• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- featured at D23 Anaheim Expo!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Square Enix USA has just announced that KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX will be featured at D23 Expo in Anaheim, California from August 9-11th.

It's quite a surprising turn of events as the KINGDOM HEARTS series is typically absent from Disney-based events. While fans have been greatly looking forward to the expo taking place in Japan, there was not much hope for the one in Anaheim. Although Square Enix has not unveiled exactly how the HD remaster will be presented, those lucky attendees will no doubt have something very special within their grasp.

Now that KINGDOM HEARTS will be featured at a huge Disney event such as this, there's no doubt that things are beginning to pick up for the franchise, seeing as the head of Disney Interactive himself attended E3 this year for KINGDOM HEARTS III's unveiling.

For those of you who don't know, D23 Expo is the primere Disney fan event in North America, in which various Disney products and media are featured for attendants to view exclusively ahead of schedule. Some of the most anticipated content this year feature Walt Disney Animation's upcoming 3D animated film Frozen, the smash hit television series Gravity Falls, as well as the latest in the world of Pixar.

Along with Disney's acquisition of both Marvel and Lucas Films, it is undoubtedly going to be very interesting to follow.

Japan will also be holding their first ever D23 Expo in October where series director Tetsuya Nomura, along with executive producer Shinji Hashimoto and the voice actors of Sora, Riku, and Roxas, will discuss the series and new information on KINGDOM HEARTS III.

For more information on D23 Expo being held in Anaheim, California, visit the official D23 website.

Edit: Guests attending D23 Expo will get an early hands on with Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-. Whether this means an early copy or just playing the game at one of the booths is yet to be announced.

Source: Square Enix USA via Twitter, Kingdom Hearts via Facebook

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Apparently it's very difficult to make a proper announcement ahead of time to allow potential attendees to plan and save money.

Ugh, whatever. Hope the exposure it'll get there will be better than that Gameinformer preview.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not angry I'm just a little upset. Living in California close to Anaheim, having planned to go to D23 but deciding not to because "Oh, should save money and lol I love Gravity Falls and Disney in general but KH would definitely make me go but lol Disney doesn't care about KH so why bother this info will be online by the end of the event anyways."

BUT NO.

It would have been great if they hadn't sprung it up two days before the event. I had the money for this a month ago when Disney did the latest schedule update...

Anyways, I hope people that are attending enjoy playing the game!

(Next D23 they better have demo of KH3 and announce it AT LEAST a month in advance.)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Wow, I'm VERY excited about this. While I cannot attend D23, I know a bunch of people (well over 20) attending the event and I know they release exclusive merchandise there. Perhaps we'll be seeing some exclusive KH merch, if so, I'll try to get as many as possible to help those not attending (including myself) but that's even if they release anything. I'm thinking another Kingdom Hearts pin...WHICH I WILL WANT BADLY!!!

moonstar_xo

Times like these REALLY make me wish I lived on the west coast...lol. Hope everyone going enjoys the game and other goodies D23 has~

Gram

Banned
Awards
Bout time got recognized by disney! Now if only I lived on the west coast. ಠ__ಠ

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Gonna reserve my judgement until we know how exactly it'll be represented.

Bout time got recognized by disney! Now if only I lived on the west coast. ಠ__ಠ

I swear you said the exact same thing every time we had an update about D23 Japan xD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
KH%20Facebook.png

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Good luck to those who will be "getting their hands on" the game early at D23. Maybe they mean getting the game early or just playable?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Good luck to those who will be "getting their hands on" the game early at D23. Maybe they mean getting the game early or just playable?

I think it's just a demo. From all my friends there, they've said nothing about getting the game early, just a demo. No new merchandise either, but I'll just take KH at D23 ^_^

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I think it's just a demo. From all my friends there, they've said nothing about getting the game early, just a demo. No new merchandise either, but I'll just take KH at D23 ^_^

It was definitely weird the way they worded that sentence lol. "Get your hands on the game a month early from release" something something but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back