• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Fun Facts v2.0

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
The intro, My Sanctuary...

first off, the song is called Sanctuary. second off, the Japanese song Passion was most likely written first.

but most importantly, any song can be palyed backwards and ALL OF THEM will sound horrible. all the secret message stuff is ridiculous.

the only backwards lyrics in Sancutary/Passion that actually matter are "i need more affection than you know," "so many ups and downs," and "i need true emotions" because they were done on purpose.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
first off, the song is called Sanctuary. second off, the Japanese song Passion was most likely written first.

but most importantly, any song can be palyed backwards and ALL OF THEM will sound horrible. all the secret message stuff is ridiculous.

the only backwards lyrics in Sancutary/Passion that actually matter are "i need more affection than you know," "so many ups and downs," and "i need true emotions" because they were done on purpose.

Sanctuary was made first as said by Utada.

EDIT: She actually had a hard time writing the lyrics to Passion. Sanctuary came to her easy.

Teiku 5

Website
www.facebook.com
Sanctuary was made first as said by Utada.

i'm sorry but you're wrong.

Okay, so going back a little bit, the fact that Exodus was released in English also in Japan, was that a conscious decision? Was there ever any pressure either on your label over there, or from other people to say, “Well, if you do Japanese versions of these songs, they’ll be so much more accessible, many more people will get to that?”

Utada: Uh-huh. Well, from the beginning, yeah…before doing that contract, I’d done a few songs where I had to translate, like for Kingdom Hearts, I had to make an English version of the song “Hikari,” which became “Simple and Clean,” and then also for Kingdom Hearts II, I had to make the Japanese version which was the song “Passion” and then the English version that was “Sanctuary,” and that was so hard, it’s just—and it felt strained—and as a result, I’m happy that I worked hard to do those, because those English versions are really good and “Simple and Clean,” I think, is a really good song, and people…most of the people that know me here, they know me for that—but it’s not ideal for me as a writer, to…because, actually, I changed the melodies for “Simple and Clean” and “Hikari,” because when you change the language you’re singing in, the same melodies don’t work—and as a writer, it’s just very frustrating to have, like…I wrote these melodies for Japanese words, and to have to write in English for that, it’s just not right. And then, so, for this, uh, this contract with Island Def Jam, in the beginning I separated it to this English language album, and I don’t do Japanese translations. I just, my integrity as an artist just would not take that, could not take that.
Hikaru Utada May Not Do KH3 Theme*-*Kingdom Hearts Insider

Jfighter

And don't forget "Slave 4 U" by Britney Spears, the under tone slowed down and reversed caused a minor controversy.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
-The Roxas fight in KH2FM was originally planned for the original KH2, but due to time constraints and all that jazz, it wasn't put in the original.
-The original 1,000 Heartless fight looked much harder, with a barrage of familiar Heartless from KH1, such as the Wyverns, Behemoths, and then all the other Heartless that were there as well.
-KH2 was most likely planned even before KH1 released, due to the Menu Trailer that plays in KH1.
-Deep Jungle has never made a appearance outside of the first KH because the rights were taken away or something.
-Sora may have never existed because of how Mickey was the original planned protagonist.
-Cloud in KH1 was also meant to represent Vincent.
-Kairi cannot wield a Keyblade, for she only borrowed the gayblade from Riku.
-Apparently the Dark Side boss fight at Destiny Islands after the world is beginning to get swallowed up was supposed to have you use the Wooden Sword and not the Keyblade.
-ENDLESS, a word that popped up with NOBODY and HEARTLESS in the KH1 secret ending may have been a type of enemy, or not. But it hasn't been mentioned in the series since.
-Bahamut was a planned summon in KH1, but since he would be to big for the screen or whatever, he was scraped.
-Supposedly, Oathkeeper represents Kairi, and Oblivion represents Riku.
-When KH2 was being translated into English, some things in the game were changed. i.e. Xigbar's sniper ness ness, the Hydra's blood or something was changed to smoke, and Axel's death was made "more suitable for a younger audience"
-Atlantica in KH2 was a major fail
-Kairi in the BETA trailer for KH1 looked like a cross between a Gorilla and a man, at least, in the face area.
-Disney owns every single bit of KH except the FF Characters. Those belong to SQUARE.
-Namine aged from CoM to KH2.
-Many people in the KH Community hate Kairi
-Water was originally a spell for KH1, but was scrapped.
-Final Mixes will never be released in America because the Japanese are douches.

I'll probably think of more later

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I read another interview that said she wrote Sanctuary first. Or the translation of the article was wrong..Or time has warped my memories.

Okay then! One misconception corrected!

