• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janus Q

Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

please, theres no doubt in my mind that Square-Enix wouldn't re-release a HD remake of a game. now this series, there is a possibility. i think with the announcement of the FFX vita remake, there is a definite possibility that SE will be on a roll with multiple remakes for future or current systems.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Dale said:
Im guessing pretty much all of the communty has saw the 8 minute pv, as well as the middle section of the CGI with scenes from Kingdom hearts past, Im just gonna pitch this here and say square wouldnt go to that length unless they were hinting at a HD collection, Let me know what you guys think :)
The opening of the game could foreshadow a HD collection? I like the way you think =).

What am I talking about, no I don't. That idea is ridiculous. To even suggest that a games opening, which has the purpose of recapping the series so far, no foreshadowing a HD collection >:v

qyetcapri

I hope this comes out. If it does I will purchase 2-3 copies. And let it come out on Wii-U or whatever as well. I don't have money to buy 2 new systems to play one game.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~

As much as i like to believe that the team is foreshadowing an HD collection with that trailer i think that's not the real deal.(most likely it's not)

They did the same thing with KH2 and Re:Coded. Anyway i hope we get an HD remaster. with BBS KH1 RE:COM and KH2.

I think that's the best case scenario.

Rallade

Awards

After watching the 8 min trailer, I'm starting to change my mind about how I thought it would've been weird if it wouldn't have that cartoony look to it, I actually like the animation a lot in this one - not saying that they were bad before but this one was absolutely gorgeous.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Why? Give reason.

jmartin912

Why? Give reason.
Because Nomura has said before that he doesn't think Remakes of any kind would sell well in America, hence why we don't get the final mixes. I think it's a far-fetched idea, not that a remake will happen, just it coming out in America, he'll definitely make one for the Japan fans. As always.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Because Nomura has said before that he doesn't think Remakes of any kind would sell well in America, hence why we don't get the final mixes. I think it's a far-fetched idea, not that a remake will happen, just it coming out in America, he'll definitely make one for the Japan fans. As always.

Ah HD remaster is completely different. Especially if it is a collection. There is no remaking involved since it already exists, and it has been over ten years since the first game has come out and five since KH2. They just convert the game into 1080p or 720p and release it. MGS HD collection sold well, and a ton of other HD Remaster/Collections have sold, as well. I see no reason why this wouldn't come out around the world.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

Ah HD remaster is completely different. Especially if it is a collection. There is no remaking involved since it already exists, and it has been over ten years since the first game has come out and five since KH2. They just convert the game into 1080p or 720p and release it. MGS HD collection sold well, and a ton of other HD Remaster/Collections have sold, as well. I see no reason why this wouldn't come out around the world.

Though I believe sometimes they change some of the textures used in the games. I do hope they come with a collection eventually, I really want to have Re:CoM actually, they didn't release it here in Europe + HD Kingdom Hearts is instant epic imo ;p

jmartin912

Yeah, I guess so, but that's Metal Gear Solid, not Kingdom hearts . . . I promise, I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but . . . I just don't think it'll happen. Fans will moan and groan about the games not being KH3 and they'll find something wrong with it so I just don't see the point I guess. I would love to have a Collection of the games for PS3 but I just don't think it's going to happen.

sora4sky

I think an HD Remaster would be great for many people who follow the series. An awesoem way to bring new players and an even more awesome way to remember/see the story and what to expect from it.

Of course they won't know stuff we folks here know but they will be update.

And about sales i think all KH fans would want to have all the games in on Blu-ray disc. Especially since you could buy at least 3 games for the price of 1.

Awards

Why? Give reason.

They're basically re-releasing an old game just for better graphics with nothing else included. It's not even a remake. A collection? Yeah, only fans will buy that and it won't sell. Since we all know that KH is a cash cow now, it's a waste of time, effort, and money for them just to localize it. This is most likely the exact reason why they didn't release FM's outside Japan as well.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

They're basically re-releasing an old game just for better graphics with nothing else included.
If they do the Final Mix versions, there will be new things included.
Re-releases generally don't have anything new in them. They're just upgraded versions that sell.

It's not even a remake. A collection? Yeah, only fans will buy that and it won't sell. Since we all know that KH is a cash cow now, it's a waste of time, effort, and money for them just to localize it. This is most likely the exact reason why they didn't release FM's outside Japan as well.
The PS2 is outdate. Most people have gone on to the more recent systems. It's not wrong of S-E to release a HD version of their games so people can buy them and experience them on the new systems. They will sell. Fans will buy them, people who want KH 3 will buy them(Since they are the "main" games of the series) and it will introduce new fans to the series.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

They're basically re-releasing an old game just for better graphics with nothing else included. It's not even a remake. A collection? Yeah, only fans will buy that and it won't sell. Since we all know that KH is a cash cow now, it's a waste of time, effort, and money for them just to localize it. This is most likely the exact reason why they didn't release FM's outside Japan as well.

If it's the Final Mix versions in the collection, then I'd say it would sell.

Besides, who's to say they won't add a little something in the collections? I could easily see Nomura adding in something heavily related to KH3 in a collection as either a demo, secret ending, new scenes, whatever.

If Final fantasy X sells, I don't see why a KH collection wouldn't.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

You know shat wpuld be good option in the collection: A option to turn Reaction Commands off. That would shut people up.

That + the bonuses KH2FM had to add difficulty, and that would be great.

I don't expect them to completely fix the system, but at least give us a better version/FM's.

jmartin912

That + the bonuses KH2FM had to add difficulty, and that would be great.

I don't expect them to completely fix the system, but at least give us a better version/FM's.
It would be awesome if he released HD versions of the Final Mixes but regualr versions . . . I don't think it would sell very well.

sora4sky

It would be awesome if he released HD versions of the Final Mixes but regualr versions . . . I don't think it would sell very well.

Well you can't really compare them. I mean of course more people will choose the collection with the games that have more stuff, that's for sure.

Having said that as i stated before a Collection of the games isn't a bad move in any case. If they include just Re:Com people in Europe at least they want to buy it since they never get a chance to play it. At least those who never imported.

That's what i think. I might be wrong though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back