• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 CGI INTRO and KH3 status

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

yremissa

Hey!!! Do you guys think we'll receive an extra long CGI intro? I personaly loooooove those and I hope to see every character in CGI. The 7 lights and 13 darknesses. But I don't want it to spoil the whole game.
And do you think they'll release the intro before the release? Like 0.2???

Also, I remember someone said, they'll reveal all worlds before the release date? Is this true? Will they do it with trailers?

And now that we know KH 3 will release in 2018 (this year) when will the gamedevelopment end? How many months before the release date is a game complete??? Like, they have to make the cd's and stuff and send it to every country and store... that takes time, no?

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Well, I don't think I have the right info to answer the questions below but as far as a CGI opening, I don't know if I want it released before I play the game and if they do, I probably won't watch it. I want KH3 to be an experience, at least to the fullest possible extent since I'm not usually one of those people who's gonna avoid every trailer because of possible spoilers and 0.2 was pretty good at keeping things hidden for the most part, at least that's how I feel

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Typically you want there to be at the very least a month between a game going gold and its release date. Games don’t take long to print and ship to retailers, but you always want to be able to account for printing and shipping errors. 2-3 months is a good sweet spot between going gold and releasing. It just depends on the publisher, really.

An example is Uncharted 4. The game went gold in March 2016 and released in May 2016.

Also yes, every world should be revealed before release. It has always been like this for every KH game and that is unlikely to change. If it isn’t revealed via trailer, it is revealed through a magazine and then later shown in a trailer down the line.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Do you guys think with how ambitious in terms of the graphics department KH3 is, will a CGI cutscene be neccesary? I'd be down for somethin' on Unreal Engine 4, with the Kingdom Shader.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Do you guys think with how ambitious in terms of the graphics department KH3 is, will a CGI cutscene be neccesary? I'd be down for somethin' on Unreal Engine 4, with the Kingdom Shader.

At the very least an opening and ending from Visual Works, as is tradition.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm actually rather curious about the intro. Will it be a retell of the other games? And if so, how will it differ from DDD?
Well, I guess probably adding what happened in said DDD for one.

yremissa

Typically you want there to be at the very least a month between a game going gold and its release date. Games don’t take long to print and ship to retailers, but you always want to be able to account for printing and shipping errors. 2-3 months is a good sweet spot between going gold and releasing. It just depends on the publisher, really.

An example is Uncharted 4. The game went gold in March 2016 and released in May 2016.

Also yes, every world should be revealed before release. It has always been like this for every KH game and that is unlikely to change. If it isn’t revealed via trailer, it is revealed through a magazine and then later shown in a trailer down the line.

Aaaaw thx man! That's great info. Didn't know the printing and shipping happens in 2 to 3 months. That's kind of quick. So KH3 will be completely done during the summer if it releases around november. Good to know.

I'm actually rather curious about the intro. Will it be a retell of the other games? And if so, how will it differ from DDD?

I hope they won't tell us too much. A retell would be good, with all charachters involved. I'd love that so much! And maybe a scene where they all come together.

Yeah I'd like it in CGI. I think it's more beautiful to see!

Last edited by a moderator:

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I still think it's still necessary.

Visually KH3 still doesn't come close to the CGI of the 2.8 opening. Having KH3 opening be in-game would actually be pretty disappointing, especially since personally i don't think the graphics look good enough for that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I’m kind of hoping not. I want an opening like KH1. Seeing the start of Sora’s dream and how it led into the game was amazing. No game has topped that opening and I love all of the CG openings almost equally.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I definitely don't want a retell intro, neither in the style of "this happened so far", nor in the way 0.2 did it, by basically combining what has happened to Aqua before with what's happening to her in the game. KH1 had a certain magic to it - it showed so much, yet didn't really give too much away. I liked KH2 a lot as well, because even though it showed flashbacks, it was still so........artistic. It's hard to say.