-The Roxas fight in KH2FM was originally planned for the original KH2, but due to time constraints and all that jazz, it wasn't put in the original.
-The original 1,000 Heartless fight looked much harder, with a barrage of familiar Heartless from KH1, such as the Wyverns, Behemoths, and then all the other Heartless that were there as well.
-KH2 was most likely planned even before KH1 released, due to the Menu Trailer that plays in KH1.
-Deep Jungle has never made a appearance outside of the first KH because the rights were taken away or something.
-Sora may have never existed because of how Mickey was the original planned protagonist.
-Cloud in KH1 was also meant to represent Vincent.
-Apparently the Dark Side boss fight at Destiny Islands after the world is beginning to get swallowed up was supposed to have you use the Wooden Sword and not the Keyblade.
-ENDLESS, a word that popped up with NOBODY and HEARTLESS in the KH1 secret ending may have been a type of enemy, or not. But it hasn't been mentioned in the series since.
-Bahamut was a planned summon in KH1, but since he would be to big for the screen or whatever, he was scraped.
-When KH2 was being translated into English, some things in the game were changed. i.e. Xigbar's sniper ness ness, the Hydra's blood or something was changed to smoke, and Axel's death was made "more suitable for a younger audience"
-Kairi in the BETA trailer for KH1 looked like a cross between a Gorilla and a man, at least, in the face area.
-Disney owns every single bit of KH except the FF Characters. Those belong to SQUARE.
-Namine aged from CoM to KH2.
-Many people in the KH Community hate Kairi
-Water was originally a spell for KH1, but was scrapped.
-Final Mixes will never be released in America because the Japanese are douches.

-laughs at the Kairi thing- Both that a lot of people hate her and that she looks like a Gorilla man thing.

-smiles at the Disney owns everything thing- Carrying some baggage from that MMO thread?

D= Bahamut would have been awesome.

Last edited:

Naximi

In a magical place where nobody has to make sense

My bad, I was talking about the video. But you're right, the music isn't really that reversable.

Teiku 5

Website
www.facebook.com
AND DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE POKEMON THEME!!!! /stupidity.

if musicians wanted you to listen to their songs backwards, they would tell you. heck, they would release a professionally done backwards version.

EDIT:

can you explain that one?

now that would have actually made it hard.

Last edited:

Jfighter

Love those. :D

The first, I thought i saw confirmed somewhere.

Second one: What Menu Trailer? Where to find in-game, or, even better, a pic/vid online?

Naximi

In a magical place where nobody has to make sense
Oh, and did anybody notice what Roxas filled in on the table at the haunted mansion? It was like an incomplete picture in the library that you could only fill out after Namine gave you her sketches, and when you filled it in, the secret passageway to the lab opened. The sign had three circles- there was a heartless symbol and a nobody symbol, then Roxas filled in the third one, but his hand blocked the picture. That was a clue to the Unbirths- did anybody recognize it?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
It wasn't a clue to the Unbirths, it was a crown, like the one on the KK.

State

Awards
Oh, yeah! I forgot about Ansem's name. ^^ Also, Xehanort can be anagram of No Heart or Another, with an X added to the name.

You forgot "a throne" without the "X".

Lonbilly

Awards
What Menu Trailer? Where to find in-game, or, even better, a pic/vid online?

At the beginning, it has Kairi's note to Sora from KH2

-smiles at the Disney owns everything thing- Carrying some baggage from that MMO thread?

Lol Yes. But perhaps I should not speak of how much baggage or insult that particular maker of that thread.

Another little fun fact
-You cannot save after beating KH1, CoM, KH1: FM, or KH2. But you can in KH2: FM (Don't remember if you can for Re: CoM or Days though).
-Riku was the original kiddo who was meant to receive KK. But, because he went all submitting to darkness and his heart weakening, the KK went to Sora.
-Sora's hair seems to be blonde-er in KH2, while in KH1 it is just dark brown.

State

Awards
- Roxas was recruited by Xemnas personally instead of the ones usually doing the job who were Xigbar, Xaldin and Lexeaus as a substitute.

Jfighter

At the beginning, it has Kairi's note to Sora from KH2

You are right! I remember thinking when I saw that for the first time that I had heard the "One Sky, One Destiny" speech somewhere else. Which makes no sense in my opinion... maybe it has to do with Sora = Sky, lol!

It is similar to how Xion's seashell is shown briefly in the intro video of KH2.

Lonbilly

Awards
-The Enigmatic Soldier/LS/"Terra" fight in KH2: FM is NOT Cannon, meaning it was irrelevant. Plus, wasn't it put in there without Nomura's knowledge?

State

Awards
- Sora's Station of Serenity was there because he was dreaming, while Roxas' was there because he was daydreaming or he was teleported there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back