• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D thread of spoiler-free gameplay impressions! (Thanks Neogaf!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: A Non Spoilerish Opinion about KH3D's Story

I've played through the whole game, and I found the story pretty good. About as confusing as I've come to expect from the KH series. It ties together a lot of plot points in a way that you're either going to think is incredible, or just incredibly contrived.
But you, overall, enjoyed it?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Some wise words a great wizard once said:

"You're gonna suffer, but your gonna be happy about it..."

WaveK89

As much as I said to myself I would not spoil myself, I've only done so through the first world of the game. To be honest, I am certainly liking it. Hard to say what the rest of the game will be like which I will indeed not spoil myself with.

In any case, I found the first world to bring forth quite a bit of information and will make you try to guess what could be happening soon.

Venitas

remember the first time you saw Deep Dive in kh1fm and how badass it was?
kh3d's story, in terms of the original kh worlds (not disney ones), seems incredibly badass. i've seen the ending and everything, and just..wow.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I've played through the whole game, and I found the story pretty good. About as confusing as I've come to expect from the KH series. It ties together a lot of plot points in a way that you're either going to think is incredible, or just incredibly contrived.

Hmm interesting. Sounds like the series is picking up the scattered cliffhangers/mysteries from previous games and consolidating them together. I'm glad this is the case.

How was the battle system/enemies in comparison to Birth by Sleep? Are they reasonably blockable, requires strategy, and the sort?

Awards

It's a very good story, it did explain a lot, but it also opened up new mysteries. As a hard core KH fan, who knows the story inside and out, I just have to say that I've never been more confused with the storyline of a KH game than this one. I mean, it's not SUPER confusing, but there are just a lot of things that sort of contradict things that have been explained in the past games. It really leaves you wanting more, however. So, that's a very good thing. I really can't wait for the english version, because maybe it'll make it more understandable for me. I also can't wait for the Ultimania interview, because Nomura has quite a bit of explaining to do with some of the more crazy things that happened in the game. And like every other KH game, it has it's sad, happy, funny, etc. moments. I don't think it's as sad as Days and BBS were though. But anyway, yeah, it's a great story, just a little confusing and "wtf?!" at times. Plus, I think out of any KH game so far, this one has the most "shockers", so get ready to have your mind blown. Haha! You won't be disappointed with it! :)

leonidus

I said this in the spoiler section, but the story here kind of turned me around. I liked BBS a lot even though I felt it added to the storyline more complexity than it needed (the looks of Vanitas for one) and I really hoped we would move on to KH3 finally. I didn't have an illusion that it would come soon, I am a patient man. But when 3D was announced it felt to me like they were releasing a game for the sake of releasing a game. I still think that branching the games on so many systems is a horrible mistake for a story heavy series.

But yes, without going into spoilers, instead of making things more complex, the new elements introduced here actually sort out stuff. It's safe to say that the impact the story has on the series is the biggest so far because it affects all the games. It's a shift of perspective most of all. What you took for granted may not be taken for granted anymore but, for once, it more or less fits. And above all, the script is a lot better than, say, KH2. I think KH2 did have a good story, but the problem was it was told in a very sloppy way, making it seem jumbled. Not the case here. Instead of having characters tell you of some important stuff, here the scenes do most of the work, with a decent amount of flashbacks.

That said, you might not like everything that's been introduced and it's far from perfect. I for dislike a certain key change done to a certain charcter and Disney worlds do little in progressing the story. Actually, to be precise, the characters from those worlds do little to progress the main story, something that's been bugging the series since after KH1.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

KH3D's story can be summed up in 4 words, "One Big Mind Rape"

I haven't had the chance to play the game myself, i'm still waiting on my order to arrive. But from what i've seen of the story, its is the best so far, it explains alot of things that were seemingly unimportant or unclear in past games, and ties all of this together nicely I think. I can't really comment on gameplay much since I haven't had the chance to enjoy it myself, but one thing I can say from seeing livestreams of the game is that it is probably the hardest KH game to date. My only complaint with the game is that I wish it had more disney worlds, other than that it is nearly perfect.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

"You're gonna suffer, but your gonna be happy about it..."

Oh my god, I love you <3

But yeah, the story is confusing but good.

KevVentus

"You're gonna suffer, but your gonna be happy about it...R.B.W."

This certainly sounds great. I for one want to like Sora more. He hasn't been endearing to me since KH. Now when we talk about all these revelations and shockers, are they spread out across the game, or does it all just explode in the end?

And someone said the Disney worlds weren't relevant... that really surprises me. The smaller number and the scenes from trailers made me think they were going to be the most relevant yet. It seemed like each world had a major scene/conversation that contributed to the overall main plot. Hm.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

As someone trying not to spoil anything this time around, you guys are really gettting me hyped for when I finally do play it. July 31st can't get here soon enough!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

This game is gonna super rainbow bonk your mind. Everything in the series that we've seen so far that was mysterious and out of place will suddenly make sense. I hope this isn't spoilerish at all, but after this game you're going to think that Master Xehanort was a more... organized than you originally thought. I can't say much more than that without spoiling the story.
As for the rest, there are some touching moments at the end and parts that are very...uh, emotional. I have a feeling you're going to like Sora a lot more afterwards.
I can't really say much else. But the story is probably, in my opinion, the best since the original game.

tumblr_luago9abZO1r2zyjc.gif

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

This certainly sounds great. I for one want to like Sora more. He hasn't been endearing to me since KH. Now when we talk about all these revelations and shockers, are they spread out across the game, or does it all just explode in the end?

Well things are hinted at through out the game but it really does all just explode in the end.

KevVentus

Gahhh the anticipation just builds and builds!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I'm glad the game is coming out so soon, but this is a hard wait. It was hard before even reading all of these positive opinions of the game.

CyanSwett

Definitely these opinions have increased my hypes for this game! Thank you all for writing! This thread is a very good choice if you want to know how the game will be ;)

Key Wielder

Awards

I'm glad to see that things look pretty well tied together in this game. I'm sure it leaves plenty of things open, but it wouldn't be KH without a few good twists and turns along the way. =D

Thanks for the non-spoilerish opinions and information! From everything in the thread, it seems like this game just keeps getting better and better. The wait will be brutal but worth it; I'm determined not to spoil it!

iloveytigers

3D Effects

Quick question to anyone who has the game. How are the 3D effects. Does the game take good advantage of it? Is it used more for stuff that pops out or depth? My favorite 3D game right now is Super Mario Land 3D.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Re: 3D Effects

Quick question to anyone who has the game. How are the 3D effects. Does the game take good advantage of it? Is it used more for stuff that pops out or depth? My favorite 3D game right now is Super Mario Land 3D.

I don't have the game and haven't seen it in 3d, but from what the people who tried the game at PAX have been saying is that the 3d is great and doesn't hurt their eyes as much as other games. They only had it for a short time though, but they still liked it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back