• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Films

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Well, I don't mind watching a KH movie (or anime). I like the hand drawing of KH.

Btw, I always wonder: why people always keep movies into a 2-hour movie if it can be more than that? Is there any rules that say: "Movies more than 3 hours are forbidden and will be penaltied with $100.000"?

I woudn't mind a KH movie all that much either (or anime) though I think it'd be better if it weren't a direct adaptation.

As to why movies are usualy about 2 hours long, it's mostly because people begin to loss attention after sitting and straing at a sceen for too long. You could always make a movie that's 3 hours+, they've been done before, it's just that people loss focus after a while.

S

SoulSilver

most of these people on here believe if they made a KH movie the series would be worse, which isn't true heck it could be better if they did make one.

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
A KH movie? Please.......KH is better as a game. I actually do like the idea of it being a film but had a bad feeling it will become like Dragonball or Legend of Chun Li.

So yeah, no to KH being made into a film.

Fortissimo

Oddly enough, there are KH fan musicals > YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Musical - 2005- Part 1/6 < which in my opinion, are strange and not something I would want to watch. If Disney directs it like an animated 90's version, I would see it having similarities to this. However, if square did it with very minimal Disney involvement save for a few characters with CGI graphics, it would be semi watchable.

Overall, no. No movie.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Pokemon The First Move was epic, so yeah there shut up
More than ten years down the track and look at how fukken crappy that movie was. It was horrid, specifically catered towards the kids, and with absolutely nothing in mind to actually make a quality piece of any kind. KH shouldn't go in that direction.

Apollo

Silver Member
No, it's hardly even a good game anymore. I would hate to see a movie.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
KH is much more suited for a primetime tv show. Especially if adapted directly from the games. Just add a couple scenes to the opening and closing of each episode-and modify some portions to not be dead weight-and you have a show that fits comfortably in an hour long timeslot.

Days might make a good movie, but it'd have to be long.

hiddenblade

Nope Nada Never gonna happen there is to much to the game, & to little movie time, and then think about what about non KH fans it's the best game series I've ever played and more people should play it, but if your channel surfing, & suddenly you see donald duck blasten somehing with lightning or a kid with a giant key are you really gonna want to play the game or watch the movie? the only way to pull it off would be 2 make everything like the tailers at the end of the games and even then, it would only look good.

Last edited:

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't know about a movie but a anime would be cool.
Movie would'nt be to bad either but they would ofcourse never beat the games anyway

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
In regards to the Eragon comment as an analogy to what a KH movie would more than likely end up as...

Eragon, in my opinion, wasn't even remotely original until Brisingr. Especially when I've seen the Star Wars Saga a million times. It made a horrible movie, which cut out tons of stuff that should've been in it, which is why I haven't seen anyone really clamoring for Eldest to be released in theaters anytime soon. Just like how the near-five different directors screwed up Harry Potter to the point of where it's pointless to watch the movies. J.K. Rowling finally when angsty and said "We need to split up the seventh book into two movies so everyone understands it!!111!11" - Should have done that before Alfonso messed up Prisoner of Azkaban.

KH as a movie, while a good idea, is not going to work. They couldn't use real actors - they'd have to do CGI, like in FF:AC. They'd have to get all the voice actors they used in the games, and even then, there isn't a way to fit it all into even a three hour movie.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
Originally posted by Jub Jub376
Eragon, in my opinion, wasn't even remotely original until Brisingr. Especially when I've seen the Star Wars Saga a million times. It made a horrible movie, which cut out tons of stuff that should've been in it, which is why I haven't seen anyone really clamoring for Eldest to be released in theaters anytime soon. Just like how the near-five different directors screwed up Harry Potter to the point of where it's pointless to watch the movies. J.K. Rowling finally when angsty and said "We need to split up the seventh book into two movies so everyone understands it!!111!11" - Should have done that before Alfonso messed up Prisoner of Azkaban.
You make a good point there. The only way a KH movie could even be remotely good is if stayed away from the games storyline and had its own plot and characters.

Last edited:
Awards
This game will someday be bound to be turned into a movie. I can just visualize those people saying "no" rushing to the theaters and screaming like a fangirl.

Much like a book/game turned into a movie, many parts will obviously be cut. They don't even need to use the Disney worlds in my opinion. The worlds were just there to make the game more enjoying and fun.

tomasmccann

Awards
Why does every one on this forum hate kingdom hearts? Did i ever read any post of someone talking well about kingdom hearts? It's just people moaning and sulking about how stupid nomura is, how boring the games are, how movies wouldn't be appropriate, how long its talking for future games, how nomura is streching the series, how it's becoming another final fantasy, and complaining about the eccesive amount of characters that nomura pulls out of his ass etc.
Man, get over it! It's not a way of life, it's a damn videogame!!! Who cares if they are making too many games or planning to make a movie or whatever, just don't watch the film, don't play the game, and you'll be fine! JEEZ! Just let them make the movie, see how it turns out, then you can judge. I mean, it's not a crime if they intend to make one.
Some posts really make me sick, i think i'm gonna get off the Kingdom Hearts forums... nobody likes kingdom hearts, here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back