• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D to be an "entirely new game" (Famitsu interview translation)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

krexia

Translator
Awards
Translation of Famitsu's interview with Nomura:

"Kingdom Hearts 3D" is a totally new game!

-- Can you give us any details of the game for the new Nintendo 3DS?

Nomura: At first we were contacted directly by Nintendo, and figured at the very least we could cooperate and quickly put together a demo. But I had concepts for a system and a plot, and thinking that they matched well with the Nintendo 3DS, we started work for real on a game. We showed a "demo" this time so as not to release any official information.

-- So is "Kingdom Hearts 3D" the title's official name?

Nomura: I wouldn't say it's official, but I wouldn't say it's unrelated. "3D" doesn't refer to the "third dimension" but rather to the abbreviation of the subtitle. I can't say any more than that right now.

-- We looked at the demo, and the characters that appeared were Sora and Riku from around the time of "Kingdom Hearts", but there were many situations that couldn't possibly have been from the first game.

Nomura: That's because it's not a remake, it's a completely new game. This time both Sora and Riku will be protagonists, and we're currently choosing new worlds. After the simultaneous announcements of "358/2 Days", "Birth by Sleep" and "Coded", "3D" will enter a new phase.

-- What kind of story will it be? Whereabouts will it be in the series' timeline?

Nomura: I can't tell you that yet. I can say that the thing we were developing in line with everyone's expectations has fallen apart somewhat, and developed into something unpredictable. There are some hints in "Re:Coded", so I think interested people will want to play that.

-- We're deeply interested in what kind of system we'll see on the Nintendo 3DS hardware.

Nomura: It's not that we've gone with 3D; at the moment, we're thinking of three different systems. The title will be made by the Osaka team that did "Birth by Sleep", and when I took the proposal to Yasue (Co-director of BbS) in Osaka the other day, he was very happy about it (laughs).

-- Yasue is in charge of the battles in "Re:Coded" too, right?

Nomura: That's right. At the moment we also have the foreign edition of "Birth by Sleep", so the Osaka staff are all very busy. But they still managed to make a good demo in a short amount of time, so I think they'll give it their all.

-- And what of the release date?

Nomura: You're impatient (laughs)! We'll get it out as soon as possible. I can't say any more than that right now (laughs).

-- Finally, do you have a message for the players?

Nomura: You may think that it looked like the "two concepts" we've been talking about were both present at E3 this year, but there's actually one more apart from "Kingdom Hearts 3D". (Editor: The other one remains a mystery.) Our reason for coming to E3 this time wasn't just for the announcement, but also for some meetings. We plan to come to E3 again next year, and there are still some hidden gems, but first of all please look forward to "Re:Coded" which will be released soon.

Last edited:

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
What does he mean by "a new phase?" And thank you for translating this, officialy I suppose

αsiя

space coke
So now everyone could shut up that Re:coded and KH3D are the last two games before KH3.

krexia

Translator
Awards
What does he mean by "a new phase?"
It's Nomura, god only knows what he's hinting at. The Japanese word he uses is 段階 (dankai) which can mean grade (as in gradation), stage, phase, step, class... I wouldn't try to read too much into it.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
αsiя;5108351 said:
So now everyone could shut up that Re:coded and KH3D are the last two games before KH3.
Yes, now they can start bitching about how there are -three- new games before KH3.

αsiя

space coke
Let them bitch. It's the only way our guests can be entertained.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I'm really getting sick of the "WHEN IS KH3 COMING OUT!!!" bullcrap. It's not like they stopped making KH games in general for the past years and so far all of them are good.

Silent hero_

Awards
-- We're deeply interested in what kind of system we'll see on the Nintendo 3DS hardware.

Nomura: It's not that we've gone with 3D; at the moment, we're thinking of three different systems. The title will be made by the Osaka team that did "Birth by Sleep", and when I took the proposal to Yasue (Co-director of BbS) in Osaka the other day, he was very happy about it (laughs).

So, it isn't decided which system they're gonna take? Intresting.. Hopefully the PSP is one of them.

tangerine

Awards
So, it isn't decided which system they're gonna take? Intresting.. Hopefully the PSP is one of them.

I think he was referring to the gameplay or visual system. The question asks what kind of system will be present on the 3DS and Nomura answers that they haven't gone with a 3D system, yet.

Anyway, that was good to read. I thought that there was another title that wasn't announced yet, despite being hacked with "affirmations" that the other game that Nomura was talking about was definitely Re:Coded. I caved into that for a bit but I'm glad to see that my original thinking wasn't wrong. Also, those who complain about KH3 shouldn't be, really. The director that works on the main KH titles is currently working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII. These other KH games are being worked on because KH3 can't be worked on until Versus XIII is done. I, for one, am thankful.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

It's already been decided that this game will be on the 3DS. Nomura is saying they are conisdering three different gameplay systems.

Silent hero_

Awards
Yeah, I misunderstood it.. Oh well, if it turns out to be a good game, I might actually consider to buy the 3DS. Hopefully it can play the DS lite games.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
It's already been decided that this game will be on the 3DS. Nomura is saying they are conisdering three different gameplay systems.

And I'm hoping one of the three gameplay systems is the BBS style. >:D

That said, I'm curious as to what hints of 3D are in RE:Coded... *Puts Thinking Cap on*

Coeurl

Demon Dance
thanks for the translation krexia!

Nomura: You may think that it looked like the "two concepts" we've been talking about were both present at E3 this year, but there's actually one more apart from "Kingdom Hearts 3D". (Editor: The other one remains a mystery.)...

so there's still a chance for another KH on psp.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
I see...Thanks for the translations Krexia.

So we have Recoded, 3DS and one more mystery game.

Recoded: remake of coded, hints to 3DS they will release it soon and is for Nintendo DS.

KH3D: Completely new game, Sora and Riku are the main protagonists, 3D has something to do with subtitle, thinking 3 new battle systems, Osaka team are making this and is for Nintendo 3DS

finally one more game: complete mystery about this title.

I think i got them right, right?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Edit: never mind, ignore this.

Last edited:

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
dont see why people think they haven't 'decided' on a system yet. they're developing three...

it's like bbs has normal battles, and then shoot lock is considered another system. they're just tihnking up three like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back