting multiple remakes. Rather, we trim the fat. While this unfortunately gets rid of most of the Disney worlds, we could get right down to the nitty gritty. We'd play through the events of KH1 up until KH2 except, in the vein of Assassin's Creed, skip by all the unimportant stuff and get right to new revelations. This could also mean that, playing through the memories in Sora's heart, Sora will not be the only playable character (as well as Riku, like I explained earlier). Say we get to Roxas' memories and play as Roxas. And Xion. And Ven... and even Terra, though that would be through Riku.

Basically, it'd be a re-envisioning of the series thus far. Kingdom Hearts 3D. Not just Kingdom Hearts 1 but "Kingdom Hearts" the series. And through all of the new scenes and whatnot. This would be the game that plugs all the holes, that puts the series into perspective, that gets the fans (both new and old) ready for KH3 without all of the convolution.

But it's probably not and I'm just fanboying over something nonexistent. :p

That does sound like an awesome idea actually.

Although I'm assuming something would screw with their memories. I mean, Sora never fought Twilight thorn at all let alone in Traverse Town.

I think the "impact" Square Enix said E3 would make actually makes more sense. Think about it: 3 new KH games announced in one E3 event. That has NEVER happened before.

ActingDude17

Good points, skyfoxx, but I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed KH3D in particular was the impact we were told we would receive, which also supports my belief that the game is going to be important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back