Echoecho6

Awards
All I can say is, after so many games, it is time for some of the other characters to be shown in CGI. Like I really want to see Xigbar in the opening, I think he would look really good. Saix as well

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I personally like retells. I like seeing the connections and wondering which shots they'll decide to use to "tell" what that specific game was about. Artistic intros are okay, but much like a simple showcase of the game's cutscenes (my least favourite kind) I'd like that to be in the actual game in some shape or form.
For example: I like Sora charging at Riku on the beach in KH II's intro because I feel it's a brief yet very describing fusion of Sora's dream, the Keyblade scene and Sora and Riku's relationship in the first game, while I don't really mind Sora reaching for him in KH1's intro, because I will get my fill of it with the Keyblade scene.

Tastes aside, I'm curious whether they'll do the retell or not. KH III will be the ender of many plotpoints after all.
That being said, after all the collections for the past games they released I don't think "hey you might wanna know what happened before" needs any more emphasizing.

All I can say is, after so many games, it is time for some of the other characters to be shown in CGI. Like I really want to see Xigbar in the opening, I think he would look really good. Saix as well

I'd love some more CGI characters representation. And truly, Saix and Xigbar are basically the only ones left. Friggin' Marluxia had one.

Last edited:

Sally-boiii

Awards
I’m kind of hoping not. I want an opening like KH1. Seeing the start of Sora’s dream and how it led into the game was amazing. No game has topped that opening and I love all of the CG openings almost equally.

To add onto that, KH's intro expressed the novelty of the series (at the time) really well and had a bit of mystery to it.
Arguably, with that in mind, that may have been a reason why the game got the exposure it did. However IDK...

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I personally have no problem with retells in an opening, I think about DDD's opening and how beautiful it all felt to be. I think at that point it was necessary, especially since it was KH's 10th anniversary. It was an emotional resume for me and I liked watching it in 3D, the 3DS was so new for me. However, for KH3, there'll be either a new "original" opening or a grand retell opening. Even though I would prefer an original one, specifically made for KH3 and thoroughly memorable, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a retell, since it's a numbered "major" game of the series and "remembering everything and everyone" is somehow a thing for those who played only KH1 and KH2... But seriously now, the PS3 and PS4 remixes were out for a lot of time already and I'm sure many players picked them up and are familiar with more than just the KH1 and KH2 things. Maybe a retell isn't to be that expected...

This is what I hope for, to be honest.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
It would just be a re-tread if they went the way of a story retell opening for KH3 since DDD did it so well.

The best (and only) way I think they should go is the KH1/BBS style opening (more so BBS) where it is a tease/setup for the main conflict.

Awards
It would just be a re-tread if they went the way of a story retell opening for KH3 since DDD did it so well.

The best (and only) way I think they should go is the KH1/BBS style opening (more so BBS) where it is a tease/setup for the main conflict.

Nooooo

The KH1 is ok but the BBS is full of spoilers, they can tease but nothing like that, we could pretty much see all the game in that opening

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Come on guys, we've already seen KH3's opening.

[video=youtube;kLqXrq5v5ns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLqXrq5v5ns[/video]

But in seriousness, I want the opening done like a combination of KH1 and Fragmentary Passage. Dreamlike with symbolic interpretations of past events.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I didn't fall in love with DDD's opening until I saw it at the Orchestra concert and realized it was pretty much made for that moment.

So a retread would just be unnecessary now. I think it should be a character-focused piece, giving glimpses of each of the characters' relationships with one another, y'know, what they mean to each other. The more symbolism the better; I think it would be fine to use elements of past events but if so they ought to be framed in terms of the ramifications for their connections with one another and how that reflects on their present position. KH3 is all about interconnectedness, the Universe...Big Ideas. The OP ought to channel that into something that speaks as much to the convergence of all these heroes' personal hopes and dreams, for themselves and for one another.

In other words, do 0.2 because it was perfect. But MORE and BIGGER. Be bold. No pressure Nomura. It's just our childhood you have in your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back